WDW Fans: Will you go see Harry Potter?

Oh, heck YEAH!!

Sure, Disney is my first love and if I have a free evening or a free weekend afternoon I'm much more likely to end up at WDW than at US or IOA-HOWEVER, there is a lot of fun to be had at US/IOA now and I think Harry Potter will bring even more fun.

I understand those who feel that there is something more magical about WDW, but I don't really understand the idea that going to US/IOA, Busch Gardens or Sea World is somehow cheating on Mickey Mouse.

We are tremendous fans of HP. We've read all of the books multi times, though for some reason, we're just not interested in going to Potterland. I seriously doubt that we'll take a day out of visiting WDW to go.

My wife and I are going to DW May 19th-24th...we are not planning on going to HP or US during that time...

However, I do wonder if HP will affect attendance at the DW parks while we are there...lighter crowds than normal???? What do you think?

I think that what drives some Universal fans a bit off the edge is those who dismiss Universal and have never been. People sometimes have such odd images of the Universal parks and just like all of those who are defending AK in another thread, Universal fans feel compelled to do the same. I'm a BIG Universal fan myself and I personally don't care if people go or not but it does seem a bit shortsighted to just dismiss it so easily.

Universal is not a threat to WDW. The two companies actually help each other.

Whenever I go to Orlando I go to both WDW and Universal- I can't just skip one! We usually spend 4-5 days in disney and 1 or 2 days at Universal. They are both great fun and I actually booked my next trip based on the wizarding world of Harry Potter

I think that what drives some Universal fans a bit off the edge is those who dismiss Universal and have never been. People sometimes have such odd images of the Universal parks and just like all of those who are defending AK in another thread, Universal fans feel compelled to do the same. I'm a BIG Universal fan myself and I personally don't care if people go or not but it does seem a bit shortsighted to just dismiss it so easily.

Universal is not a threat to WDW. The two companies actually help each other.

I pretty much feel this way as well, but you know if they aren't willing to go then it's less of a wait at the rides for us!

We've never been to Universal, but did plan to go at some point. The plan is to go there this year, due to Harry Potter.

I'm curious:

For those of you who usually stay on-site at WDW and do not normally venture off property, how many of you plan to spend a day at Universal on your next vacation to check out the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?

It will be interesting to see what impact (if any) it has on Central Florida theme park attendance and if it impacts WDW in any way.

We plan on seeing the WWoHP on our next trip. We already bought our tickets.

My wife and I are going to DW May 19th-24th...we are not planning on going to HP or US during that time...

However, I do wonder if HP will affect attendance at the DW parks while we are there...lighter crowds than normal???? What do you think?

As a "townie" I'm hoping that the rising tide of Harry Potter lifts all boats and brings more tourists to the area. Yes, driving on I-4 and 192 with them drives me up the proverbial wall but our economy really needs Harry Potter to do some magic for the entire area.

As a "townie" I'm hoping that the rising tide of Harry Potter lifts all boats and brings more tourists to the area. Yes, driving on I-4 and 192 with them drives me up the proverbial wall but our economy really needs Harry Potter to do some magic for the entire area.

I hope HP brings more tourist too. That would be great for central FL.

We have some passes to Universal that expire in 2037. At some point we plan on using them, but, don't know when. We'll probably wait until the luster dies off on Harry Potter before going.

Besides, isn't HP at Islands of Adventure?

We are planning to spend one night at Universal this fall (2 days) so that we can use Express Pass. We have only been to Universal once and that was for a day probably 15 years ago and had no desire to go back until they announced the Harry Potter.

Not that we do not like HP,or we did not want to see the new HP at US. On the contrare,we love HP!!
On are up comeing July trip we where all jack:cool1: to stay at Hard rock and see HP. But we decided not to do it this year for a few reasons!
one and the most Importian,our love for Disney,I know same old ssayings butr Its true the more we look at It the more we where like OMG we are going to miss time from Disney!!:scared1: and that was really are frist reaction to It. Then It got me thinking how pack adventureland and HP Is going to be the frist year,and I know Its going to be pack for a long time,but this up comeing summer,fall and winter are going to be major nuts there!!.So for us It givesus a reason to stay at WDW, and In turn It gives something to look forward to next year.

I usually never want to go to Universal. I've been there once and really didn't enjoy it all that much. I liked IOA, but it wasn't enough for me to say that I needed to go back regularly. However, I'm really interested to see how they create the world of Harry Potter. If it turns out to be as awesome as they're planning, then it will be totally amazing. And it helps that a couple of my friends are HP nuts, so I will be going with them.

My 10 year old DS has been waiting 2 years for this park to open up. I promised him that the summer it opened we would be there. We have a Disney trip planned but after seeing some of the resorts at Universal (we've never been there before) we may want to take a few days to stay on site there. :wizard:

I haven't been to IOA since the year it opened and really had no desire to go back, until now. I will be going to HP for sure (but probably going to wait until the newness wears off).

I like Universal and don't want to bash it, I love the rides, but for me it's a "been there, done that" thing.

oh heck yeah! i cant wait til it opens. i have annual passes to all the parks and u can bet your bippy i will be first in line for that! :goodvibes

No...
Nothing against Harry POtter or the concept of the new part...
but I am a purest...

I Land at MCO, i take the ME to my resort and stay on property untill i take the ME back to MCO

:) just get lost in :smickey:'s Magic for my time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter