WDW Should Not Open in July. Discuss.

Should WDW open in July?

• Yes. I'd definitely go if I had the chance.

Votes: 133 26.3%
  • No. Not in July, but I would go before a vaccine is available.

Votes: 203 40.2%
  • No. Not in July, and I won't feel safe going until there is a vaccine.

Votes: 169 33.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you want the economy to stay shut down? Ask them cast members how they feel when they lose that extra 600 dollars a week when they only get Floridas terrible unemployment pay. Lots of people have to go to work. My wife works at a grocery store. Over 100 workers works at the grocery store in New Jersey. Not one person has gotten corona. Why because masks are required for workers and shoppers. Just like it will be in wdw. of course with 70k workers there will be some corona. But we can’t stay shutdown forever.

FL unemployment is terrible because people are fearful of a nanny state. People have to overcome their fear and realize that a nanny state is pretty good when you’re in the middle of a pandemic.

I’m tax planning now as I expect taxes to go up over the next couple of years to pay for this. There is no free lunch.

Just got back from Disney, obviously a resort only stay. I actually think people were being more cautious with distancing with the spike. Cleaning was going on like crazy at the resorts and Disney Springs. After what I saw at resorts and Disney Springs, I think a limited capacity, limited experience theme park experience would be perfectly fine in July.
Our clothing stores just reopened at home with limited capacity and I waited in line about 45 minutes to return a pair of shorts and find new ones for my daughter before our trip. We joked that we needed a FastPass for the line. Theme parks can do that same social distance line, but can better manage it with their capacity limits. While my daughter and I waited in line, we also noticed how many cars were out of state at our outlet mall. With all the NY/NJ license plates, it was like our normal touristy summer. We did go home after one long line though. I wait for Disney attractions, not so my daughter can clothes shop.

I'm definitely not ready personally and I don't think given the current trends, it's smart to be reopening them at this time. But I'm also not banking on a vaccine, so I won't necessarily wait until there is one. I can't say at this point when I'd be comfortable though.

This is exactly me and my sister. We are planning a trip for December 2021, hoping there is a vaccine or that it's...I hate to say "safer" but I don't know what else to call it. I'm not ready this year to go to a petri dish of people from all over the place, even with masks and social distancing. I'm not going to be Disney's guinea pig, as much as I'm wanting to go. I think I'd *like* to be able to go next December, that this nightmare will be over and we can adjust to the new normal whatever it turns out to be. But right now there are too many ignorant people out there for my comfort (by 'out there,' I mean the country as a whole not just Florida.) We've discussed it and will wait it out until 2022 if needs be.

I didn't answer your poll because none of the three options fit what I feel.

If they want to open in July fine, I don't plan on going but it's not related to WDW. I have an amusement park here in my area and I'm not clamoring to go there at this point. And I am not making such a statement that I would wait to go to WDW until a vaccine.

So I'd be more Yes if they want to open in July fine, no I don't plan on waiting for a vaccine but neither am I rushing to go there especially when I have something in my backyard (and as I said I'm not rushing there either).

OP you have leading questions in your poll and they are too similar in the 3 options. Consider that you don't leave room for responses that don't fit your viewpoint.

We also don’t know all the information on the spike other than pure number data, so it may not be a bad as it looks. My teen daughter got her first job in the culinary dept of a retirement/nursing home. She does not have contact with the residents, but as an employee she had to get a Covid test between 2 dates. We were on vacation and today she returned and did the test. With a blanket sweep testing everybody, they are going to catch asymptomatic people. Are they doing sweeps like this in prisons and in other places too? I’m more concerned about hospitalization rate and death rate. Look how many people get a common cold each year. It can kill people with existing conditions, can knock people down for a few days, it can cause secondary infections in others like bronchitis or sinus infections, then some others just have a little sniffle.... I know Coronavirus is different than a cold, but we would look at the cold cases differently based on severity and we aren’t doing that with Covid.

Little to no regard in how ones actions affect others around them.
This is the part that so few people today even consider.

They go to WDW and have a great time with no problems. They bring covid home with them, infect Grandma, and she dies.

Then they complain about the government not doing enough to combat this dreadful pandemic.

It is irresponsible and stupid to open now. Do we really need people coming from all over the country to a state known for surging cases and then go disperse back all over the country. And the people actually going are being irresponsible and selfish as well.
Gimme a break. Selfish is the new favorite word. 🙄 I’m traveling by car & will follow all guidelines when there.

I really do not fit your poll however I did vote that i would go, but not in July. I meant taht while this spike is climbing I will not go. I live in CT and work in MA. We have managed to flatten our curve and have made many changes in how we work, eat out (curbside) and seek entertainment. I cannot imagine the influx of cases of folks visit the theme parks and then come back here without self isolation for a few weeks. I do not want to do this again, so I do worry about the consequences. I dont feel good about the parks opening however time will tell how that plays out.

What do you think about cruise ships?

I would get on a cruise ship tomorrow if they were sailing

you are also going to a theme park next week so obviously we have differing opinions on this. But if I had no options but to pick a limited capacity cruise ship or limited capacity theme park I’d pick the cruise ship. I’d be so sea sick I’d be in my cabin alone barfing the entire time.

Assuming short term rentals don't get rolled back here, we have a similar plan on this coast.
A secluded cottage on the coast would be an ideal get a way (for me) right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter