• on Disney Wonder

• on Disney Dream

• on Disney Fantasy

• 3 or 4 night

• 7+ night

• East Coast departure

• West Coast departure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wow... I was just proven wrong... Someone DID use Geometry in their life!!! How about Algebra? :rolleyes1

I'm not allowed to post these on FB... (my sister says...)

ImageProxy.mvc

Trying to beat the heat... it's in the mid 90's again.

I've got mom to promise she'll stay in and we've decided against going to the fair this week. just to hot... :furious:

Pig racing will have to wait for another year... :sad:

Crazy hot and humid here, too. I am ready for fall and winter. Really do not like the heat at all. I would take a blizzard over this any day.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Donna

Hi Jan!

Hope you had a great time on the cruise!

Thanks, Monica, yes, we did. I wrote a summary of our Venice Cruise for a person who came to that cruise's Thread for info so here you all go. I know--TMI :rolleyes1

We did DCL tours in all ports except Malta. We liked the reassurance of the ship waiting if the bus broke down. We looked at the excursion list and our bucket list of places we wanted to see and made choices. We knew we could never see everything so that made it easier to accept what we did see. Like a smorgasbord--we cannot eat everything.

VILLE FRANCHE - bus tour with WALKING to Nice and Monaco (saw Prince Albert II, Princess Charlene and Princess Carolyn) - we added two countries to our list!

LA SPEZIA - bus tour with WALKING to Florence and Pisa - saw the Leaning Tower and an AMAZING CATHEDRAL we did not even realize was right beside it. Liked the cathedral better than the tower.

ROME - bus ride and then WALKING to St. Peter's Square, WALKING around the local area, saw and heard the Pope's Sunday noon blessing, saw Vatican Museum and SISTINE CHAPEL (bucket list item).

NAPLES - BUS TOUR OF AMALFI COAST and then to POMPEII - guide was a hoot! :lmao: views were tremendous! most comfortable bus of the whole vacation as there WAS ENOUGH LEG ROOM! :thumbsup2

VENICE DAY 1 - Secret Venice WALK - guide challenged us to count the steps. I wrote down numbers as we went along and added them up later. Those bridges--you know the cute ones that arch over the canals?--they have STAIRS -- we went up and down 633 stairs on that walk but saw a lot!

VENICE DAY 2 - boat tour to Murano for glass blowing, San Georgio to see a cathedral, to a gondola ride (much more wobbly than I expected, they put 6 of us in the gondola (we did not know the other people), seats were uncomfortable and the gondolier only spoke to tell Tom and the other gentleman not to move around when they tried to take pictures. We took the local vaporetto back toward the ship so we could get pictures along the grand canal. (More bucket list items checked off here)

DUBROVNIK - bus to Old City, WALKING tour, folk dancing program and lightly air conditioned room so we did cool down but it was not a shock to go back outside, free time, traded Euro coins for a Kuna coin (bucket list as I collect coins), bus back to the ship.

MALTA - no DCL tour - WALKED to BARRAKKA LIFT (which the ships' staff and paperwork SHOULD have told us about as it is hard to find and only one Euro to go up), We did not know where we were going so suggest people sight it from Deck 10 before leaving the ship so they know which way to walk.
http://www.visitmalta.com/en/upperbarrakkalift
(history -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwVDzNnXm8g#at=53 )

We walked around the city, stood in St John's Co-Cathedral for part of Mass, walked to Malta Experience - another lightly air conditioned room so we did cool down but it was not a big shock to go back outside. Good movie for a fast history of the Island and the Knights.
http://www.themaltaexperience.com/

Then we walked to meet friends for our Casa Rocca Piccola tour. Looks like the second Venice cruise will be in Malta on a Monday so they can book Casa Rocca Piccola as a DCL excursion. We were there on a Sunday so one AMAZING DISer CALLED them and arranged a private tour. It is RIGHT DOWNTOWN but looks so plain on the outside you could walk by it if you did not have a map or the address. Fascinating place.
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr01/2013/7/9/13/enhanced-buzz-32384-1373389716-20.jpg

We wanted to get lunch at a café but were disconcerted by the pigeons and flies so we walked back to the Barrakka Gardens, took the lift down -- free -- and WALKED back to the ship. We got lunch we had already paid for on the MAGIC.

I'm not allowed to post these on FB... (my sister says...)

ImageProxy.mvc

Quoting to see if the picture shows as it does not in your original post. Nope. Now I am wondering what you are not permitted to put on FB that will also not post here :confused:

HI TO ALL!! :wave:
Jan

Funny... the pic shows up for me... I'll have to go look and see what setting I have it on...

I made my sister talk to me last week... she hasn't talked to me since Oct. when she sent me the nasty email, etc...

I was in the kitchen when the phone rang and instead of handing it to my mom to answer, I just picked it up and started talking like nothing had happened... :thumbsup2 I think I caught her off guard a bit... but hey... :confused3 worked for me!!

Funny... the pic shows up for me... I'll have to go look and see what setting I have it on...

I made my sister talk to me last week... she hasn't talked to me since Oct. when she sent me the nasty email, etc...

I was in the kitchen when the phone rang and instead of handing it to my mom to answer, I just picked it up and started talking like nothing had happened... :thumbsup2 I think I caught her off guard a bit... but hey... :confused3 worked for me!!

I am glad she talked to you. :hug: Life is so short, I hate to have it wasted it on anger.

:sad2: Still not seeing a picture. What should it be? :confused3

We got a buyer for our condo :thumbsup2

and

our older son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter are moving to a rental house north of Orlando in August for our daughter-in-law's new job. Their next baby is due about New Years and she will have an 18 minute commute :drive: from the Atria Senior Housing Community where she will be Marketing Director instead of the 60-90 minute commute she has now from the Atria community in Newark where she is Marketing Director. :goodvibes Much better for a new Mama! Our son will continue as the at-home parent. :cutie::cutie:

Now we shall see where God wants us to live. Tom wants Celebration but the kids would be happy to have us closer so we will leave it up to God and Tom to work it out.

:cool1:

But no matter what, when we retire in 2 years, THE GIRL and her BABY SIBLING will be closer than they are now!

Jan

Jan- the med cruise sounds like it was amazing!

I hope everyone else is doing well. It has finally cooled down for a couple of days on Long Island. I wore PANTS yesterday. I think the humidity is supposed to be back by tonight though.

Things here are ok- busy and stressful though, and I really NEED our trip to WDW in three weeks. I need to start packing because I'm really hoping the next couple of weeks will fly by.

It's a picture of the kids... I went back to photobucket to upload... Hopefully this will work...

Glad the pic finally came through... no idea why it wouldn't work before...

I'm trying to not make such a big deal out of it... but I think Evelyn looks like me!!! ;)

:happytv:
Glad the pic finally came through... no idea why it wouldn't work before...

I'm trying to not make such a big deal out of it... but I think Evelyn looks like me!!! ;)

:goodvibes

No one will mind if you tell us here and wait for the family to notice! ::yes::

So Jan... are you moving BEFORE you move to FL?

It will be nice to have the family near when you do move.

So Jan... are you moving BEFORE you move to FL?

It will be nice to have the family near when you do move.

That took me a while to figure out.
I guess the answer is yes. We have most of our stuff in storage so that the condo looked spacious for showings. We will move what is left to a neighbor's unit and rent from her. She owns two units.

So I guess that means we are moving ::yes::
but only upstairs :lmao:

How are you?
Sure is slow here--must mean the weather is good for all our friends.
Do you know how Deb is doing?

:hug:

Jan

Good luck on the move!

How come you can't move to florida sooner? Work?

Chatted with Deb yesterday... they are a little under the weather but expect to check in this weekend.

Good luck on the move!

How come you can't move to florida sooner? Work?

Chatted with Deb yesterday... they are a little under the weather but expect to check in this weekend.

Glad to hear Deb will be back.

Sorry--I forget where I have told which parts of the story--Tom wants to work 2 more years. It will enable him to finish some professional projects and see some commitments through to their completion. He will be 66 1/2 -- not a bad retirement age. The plan to put the condo on the market now was so we would know what we could afford.

Jan

so....even though I don't think I'm ready for this, I filled out a profile on eharmony.com. I'm not doing anything that costs (not possible at this time), but they seem to match you up w/ people for free. Haven't tried to contact anyone yet, so not sure if I can do that w/o paying. They matched me with several guys, but no one has reached out to me yet (it hasn't even been 1 week). I've been able to read their profiles, but not see pictures (that costs $). Most guys seem to have kids, which I don't know if I want to deal with (not that I don't like kids).

been laying low lately - not feeling like dealing with most people/things. making myself leave the house at least a few days a week, so no risk of becoming a hermit (yet).

so....even though I don't think I'm ready for this, I filled out a profile on eharmony.com. I'm not doing anything that costs (not possible at this time), but they seem to match you up w/ people for free. Haven't tried to contact anyone yet, so not sure if I can do that w/o paying. They matched me with several guys, but no one has reached out to me yet (it hasn't even been 1 week). I've been able to read their profiles, but not see pictures (that costs $). Most guys seem to have kids, which I don't know if I want to deal with (not that I don't like kids).

nice idea and all, but don't you think you should take care of yourself first before getting involved with someone else? You're more vulnerable and may get stuck with someone else's issues when you should take care of you first...
:hug::hug::hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter