WDW after gastric sleeve surgery

rrtbear

Earning My Ears
i had the gastric sleeve surgery almost a year ago. I've been to WDW in the past and I know I won't be eating like I did. Right now I'm at a point where I have to get in 1400 calories a day with minimal exercise because my weight loss is starting to get to a point where I should not lose any more. I already eat every 2 hours to get those calories in. I'm worried I'm going to be expending a lot more calories then I'm taking in. Any advice on what to make sure I bring in the park with me? Also, what about fluids, I'm worried about getting dehydrated. I drink mainly water right now, about 100oz per day. I know I'm going to have so much more fun this time weighing 120lbs less, just want to make sure I stay healthy. Thank you.

I have moved this to the Disney World Tips Board. I know we have had lots of posts in the past all over the boards by those that have had this surgery. You might want to do a search and see if there is any information already posted that will help you.

Congratulations on the weight loss and have a great trip!

You can get ice water for free at any counter service location. I would also suggest a Brita water bottle that you can keep refilling throughout the day. Other than that I would pack easy snacks in portion sized bags to keep you going between meals.

If you are concerned with getting in enough calories then you might want to look at the various snacks available at the parks and try and pick the highest calorie packed snacks (usually ice cream based is packed with calories). you can also look for recipes for calorie packed granola bars that you can make ahead and pack to take to the parks with you - just google high calorie protein bars. Or you can look at walmart for protein bars that will be easy to tote around for in between snack. You will probably be able to find ones that contain over 250 calories each - so even just 3 of those a day plus small meals and other snacks will meet your 1400 cal/day. I don't think that a week of parks will contribute to too much weight loss. You will have some down time and won't be constantly running around.

I'd personally bring some RTD protein shakes (Premier chocolate ones at Costco are good) - they don't need to be refrigerated (they're not as good when they're not cold, but they won't hurt you) and contain 30g of protein without all the carbs. It will also help your liquid intake.

You could bring some nuts for snacking as well.

I use a water logging app to make sure I'm on top of fluids for the day. There are several good free ones.

Congrats on your loss!

I don't have anything helpful to add other than congratulations on your weight loss!!! That is truly awesome!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter