WDW Commando Club

No. I got the boat transportation cards at disneyworld...hahahaha...I was trying to see what I could get this trip and they were all I could manage. I was just updating like I said I would, but apparently my rambling ran together in a confusing manner. Ooooooppppsssss sorry. It was even confusing to me when I went back to read it. Yep, I'm a dork!

For me that's Good news, since that means they got more boat cards in, the majority of the cards I need to complete the 2nd set is boat cards:thumbsup2

If anyone wants to follow along during the trip, send me a PM with your cell # and I'll add you to Live Action:goodvibes, with pics and texts, (I can't do out of the country #'s since the roaming fees will be killer:()

A lot of rumors over at It's A Disney World After All, mostly meet & greets that may be moved, but 1 has my head spinning since I didn't know Disney owned them, The Lone Ranger & Tonto may have a meet & greet at MK:confused3

This was something I would have never thought would happen, but I think I'm wrong, but not till June or July, I just read that they finished filming The Lone Ranger and it should be out by July, guess who the Lone Ranger is:confused3

I will have to say that I'm really impressed with quality of rumors they have on that site, even if it sounds crazy, there track record so far is pretty good:thumbsup2

This was something I would have never thought would happen, but I think I'm wrong, but not till June or July, I just read that they finished filming The Lone Ranger and it should be out by July, guess who the Lone Ranger is:confused3

I will have to say that I'm really impressed with quality of rumors they have on that site, even if it sounds crazy, there track record so far is pretty good:thumbsup2

The question is really guess who TONTO is? :flower3::flower3: "Johnny Depp"!!!!
Trailer

121003TheLoneRangerTrailer_6740161.jpg

So the Lone Ranger is: Armie Hammer a fairly new young actor

Ditto on the Birthday wishes to your wife Commando pixiedust:

I have another question for you all. . . If I were to go on a trip with 2 adults Nov of 2013, and get Annual Passes; then I go back in April with the same 2 adults plus 2 children (age 10) who do not have passes, can I get a Disney package? By Disney package I mean room+tickets+dining plan. Basically everyone would be in the same room and on the same dining plan, but only the kids would need tickets, is this at all possible? :confused3 Just wondering.

I have another question for you all. . . If I were to go on a trip with 2 adults Nov of 2013, and get Annual Passes; then I go back in April with the same 2 adults plus 2 children (age 10) who do not have passes, can I get a Disney package? By Disney package I mean room+tickets+dining plan. Basically everyone would be in the same room and on the same dining plan, but only the kids would need tickets, is this at all possible? :confused3 Just wondering.

Not positive but I think everyone in the room has to have the same thing in order to get a package:confused3

What you can do is book the package (let's just say it's 7 nights) for 2A & 2C, get dining plan (which will be for 7 nights) but only purchase 1 day passes for everyone. And then purchase separate tickets for the remaining days for the kids. You'll have to do the math to see if that'll work in your favour or not. So you would lose/not use the adult days and have to add the extra tickets for the kids.
You might be further ahead to buy annual pass, use discounted room rate for pass holders & buy tickets for the kids. In other words break the package. On the budget board forum & Disney hotels forum you can find some of the discussion and calculators to figure out what will work for you.
You can also check out Mousesavers.com they also do a work up on it.

Happy Birthday Mrs. Commando

i've come up what parks when plan, and it is in a extreme Commando manner, so it will definitely not appeal to everyone even commandos, but I like it since it will keep us on our toes:hyper::thumbsup2

Sun - To be determined since not sure what time we will get there
-4:55 Bongos
- MK 8pm AAA wishes viewing
- back to DTD

Mon
- Epcot 8am EMH, 10:45 AAA storytime
after story time leaving to AK
- 5:10 Ohanas
- HS EMH till 11

Tues
- HS 9am
- Boat to Epcot for 1:20 lunch at LeCelliar stay at Epcot till 5
- Head to MK for 1am closing

Wed
- 9am Seaworld
- Leave at 2 head to resort drop off car Epcot for 4pm ADR at Teppen Edo
- Remainder of night at Epcot EMH till 12, Dennis DeYoung concert

Thurs
- 8am MK
- 12noon Haircut
- After haircut head to AK
- 4:55 ADR Boma
- after dinner back to MK for 1am closing

Fri
- AK
- leave AK at noon for DTD 1:30 ADR at T rex
- DTD Festival of the Masters till 4:30
- MK MVMCP till 12am

Sat
- 7:35 Adr at Ohana's for breakfast with Randall
- Till noon park To be determined :confused3

Now for most on the boards this plan will sound insane:eek: But as Commandos you may not agree with it but you can understand it:thumbsup2, for me it gives us excitement, challenge & variety, you never know what you will encounter, it's like baking a cake and eating it too:thumbsup2

I love it!:thumbsup2

But the rest of my troop would pull a mutiny on me.:rolleyes:

The last time DD was at WDW in 2010, we were really there to do Universal for the opening of WWofHP, we took her friend with us (so it's me, my DD 16, & BFF 16 only), and stayed at Bonnet Creek on WDW grounds. I overheard DD recite the "rules" to BFF on the plane:
1) Just keep up with my mom.
2) State when you need a restroom, or you'll have to wait until we stop to eat.
3) Don't say "I think we go this way" when my mom says we are going this way!
4) "Those that fall behind, get left behind"
5) Diversion from the plan (eg. stopping in a shop), must not conflict with ADR, fast-passes, parade times or show times.

I thought it was funny to hear her say these things, because I've never stated or listed them as "rules" I just did them:cool2:
But she is now 18, and always brags about how I was able to get them on EVERY ride, show, & character photo and see the entire MK during MVMCP in 6 hours (in the dark) without maps.
I thinks that's the true reward of a commando: Although, they think we're killing them at the time, they realize (years later) that most people don't ever get to experience WDW completely, especially those secret/unknown/magical backstage things we share here on the DIS.
(like riding in the front of the monorail etc.)

Are you doing a live trip report too?

What you can do is book the package (let's just say it's 7 nights) for 2A & 2C, get dining plan (which will be for 7 nights) but only purchase 1 day passes for everyone. And then purchase separate tickets for the remaining days for the kids. You'll have to do the math to see if that'll work in your favour or not. So you would lose/not use the adult days and have to add the extra tickets for the kids.
You might be further ahead to buy annual pass, use discounted room rate for pass holders & buy tickets for the kids. In other words break the package. On the budget board forum & Disney hotels forum you can find some of the discussion and calculators to figure out what will work for you.
You can also check out Mousesavers.com they also do a work up on it.

Happy Birthday Mrs. Commando

You know, I will probably do the one where I get one day tickets (maybe 2 days and add the no expiration). That's a great suggestion, thx I would normally break the package but we would be doing a split stay (6 nights/ 7 days @AoA- Nemo and 4 nights/ 5days @ AKL CL, during non-peak April dates) and the package they normally offer is better than free dining and other discounts (usually). I then would get a room discount off of the AKL CL stay.

So a bit of an update. I am still working on obtaining employment AND I have planned/ planning 2 count em 2 :thumbsup2 trips to WDW. One with hunny and I in Nov of next year and April of 2014 for us and the kids. This is the fun part for me, the planning. I am looking forward to starting a job soon, for obvious reasons as well as, I will know exactly how my monthly budget will be to plan these trips. Now my question is, does that qualify me as obsessed? :confused3 :lmao: All I know is, you have to stay positive in all that you do :goodvibes

The last time DD was at WDW in 2010, we were really there to do Universal for the opening of WWofHP, we took her friend with us (so it's me, my DD 16, & BFF 16 only), and stayed at Bonnet Creek on WDW grounds. I overheard DD recite the "rules" to BFF on the plane:
5) Diversion from the plan (eg. stopping in a shop), must not conflict with ADR, fast-passes, parade times or show times.

I thought it was funny to hear her say these things, because I've never stated or listed them as "rules" I just did them:cool2:
But she is now 18, and always brags about how I was able to get them on EVERY ride, show, & character photo and see the entire MK during MVMCP in 6 hours (in the dark) without maps.
I thinks that's the true reward of a commando: Although, they think we're killing them at the time, they realize (years later) that most people don't ever get to experience WDW completely, especially those secret/unknown/magical backstage things we share here on the DIS.

One year we did the riding in front of the monorail several times and got our Monorail copilot cards, this is something I'm really glad we did since it is no longer allowed and may not ever be again:eek: You can't take away the memories:thumbsup2

As far as doing a live trip report, sort of:confused3, I'm more of a out in the field guy then a tech guy, so texting messages and pics is about as live as it gets:badpc:

How do you do trip reports (the links and whatnot)? I would like to (once I actually have reservation, :lmao: ) but I don't know how to link the links to the main page :confused3 I love reading dining reports and trip reports. They can be lively and very informative (especially ones with pictures). That's what I do in my spare time.

You know, I will probably do the one where I get one day tickets (maybe 2 days and add the no expiration). That's a great suggestion, thx I would normally break the package but we would be doing a split stay (6 nights/ 7 days @AoA- Nemo and 4 nights/ 5days @ AKL CL, during non-peak April dates) and the package they normally offer is better than free dining and other discounts (usually). I then would get a room discount off of the AKL CL stay.

So a bit of an update. I am still working on obtaining employment AND I have planned/ planning 2 count em 2 :thumbsup2 trips to WDW. One with hunny and I in Nov of next year and April of 2014 for us and the kids. This is the fun part for me, the planning. I am looking forward to starting a job soon, for obvious reasons as well as, I will know exactly how my monthly budget will be to plan these trips. Now my question is, does that qualify me as obsessed? :confused3 :lmao: All I know is, you have to stay positive in all that you do :goodvibes

If you are going to get no expiration, getting the max of days you can on the pass would be the best value, since it's the 1st day that is the expensive one it gets really cheap as you add more days:confused3

As far as being obsessed maybe:confused3, but that's not a bad thing, you know what you want, you just need to find the key that opens that door to get it:thumbsup2

When she has kids and you all go to WDW you might have some competition there:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter