WDW Commando Club

I think I go with an it depends on this one.

We've done MK the most of all the parks, so it depends on what we want to do. Also, it depends on whether or not we are doing MK twice or with a MNSSHP in the same week. Going clockwise gets Tomorrowland, with Space Mountain and Astro Orbiter as my must dos. They also can have really long stand by lines. But, to counter my own argument, Astro Orbiter is way more cool at night. Counterclockwise gets you the Jungle Cruise, POTC, and keep on walking to Splash Mountain and BTMRR. Two big rides early in AM with later long lines, but I don't want to get wet from Splash Mountain that early in AM. This strategy was great when one could hoard FPs. If you have a breakfast ADR at CRT, then one might start in Fantasyland. We have done that several times as well, and this will be our first trip to MK with the new expansion, so a new strategy may arise. It is good to have these type of problems to figure out.

With Epcot, it depends on what side of the park you enter, but we usually do Soarin first.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The ole clockwise, counterclock theory also depends on where your starting point is, if you are at the hub that would be 6 o'clock so clockwise would bring you to the Frontier Land side, if you are in Fantasy Land 12 o'clock, then Tomorrow land would be next, once again it would all depend on starting point:confused3

You could also go with the left, right or straight theory, but it's pretty much the same thing

I agree with Norm that Splash Mountain is not such a great morning ride:rolleyes1

The ole clockwise, counterclock theory also depends on where your starting point is, if you are at the hub that would be 6 o'clock so clockwise would bring you to the Frontier Land side, if you are in Fantasy Land 12 o'clock, then Tomorrow land would be next, once again it would all depend on starting point:confused3

You could also go with the left, right or straight theory, but it's pretty much the same thing

I agree with Norm that Splash Mountain is not such a great morning ride:rolleyes1

Yeah, I got my clockwise and counterclockwise confused. Don't confuse me - left or right is easier.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm kinda excited about the new root beer slush at Pecos Bill's that you can get in a souvenir boot promoting The Lone Ranger, I'm always looking for something refreshing on a hot summer day:thumbsup2

This year I think we will hit CoP, my son has never been on it (and he likes Spaceship Earth) so we will see:confused3, but for some reason that song "This is the time" from CoP has been stuck in my head:crazy2:

This year I think we will hit CoP, my son has never been on it (and he likes Spaceship Earth) so we will see:confused3, but for some reason that song "This is the time" from CoP has been stuck in my head:crazy2:

CoP is a fun attraction, but not one of my must dos. Last year, I wondered why we hadn't been on it in so many years. After we walked in, I remembered - it's the smell. Still, they didn't remember it, so it was fun having them do a "new" ride.

CoP is a fun attraction, but not one of my must dos. Last year, I wondered why we hadn't been on it in so many years. After we walked in, I remembered - it's the smell. Still, they didn't remember it, so it was fun having them do a "new" ride.

I almost forgot about that musky smell :crazy2:, my son has never been on it, my main reason that we skip it is because everything they talk about is pretty much outdated, Most of us have experienced a lot of the things in CoP, but I wonder if a 8yr old would find it interesting since almost everything is far more advanced now:confused3, Guess I'll find out:goodvibes

I almost forgot about that musky smell :crazy2:, my son has never been on it, my main reason that we skip it is because everything they talk about is pretty much outdated, Most of us have experienced a lot of the things in CoP, but I wonder if a 8yr old would find it interesting since almost everything is far more advanced now:confused3, Guess I'll find out:goodvibes

Mine were 10 & 8 and they enjoyed it. Now, it wasn't their highlight of the trip, but they did talk about it briefly after we exited it before the next one. I always enjoy the futuristic stuff. I'm hoping for no terminator or matrix futures, but fliying cars should be here in 2 more years (Back to the future).

We went the other day to see Monster University, during the previews I got excited seeing Planes is being released while we will be at WDW:thumbsup2, Why my excitement:confused3, since it seems in the past WDW usually does something special for a movie about to be released, I might have some kind of a chance of being a part of it. my luck they will do something the week before:furious:, but you never know:confused3

Hey Commandos, busy with this semester at school and planning for next semester. How is everyone? Hope all is well. I need to go back and read later on to catch up. Still planning this November trip, unfortunately I am unable to start my TR from May though, hopefully I can do it next month. Any new Disney news?

Hey Commandos, busy with this semester at school and planning for next semester. How is everyone? Hope all is well. I need to go back and read later on to catch up. Still planning this November trip, unfortunately I am unable to start my TR from May though, hopefully I can do it next month. Any new Disney news?

Hope your doing well in school:thumbsup2, Nothing major lately in Disney news a few rumors, and small things, I have 38 more days hope some good Limited Time Only things are in the works:confused3

So far so good, last semester was 1 A, 2 B+ AND 1 B. So far this semester is just as good if not better. I'm so excited for you commander, you guys are going to have a blast.

So far so good, last semester was 1 A, 2 B+ AND 1 B. So far this semester is just as good if not better. I'm so excited for you commander, you guys are going to have a blast.

Good for you:goodvibes, Those are Great grades:thumbsup2, Mom must be proud:worship: Keep up the Great work:woohoo:

Well I got to sit down with my friend down the street who is arriving at WDW the same day we are and this is our plan,

We should be arriving at All Star Movies around 10:30, we will be taking our car to Epcot, since we will have some of our friend's luggage plus all their DD's princess dresses, they should be arriving somewhere between 2-3pm, when we get the text that they checked in, then drive to Pop and drop the stuff off:woohoo:

Then drive them back to our resort, drop off car, grab some cocktails, and jump on a bus to one of the parks, then catch a bus to The Poly, We have a 5pm ADR for Ohanas, they want to tour the monorail resorts until it is time to meet at 7pm at Captain Cooks for my son's B-Day party, after the party I'll get them onto a bus to DTD (they want to go there, and don't want to use up a day only for the night), and we will head to MK till 1am (EMH):yay:

I'm glad to see Bob Iger will be staying with Disney till at least June 30, 2016, He is a Great leader for Disney, has done some great things and hopefully still has some Awesome ideas that will come to play:thumbsup2

Just a quick update. I've been given a clean bill of health by my doc, with one exception. I've had a diagnosis that I've permanently damaged my Trapezius muscles in my shoulders in the crash. I'm going to have mild chronic pain permanently from this. It's not going to get any better or worse, so it is what it is. Told to take Advil or muscle relaxants if the pain get's bad. But I'm stubborn and am trying to avoid taking meds, unless it get's really sore. The insurance co is having fits over my diagnosis, so the war is on regarding the personal injury claim with them. I've been told I can go on rides, but to be very careful about it, and take muscle relaxants before I go on them. Lot's of fun all around. Am looking forward to my Nov trip!

Just a quick update. I've been given a clean bill of health by my doc, with one exception. I've had a diagnosis that I've permanently damaged my Trapezius muscles in my shoulders in the crash. I'm going to have mild chronic pain permanently from this. It's not going to get any better or worse, so it is what it is. Told to take Advil or muscle relaxants if the pain get's bad. But I'm stubborn and am trying to avoid taking meds, unless it get's really sore. The insurance co is having fits over my diagnosis, so the war is on regarding the personal injury claim with them. I've been told I can go on rides, but to be very careful about it, and take muscle relaxants before I go on them. Lot's of fun all around. Am looking forward to my Nov trip!

Well now your trip is looking a lot better then it was a couple months ago:thumbsup2

I'm having lot's of fun with the insurance agency, and should have an offer from them by the end of the month, then the games really begin. I hope to get the settlement resolved over the next couple of months, as I intend to settle early, as I've heard from friends of ours that have gotten into long drawn out battles with them, and have been told that they wish they had settled early. At least I know where the source of the pain is coming from, so that I can deal with it. I refuse to let the pain control my life, and intend to live life to the fullest, working around my shoulder injuries. We'll see how the insurance games play out over the next couple of months. Either way I'm really looking forward to my DL trip in Nov!:flower3:

Picked up my Mickey mail from AAA today, inside I found a nice surprise:confused3, I knew we were not getting Storytime or the Preferred fireworks viewing since we did not get the full package (DP), but I think we got something even better, inside the packet are 2 vouchers for a 1 day admission for DisneyQuest & 2 vouchers for a round of Mini golf at either Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland:dance3:

We have never been to any of these so instead of going to Gatorland we will be using these vouchers:thumbsup2

I'm having lot's of fun with the insurance agency, and should have an offer from them by the end of the month, then the games really begin. I hope to get the settlement resolved over the next couple of months, as I intend to settle early, as I've heard from friends of ours that have gotten into long drawn out battles with them, and have been told that they wish they had settled early. At least I know where the source of the pain is coming from, so that I can deal with it. I refuse to let the pain control my life, and intend to live life to the fullest, working around my shoulder injuries. We'll see how the insurance games play out over the next couple of months. Either way I'm really looking forward to my DL trip in Nov!:flower3:

Glad you know the locatin of the injury and good luck with the settlement.

Picked up my Mickey mail from AAA today, inside I found a nice surprise:confused3, I knew we were not getting Storytime or the Preferred fireworks viewing since we did not get the full package (DP), but I think we got something even better, inside the packet are 2 vouchers for a 1 day admission for DisneyQuest & 2 vouchers for a round of Mini golf at either Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland:dance3:

We have never been to any of these so instead of going to Gatorland we will be using these vouchers:thumbsup2

Congrats. We really enjoyed the Fantasia gardens mini golf. We played the fun side and really enjoyed it. Both dd got a keepsake golf ball, which added to the memories. We stayed at BWV, which made it even better to walk over from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter