WDW Fans: Will you go see Harry Potter?

We have never been interested in Universal, never been there in our many trips to WDW.

BUT we do love Harry Potter, so we will take a day during our 2011 trip to visit Universal. Why not? The previews look great.

Lin

I know alot of Christians are fine with it, we just have an aversion to witchcraft at our house.:)
Hey, I understand and to each his own.

But, do you find it at all ironic that your Disboard name is Magic and you're a huge Disney lover and the huge majority if Disney films and attractions are centered around magic, witches, sorcery, dragons and many other things that are associated with the so-called occult? I'm just sayin' . . .

As someone who has seen every Potter Movie at 12:01am on the first day of release on IMAX, there is absolutely no doubt that we will stray to Universal on our next trip in August. We are staying offsite so we're not "land-locked" into Disney by the Magical Express. We've been waiting for Potter since it was announced.

While it will be a major bummer not having the Extra Magic Hours, it actually will be refreshing to have a car to get around and not be so reliant on the buses.

colinsdad, I just want to remind you that Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure have free Express Pass for resort guests. (I doubt, however, if HP will be included for a while. we were there when Rip Tide rollercoaster first opened, and it was not included yet. darn, I really wanted to ride that... NOT!:rotfl2: ok, but Nebo wanted to., but it was like an hour and a half wait.)
It's SO worth it to try it just once, staying onsite. it is such a short WALK to both parks. we stay at Royal Pacific (the cheapest) gorgeous pool! no slide, but a water fun area for kids. but Hard Rock(stayed there once) has a GREAT water slide at their pool, and pool hopping is allowed.
do not eat at the resorts, though.. pricey... but City walk has great dining venues, as well as counter service satnds.

colinsdad, I just want to remind you that Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure have free Express Pass for resort guests. (I doubt, however, if HP will be included for a while. we were there when Rip Tide rollercoaster first opened, and it was not included yet. darn, I really wanted to ride that... NOT!:rotfl2: ok, but Nebo wanted to., but it was like an hour and a half wait.)
It's SO worth it to try it just once, staying onsite. it is such a short WALK to both parks. we stay at Royal Pacific (the cheapest) gorgeous pool! no slide, but a water fun area for kids. but Hard Rock(stayed there once) has a GREAT water slide at their pool, and pool hopping is allowed.
do not eat at the resorts, though.. pricey... but City walk has great dining venues, as well as counter service satnds.

Thanks for all that great advice smidgy. :goodvibes

If I didn't have 2 days left on my Hopper (and 6 plus visits), we'd probably be skipping Disney this time around. My cousin is getting married in Celebration and her reception is at the Buena Vista Palace so we're making a week of it.

I'm planning on doing HP on a Tuesday (to avoid the weekend and locals - hope that helps some) and I was lucky enough to score free passes because I signed up for mycokerewards. I had my family give me their 12pk and bottle caps, along with my own, and while it took a while, I had enough points to get 2 free passes to Universal! :yay:

I definatley think I'd like to stay at the Hard Rock sometime. That FREE express pass sounds great! I actually paid $60 for an Express Pass to Halloween Horror nights 3 years ago and it was sooooooo worth it to skip those haunted house lines!

DD and I went to IOA today. Here are pictures of HP as of today.

23710_1385392957550_1313810078_1844592_3811190_n.jpg

23710_1385393117554_1313810078_1844596_27149_n.jpg

23710_1385392997551_1313810078_1844593_421366_n.jpg

23710_1385393037552_1313810078_1844594_2709548_n.jpg

Note the train engine in this picture.

23710_1385392877548_1313810078_1844590_821396_n.jpg

I LOVE Harry Potter! I am the one in line at midnight to get the book and up all night reading it until I'm done. My kids are still young and not that into coasters and I am a big Disney fan so it probably won't make a HUGE difference in our plans but I do plan on going one day on our next trip in August 2010 to check it out.

We are going to get the best of both Worlds! We are going on a 4 day cruise aboard the Disney Wonder with my two best friends and their families then going to see Harry Potter for a couple of days afterwards. You can always make time for both!

colins dad, I have checked out Celebration online, and it looks like a great little "resort city"with places to stay, and shops and restaurants. can you check back withus and let us know more about it? have fun!

anyone who has ridden the ride itself, can you tell us anything about it (esp. for us scardey cats, is it a thrill ride? high? is it like a rollercoaster? I'll do Mummy, but not much scarier than that)

Thanks for all that great advice smidgy. :goodvibes

If I didn't have 2 days left on my Hopper (and 6 plus visits), we'd probably be skipping Disney this time around. My cousin is getting married in Celebration and her reception is at the Buena Vista Palace so we're making a week of it.

I'm planning on doing HP on a Tuesday (to avoid the weekend and locals - hope that helps some) and I was lucky enough to score free passes because I signed up for mycokerewards. I had my family give me their 12pk and bottle caps, along with my own, and while it took a while, I had enough points to get 2 free passes to Universal! :yay:

I definatley think I'd like to stay at the Hard Rock sometime. That FREE express pass sounds great! I actually paid $60 for an Express Pass to Halloween Horror nights 3 years ago and it was sooooooo worth it to skip those haunted house lines!

going on a tuesday will help you avoid larger crowds.
wed, and thur are great days also.

hotel guests do receive the unlimited free express lines except for the special hard ticket events.
hhn rules.......
the express pass for that event is almost as much as the entrance ticket.:eek:

We just got back yesterday from WDW :( Our next trip will be an adults only trip for us to WDW BUT we are planning a trip to Universal on our next family vacation. We already bought the tickets and will probably be going in 2011 or early 2012 with the kids. We will stay on Disney property and drive over to Universal. It will probably be a 2 week vacation so we can do Harry Potter & WDW.

Most definately. We have already planned our next trip to FL will be to Universal, Sea World & Busch Gardens. We will stay at our DVC but most likely not even step foot into a Disney park. We have been to Disney 4 times in 5 years I would like to devote our time to parks we have never been to.

Short answer: YES!!!

We take a trip to WDW almost every year. We were there 3 times from December 08 to October 09 - plus a Disney cruise with the October trip. The only time we have been to Universal was a bit over 9 years ago. Our kids haven't been at all.

So, this summer, we are planning a trip to stay at our wonderful DVC accomodations, but not do the 4 Disney parks. We may do a waterpark. But, our main goal is Harry Potter at Universal (plus the rest of Universal and Sea World). When we have passes to the parks, it is really hard to take time out and go somewhere else.

Oh, absolutely. I'll have to plan a day or two to check it out our next trip. We are huge HP fans and have been anxiously awaiting the opening.

We'll hopefully be headed back to the world in Dec 2011. And I just got the idea last week to possibly head up to Universal for a day to see the new HP Wizarding World. We'll see if we can swing it financially. It'd mean possibly renting a car for the day, pay to park, and buy day passes.

We definitely plan on going, but not during our 2010 trip. We'll probably try it out in 2011. 2012 is reserved for California and Hawaii, Disney style!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter