WDW Commando Club

How do you do trip reports (the links and whatnot)? I would like to (once I actually have reservation, :lmao: ) but I don't know how to link the links to the main page :confused3 I love reading dining reports and trip reports. They can be lively and very informative (especially ones with pictures). That's what I do in my spare time.

This is a question I think that one of our more tech savvy members can answer, I don't know how to link links or even post pics, everyone says it's easy, but then again I think touring extreme commando style is easy:rotfl:

If you are going to get no expiration, getting the max of days you can on the pass would be the best value, since it's the 1st day that is the expensive one it gets really cheap as you add more days:confused3

As far as being obsessed maybe:confused3, but that's not a bad thing, you know what you want, you just need to find the key that opens that door to get it:thumbsup2

Your right, I probably would not have enough cash (nor need) to get AP passes for the kids on the Nov trip. But I could get a bunch of no expiration (which I would use on future trips) to get the package in April. I would get tickets from UT to use on that actual trip i April and save the NE ones (to get better value as prices increase in the future). I could budget for that by then. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Great tip, thanks!!!

I love that, thank you. That is a wonderful way to look at it!!! Allow God to sprinkle some Disney Magic pixiedust: and I am all set :cool1:

This is a question I think that one of our more tech savvy members can answer, I don't know how to link links or even post pics, everyone says it's easy, but then again I think touring extreme commando style is easy:rotfl:

I agree with you there:thumbsup2 I'm a product of the technological age but a good touring plan is still a WHOLE lot easier. I mean, even after all the new tech stuff, while it helps i some areas, my experience and that of others is still the best out there to get the full Disney experience. Touring plans can help you see every ride, but what about the Magic? The reason you pay out he wazoo for Disney and plan like mad (commando or not) as opposed to other theme parks with "better" thrill rides and whatnot, it's for the experience not to say you rode Dumbo 20 times more than the rest of the world, IMHO. (the previous written comments were in no way coerced or forced by Disney or any of it's affiliates, :lmao::rotfl2::lmao: )

:wave2:
So how's everyone doing??
Not sure if Commander on tour now, or just work & "Sandy" keeping him offline. And since I haven't received any subscription to this thread in days, I thought I'd check in/bump the post etc.

So let's each of us give our 1 (yes only one) top commando tip!

Mine is (besides signing up to the DIS board): Choice the right season (for your family) to go to Disney, based on weather, crowds levels :crowded:and promo specials.

Weather should be determined by where you live (I live in Toronto Canada, we get humid summers but it nothing like WDW gets even in the spring & fall so for us going when it's too hot/humid is a killer) :beach:

:wave2:
So how's everyone doing??
Not sure if Commander on tour now, or just work & "Sandy" keeping him offline. So let's each of us give our 1 (yes only one) top commando tip!

I think it's Sandy - he was without power. But, I like the idea of the commando tip.

Mine is that WDW is big - 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, DTD, golf, lots of great restaurants, and even more. You will not get it all done in one trip - enjoy some relaxing time at the pool.

I think it's Sandy - he was without power. But, I like the idea of the commando tip.

I thought that might be the case....hope he & everyone effected by Sandy are ok and back online soon.

1 more post.....hit reply!

How is it that I'm following this thread but I never asked to get added to the list?? :confused3

Please add me!! :thumbsup2

Price will vary, depending on how early you book, if you have AAA they over a discount, and if you get coach or sleeper.

You pick it up in Lorton VA (about 10miles outside DC) it leaves at 3:30pm and arrives in Sanford FL around 8-8:30 (39 miles from WDW)

It might take a couple hours longer then if you drove straight through, but you can relax an sleep on the train and be fresh in the A.M. for WDW, where if you drove you would be wiped out::yes::

Price wise we try to book early, for the 3 of us with a AAA discount and a oversized vehicle, in August it was $849 round trip, for Nov we booked later it was $1039 round trip, but unlike flying you have your car with you and you can pack as much as you want:thumbsup2

I haven't been on much lately and I missed this!! WOW what a savings from flying, and even driving with gas, tolls and a hotel for the night!! Thanks for the info!! :goodvibes

Ok....I'll welcome you but will have to wait for Disney Commando to assign you a number (looks like you be #218 :confused3 maybe)
:welcome:

Did you have problems during Sandy?

Thanks. Wasn't even paying attention.

Congrats!!!pixiedust: Isn't it fun to have commando family to help you look out for momentous occasions such as DIS posts? :rotfl:

Commando Tip: :hourglass Save up for a week (at least) long trip rather than small in between trips if and when possible. This is mostly for economical reasons. The cost of one large trip will save you more than many small trips, whether cost is an issue or not (1 round trip flight vs 2+ round trips; multi-day tickets are less the more days purchased; one time deposits, fees ect. . .). I also find that longer trips naturally allow a better layout to take in Disney with an adequate amount of rest. No matter how long you stay at Disney, you cannot see ad do everything, add that to the fact that it changes all the time, but longer trips allow more time for absolute favs and repeats of limited time offerings. pixiedust:

Ok....I'll welcome you but will have to wait for Disney Commando to assign you a number (looks like you be #218 :confused3 maybe)
:welcome:

Did you have problems during Sandy?

Thanks for the welcome!! And no, we were blessed to not have even lost our power!! We live between Altantic City and Philadelphia just off the AC Expressway!! I guess being closer to the center of the storm wasn't so bad!!

Bless those who have lost so much, may you all recover soon!! :goodvibes

I'm hoping that our fearless leader didn't get caught in SuperSandy's grasp:sad2:. Otherwise recovering from PHH (Post Halloween Hangover). D@mn greyhound (Muttley) kept us all up last night barking at the fireworks and fire crackers that were going off non stop all night around our place. Kids are in sugar overload as they got so much candy. So much for the fireworks ban here...SIGH!!:sad::sad:

I'm hoping that our fearless leader didn't get caught in SuperSandy's grasp:sad2:. Otherwise recovering from PHH (Post Halloween Hangover). D@mn greyhound (Muttley) kept us all up last night barking at the fireworks and fire crackers that were going off non stop all night around our place. Kids are in sugar overload as they got so much candy. So much for the fireworks ban here...SIGH!!:sad::sad:

He did lose power... Not sure what the latest update is.

He did lose power... Not sure what the latest update is.

Got a text from Ron last night,

Bad News, yesterday was day 4 without power.

Good News, They leave for Disney tomorrow morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter