WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

I still have a couple people who have not replied to which date they want for the Mixology class. The first is 2pm on the 15th, the second is 16th at 2pm. For those of you that want to do BOTH classes, we do have plenty of room on the 16th. Please get back to be ASAP if you have NOT picked a date. I would like to send the list in on Monday.

Greetings all,

First time posting on DISBoards.

We will be cruising on the Westbound Panama Canal Cruise, leaving May 6th. It will be our 5th Disney Cruise (2nd WBPC) and looking forward to it! Packing for the trip and noticed we have a Disney World Pirate League costume, size Boys XL, bought back in The World in 2010. It's still in great shape, only worn by our son a couple of times. It's too small for him now. We were going to donate locally with other clothes during spring cleaning, but thought maybe someone looking for a costume for their child for the Pirates in the Caribbean party on the ship would be interested, no charge. If interested, please PM me and I we can arrange to meet on the ship somewhere to drop it off. Assuming there's interest, we'll give it to the first legit PM. Cheers.

Working on the last elements of our FE gift - so far we've got something for each person, something for each cabin and 2 items for each "household" (tho one of these may run short)

Due to that last category, I wanted to double check that I've got the count right for the following folks who may be travelling with adults outside their nuclear family - mothers, mothers-in-law, siblings, etc. I'll use initials for privacy reasons.

Namsupak - 3 households represented - L+J+L+J, C, J
Jackson's Grammie - 2 households - E, H+J
neg58 - 2 or 3 households? Not sure if N and MC are in the same household - assuming ML is separate
stitch68 - L & A - 2 households or one?

If any of the other Group 6 folks have multiple households cruising together, let me know!

He slept 6 hours last night. Drank some juice and went back to sleep. He's scheduled for another CT scan in 20 minutes. They are checking for brain swelling. Please continue to pray.

Things are not going well, infection has take a hold and her systems are shutting down. I won't be posting for awhile.

I haven't checked here in the past few days, and I a very sorry to hear that both of you have had bad things happen at home. I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of you, and GoinPlaces if you happen to need a German translation or something for talking to your husband, I would be more than happy to help!

I realize it may be a bit late and most of you have made your arrangements already, but here goes another try to find another nice couple (or any group of two people, for that matter!) to join our two parties of 2 on a private half-day tour of Cartagena.

The cost is $ 70 per person (if we get to a total of 6 people).

If you would like to join or have any questions, please pm me!

A description of the tour:

"From the pier we drive to the Monastery of Our Lady of the Candle, built early 17th Century on La Popa Hill, for a visit. Also from the top of the hill we will be able to take in a beautiful view of the city and the bay. We continue the tour with a stopover at San Felipe de Barajas Fortress, a military engineering masterpiece, erected as part of the defensive system to protect the city. At this photo stop, from the bottom, we explain to you about the construction techniques, dates, attacks, etc.

Then we drive towards the walled colonial city. First we take some time off at the handicraft stores of Las Bóvedas (Optional). After shopping, (if we stop) we take a walk along the quaint streets for a close-up view of the old homes and beautiful balconies, plazas and religious buildings such as the Cathedral, the Inquisition Palace; we also pass by Bolívar´s plaza and Customs Plaza, making photo stops all the time, naturally !!! At the end of the walk, we visit the Sanctuary of Saint Peter Claver.

After the walk and visit we board the van and depart towards the modern areas of the city to admire the architecture, the forts by the bay; then we make a stop at the Emerald Museum/workshop for emeralds and a drink !! This tour takes approximately 4 to 4 ½ hours."
www.toursclaudiavidal.com

neg58 - 2 or 3 households? Not sure if N and MC are in the same household - assuming ML is separate

If any of the other Group 6 folks have multiple households cruising together, let me know!

We are 3 households, but please don't go to too much trouble as we're just doing the FE for fun and don't expect everyone to get everything. ML is my mother and M C. is her cousin (older ladies). We can fight over the good stuff (and I'll win because I'm the biggest)

Nancy

Sending hugs to you and warm healing thoughts for your mom.

Also Hertzliche Gluckwunche for renewed good health to GoingPlaces DH.

We may have found a house today.
glad to hear you may have found a house! Good luck with all the house stuff.

Working on the last elements of our FE gift - so far we've got something for each person, something for each cabin and 2 items for each "household" (tho one of these may run short)
You are right we are 3 households. If you're running short though don't worry about getting all 3.

Greetings all,

We will be cruising on the Westbound Panama Canal Cruise, leaving May 6th. It will be our 5th Disney Cruise (2nd WBPC) and looking forward to it! Packing for the trip and noticed we have a Disney World Pirate League costume, size Boys XL, bought back in The World in 2010. It's still in great shape, only worn by our son a couple of times. It's too small for him now. We were going to donate locally with other clothes during spring cleaning, but thought maybe someone looking for a costume for their child for the Pirates in the Caribbean party on the ship would be interested, no charge. If interested, please PM me and I we can arrange to meet on the ship somewhere to drop it off. Assuming there's interest, we'll give it to the first legit PM. Cheers.

kbishop2013 - thanks for the PM. It's yours if you want it. I don't have 10 posts yet and it wouldn't let me reply to your PM. I forwarded a reply to one of the moderators asking if the could send you my full response. Hopefully it works - if not, I'll try another route. Thanks. Cheers.

Yes we now have our cabin--looks great for location!
And decided to book our Cartegena tour with the cruise line.
Too late for us to get Palo but will try once on board.
Sunshine here plus the local daffodil flower show is going on today!

What do you ladies do for daytime wear? Capris and tops?

Greetings all,

That is very nice of you! Glad you have joined the DIS. Check out the first page of this thread for some good information.

We are 3 households, but please don't go to too much trouble as we're just doing the FE for fun and don't expect everyone to get everything. ML is my mother and M C. is her cousin (older ladies). We can fight over the good stuff (and I'll win because I'm the biggest)

Nancy

You may be surprised! We older folks get slower and have less strength, but we make up for it with cunning sometimes. :thumbsup2:cool1::rotfl:

Yes we now have our cabin--looks great for location!
And decided to book our Cartegena tour with the cruise line.
Too late for us to get Palo but will try once on board.
Sunshine here plus the local daffodil flower show is going on today!

What do you ladies do for daytime wear? Capris and tops?

No cabin for us yet. :sad2: Yes, I wear capris or shorts and tops for daytime wear.

That is very nice of you! Glad you have joined the DIS. Check out the first page of this thread for some good information

Thanks - much appreciated. Someone responded (kbishop2013) via PM but I could not reply directly since I don't yet have 10 posts, so I sent my PM reply to one of the members listed as staff (I sent my reply to 'The DIS Moderator Team' username asking if they could forward it along to kbishop2013). Would that work, or should I wait until I have 10 posts?. Thanks for the help. Cheers.

kbishop2013 - thanks for the PM. It's yours if you want it. I don't have 10 posts yet and it wouldn't let me reply to your PM. I forwarded a reply to one of the moderators asking if the could send you my full response. Hopefully it works - if not, I'll try another route. Thanks. Cheers.

Yeah! Thanks!
Real name is Kristin Bishop, Cabin 7532. Let me know when/where works for you!

Yeah! Thanks!
Real name is Kristin Bishop, Cabin 7532. Let me know when/where works for you!

Great - we'll jot down your name and room number. I think my wife said she can call your stateroom and we can make arrangements once we unpack onboard. If you're not in the room, we can leave a message and once we touch base, we can make arrangements for you guys to pick it up. I hope it fits, but my son was 10 and tall for his age when we bought it in 2010, so it should hopefully fit your son.

Thanks,

Cheers.

I know I am late in the game, but just found this board. My sons and I will be on the cruise. They are 7 and 9. Went on the Wonder for Christmas. Depressing as it sounds, my husband was killed in Afghanistan the day before our youngest turned 6, on Dec 14, 2011. So, after we finally were able to burry him in Arlington last December, we bailed and set off on a Disney Adventure. And even before we left the ship decided it would be so much fun to do another!

CANNOT wait to meet you all :-)

(I'd post a pic, but don't know how to do that)

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah

I know I am late in the game, but just found this board. My sons and I will be on the cruise. They are 7 and 9. Went on the Wonder for Christmas. Depressing as it sounds, my husband was killed in Afghanistan the day before our youngest turned 6, on Dec 14, 2011. So, after we finally were able to burry him in Arlington last December, we bailed and set off on a Disney Adventure. And even before we left the ship decided it would be so much fun to do another!

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah

Welcome to the DIS and welcome to our cruise thread! It will be nice to meet you and your sons.

I was able to enjoy some cruises after my first husband died and my girls were still young teens. What cruise and ship were you on before?

Be sure to check page 1 of this thread for some more details. Sorry for your loss, but glad to see you are taking some trips with your family. :)

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah

Welcome!!! So sorry for your loss and greatful for you husband's sacrifice for us. And so glad you and your sons are joining us! :cool1::thumbsup2:dance3: You will love, love the longer cruise!

Greetings all,

Welcome.

Truly,
Casey, Chad and Noah

Welcome and sorry for your loss.

This is going to be a great cruise.

My To Do List Update:

I spent an hour on the web finishing my "to do list"

Long-term parking at Portland Airport -check :thumbsup2

Florida car rental - check :thumbsup2

Transportation from LA Port to LAX (Supershuttle) - check :thumbsup2

Transportation from Ft Lauderdale Hotel to Miami Port. Sent email to SAS, couldn't make reservation on website because we are coming form Hotel and their phone number refers you back to their website. :confused3- waiting for reply :surfweb:

Three weeks from tomorrow :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter