WDW Commando Club

Well, It is a small world after all.....:rotfl:
I would be afraid I'd get stuck with my sons BFF if that happened to us.

That would not bother me, it would make our group a even number, the only thing I'm worried about is being on time when we meet up, I'm not one to wait around, I give a small window after that we move on and then you would have to catch up to us, somewhere in the park:scared1:

Got some good and unusual news today, my wife told me that our friends down the street are going to WDW, and guess what they are arriving the same day we are:cool1:My son will be so surprised, their daughter is my son's best friend and they love to hang out together:wave2:

They are no strangers to my touring methods we have taken many day trips together, They are all WDW 1st timers, so this is kinda of a unusual pairing a Extreme Commando & 1st timers, but they know the drill:goodvibes, Plan is we will tour from RD till about 12 or 1, then they said they would rest till after dinner and meet back up for the evening till closing, on days that we are going to non Disney parks they will rest up and do some touring of their own

Not sure what to expect, I'm sure I can make it a positive rememberable experience and cover all that needs to be covered, plus I work cheap (for cocktails) OK maybe not that cheap:lmao:

That will be fun. Just how good of friends are your son and their daughter? My oldest just graduated 5th grade. There were some girls and boys who are boyfriend/ girlfriend crazy. Thankfully, mine is aware of boys but not as much as the others.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That will be fun. Just how good of friends are your son and their daughter? My oldest just graduated 5th grade. There were some girls and boys who are boyfriend/ girlfriend crazy. Thankfully, mine is aware of boys but not as much as the others.

They play almost everyday, I'm not too worried about the boyfriend/girlfriend thing since he will turn 8 on arrival day and she turns 6 in July, I think I have at least a couple more years before I need to worry about this:thumbsup2

They play almost everyday, I'm not too worried about the boyfriend/girlfriend thing since he will turn 8 on arrival day and she turns 6 in July, I think I have at least a couple more years before I need to worry about this:thumbsup2

I thought your DS was older. Yeah, I think you are ok on not worrying ..... for now.

Yes, but you don't have a DS10 that has had a crush on a girl since Kindergarten, that want's to go to the same high school with her in 3 years so that he can date her. Man is he going to be mad when he finds out that he won't be able to go to the same high school as her, as my kids are going to a school out of our catchment area:sad:. I've been told this morning that they would have to go to the high school within our catchment area when they "graduate" elementary. Fun stuff all around. It sounds like alot of fun, and your son should have a blast, showing his friend around WDW:cheer2::cheer2:.

I got some things lined up I want to do this trip, I will not post this on a August trip thread that I'm in, mainly because some things don't exist yet or they would not know what I'm talking about:confused3

- Try the Bonnie's Coming with Toy Story Characters

- Legend of Jack Sparrow

- New Test Track

- New set of Transportation Cards

- Pirates Treasures of the 7 seas game (currently being tested)

- Game at AK where you get badges like Russell from Up (expected to begin in summer)

- Chip & Dales campfire sing-a-long

- Ride Monster University Monorail

- Go to Sulley & Mike M&G with new background

- Monsters Inc Laugh Factory with new jokes pertaining to Monsters University

Now of course all the normal stuff is on my to do list, but some of the things I listed would be heavily questioned on the other thread, but I like to play outside the safety of the box where things are not as predictable:rolleyes1

That's kinda funny, yesterday I posted one of the things I want to do on the next trip is , The Pirate game Treasure's of the 7 seas and today my favorite WDW news/rumor site - It's A Disney World After All posts a first look of it:thumbsup2 Looks like this might pan out:banana:

That's kinda funny, yesterday I posted one of the things I want to do on the next trip is , The Pirate game Treasure's of the 7 seas and today my favorite WDW news/rumor site - It's A Disney World After All posts a first look of it:thumbsup2 Looks like this might pan out:banana:

I will have to go check that out as I am unfamiliar with that.

Digging into some of the non Disney things we are doing during our trip I came across a few new things:confused3

- Busch Gardens Tampa, they now have A Royal Treatment lunch with King Jilien, where you have a all you can eat lunch, then preferred seating to see Madagascar Live Operation Vacation, with 1st M&G's with the characters from Madagascar, at $25 per person it's not that bad of a deal, you get to eat, get good seats and save time waiting on the M&G :thumbsup2

- Seaworld, 2 new shows - A'Lure Call of The Ocean & Blue Horizons, also found it interesting that they now have reserved seating for One Ocean at 29.99 per person, this is something I frown upon especially in Disney's backyard, I always worry WDW may try it if it gets a lot of play:scared1:

I got some things lined up I want to do this trip, I will not post this on a August trip thread that I'm in, mainly because some things don't exist yet or they would not know what I'm talking about:confused3

- Try the Bonnie's Coming with Toy Story Characters

- Legend of Jack Sparrow

- New Test Track

- New set of Transportation Cards

- Pirates Treasures of the 7 seas game (currently being tested)

- Game at AK where you get badges like Russell from Up (expected to begin in summer)

- Chip & Dales campfire sing-a-long

- Ride Monster University Monorail

- Go to Sulley & Mike M&G with new background

- Monsters Inc Laugh Factory with new jokes pertaining to Monsters University

Now of course all the normal stuff is on my to do list, but some of the things I listed would be heavily questioned on the other thread, but I like to play outside the safety of the box where things are not as predictable:rolleyes1

Ditto! 180 days window opens for me June 4 :woohoo: already to go!

The name of the game coming to AK is Wilderness Explorers, the Headquarters is on the Discovery Island Bridge, it is expected to start sometime in June:cool1:

I've been following the rumors of this game and The Pirate game Treasures of the Seven Seas since the rumors 1st emerged months ago:magnify::listen:

They have been in my things to do plans for awhile , and I'm happy to say they look like they will pan out:thumbsup2, Since there has been no official announcement about them IMO I'm way ahead in mapping out the days then most that will be touring the same time:worship:

My list of things to do for our next trip keeps growing, one of our members Dave (dvczerfs) DD is currently working at the MK:cool1:, so when I see her I will text a pic so he knows his little girl is doing fine:thumbsup2:goodvibes

This is how my plans for the 1st day are looking, I don't think they are too unreasonable :confused3

- Arrive at resort around 10:30, unload car, shower, change grab lunch at the food court and be on a bus to Epcot, as soon as we get on the bus my mission to collect Transportation Cards starts:thumbsup2

- We should be in Epcot before 1pm, ans since it's my DS Birthday we are going to do all the things he wants to get done in the 3hr window we will be spending at Epcot are, Test Track, Mission Space, Store in Japan, Catch a Showcase Players show in Great Britain, grab some cold ones along the way (for me:lmao:) if time permits do the cruise in through the garden in the land & Spaceship Earth, but this will depend on how long of a wait we had on Test Track:scared:

- 4:15 is the latest to be waiting for the Monorail, we have a 5:05 ADR at Ohana's, of course will be trying to score Transportation Cards along the way:thumbsup2, after dinner at 7pm we will be meeting up with friends at Captain Cooks for Hunter's 8th Birthday party, Cold ones & Dole Whips all around :yay:

- Figuring between 8 - 8:30 we will be entering MK has EMH till 1am, things he wants to do are, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Parade, Fireworks, Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom, Monster Inc Laugh Factory, and whatever else we can get to:cool2:

Does this sound reasonable to you:confused3,

I haven't been able to get any transportation cards lately. :sad2:

I have had some dry spells, trying to get some as well, but you can't give up, since IMO the majority of transportation CM's don't bother with them, I have come across some really into it CM's that have ample cards, Going into the MK at the Boat Transportation booth is a great place to score boat cards if there are boat CM's hanging out in front of the booth, there are 4 cards you can only get at DTD or some of the resorts that use water taxis, one of the boat captains at MK told me to see ---- at DTD and when I found him he didn't have any on him but told me if I came back in a hour he would have them, I came back and he did indeed have them :thumbsup2

Digging into some of the non Disney things we are doing during our trip I came across a few new things:confused3

- Busch Gardens Tampa, they now have A Royal Treatment lunch with King Jilien, where you have a all you can eat lunch, then preferred seating to see Madagascar Live Operation Vacation, with 1st M&G's with the characters from Madagascar, at $25 per person it's not that bad of a deal, you get to eat, get good seats and save time waiting on the M&G :thumbsup2

- Seaworld, 2 new shows - A'Lure Call of The Ocean & Blue Horizons, also found it interesting that they now have reserved seating for One Ocean at 29.99 per person, this is something I frown upon especially in Disney's backyard, I always worry WDW may try it if it gets a lot of play:scared1:

I'm confused because I ahve never been to Seaworld, what might Disney try?

I'm confused because I ahve never been to Seaworld, what might Disney try?

Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Six Flags, Sesame Place, Kings Dominion and I'm sure there are many others, all have a from of FP system that gets you to the front of the line, BUT it's with a fee, now Seaworld is charging $29.99 for premium reserved seating for there big show,:scared1:, They are making money on this because people will actually pay the price:confused3

I just hope Disney does not follow the pattern and charge extra to get the FP privilege, but with all the work and testing they have been doing with FP, and testing them on things other then rides, it makes me wonder if something is in the works:rolleyes1

54 more days:cool1: I guess I should pre order Photopass plus soon, Do they still give a discount if you order it in advance, 50 bucks is 50 bucks:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter