WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

This cruise is really booking fast. Just a week ago there were a lot of cabins in all categories. Now there aren't many Oceanview or verandahs available at all.

Nancy

Hi all,
Just booked this cruise and am SO thrilled!!! Its a dream come true to do Panama Canal with Disney. I can't believe we're really doing this!

I'm Liz and husband is Joe. Can't wait to get to know you better :flower3: Will post picture soon.

I believe we've sailed with quite a few people in this group on Transatlantic sailings...

Gramaz - Marilyn I think you were my Secret Mickey once?
Goofprincess - Pretty sure we met!
Namsupak - Lauren didn't we meet also?
SdLong - I think we also met before.

Yeah we were on the WBTA 2011. Glad you'll be joining us! Maybe this time we can run into each other more :goodvibes

If we're not supposed to play board games in groups of people in Diversions then why do they have board games there to begin with? ;) Just because we're bringing a larger selection doesn't mean we're changing the atmosphere of the designated sports and gaming pub on the ship. Now, if we were planning on doing it in Cadillac Lounge, then I'd totally agree.

Also, I'm curious why gaming in the gaming bar is an unwelcome distraction but flash mobbing Triton's sit-down breakfast in our pajamas isn't? ;D

On a side note: whatever time of day games happen, Cards Against Humanity absolutely must be after the 9pm Route 66 curfew for minors. I wouldn't want strange young ears overhearing THAT game, ha! Talk about disruptive!:rotfl2:

I agree, Diversions is a bar designed around games, they have large booths that a bunch of us could sit in to play a game. Personally it is one of my favourite spots to sit and relax especially before dinner. Jason and I played checkers every night on our last cruise was lots of fun... I can't see how a group of people playing games and having fun would impact someone else's ability to enjoy the cruise? :confused3

Hi all,
Just booked this cruise and am SO thrilled!!! Its a dream come true to do Panama Canal with Disney. I can't believe we're really doing this!

I'm Liz and husband is Joe. Can't wait to get to know you better :flower3: Will post picture soon.

I believe we've sailed with quite a few people in this group on Transatlantic sailings...

Gramaz - Marilyn I think you were my Secret Mickey once?
Goofprincess - Pretty sure we met!
Namsupak - Lauren didn't we meet also?
SdLong - I think we also met before.

Hi and welcome. I do remember your name but I didn't participate in Secret Mickey. That WBTA was a fantastic cruise!! This will be too.:cool1:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
So it looks like a lot of people have taken this cruise before? It will be our first Panama Canal. My husband is VERY excited about going through the canal & has bought a few books already.

Hi and welcome. I do remember your name but I didn't participate in Secret Mickey. That WBTA was a fantastic cruise!! This will be too.:cool1:

Hmmm, I do remember you - we must have chatted before/during the cruise. We are big fans of the longer itineraries...seems like we are not the only ones!

New to this thread. Booked the OGT rate about a week or so ago and glad I did :thumbsup2 as it no longer exists. I am a solo sailer and looking forward to meeting you all and catching up on the thread. :)
Blake

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
So it looks like a lot of people have taken this cruise before? It will be our first Panama Canal. My husband is VERY excited about going through the canal & has bought a few books already.

Hmmm, I do remember you - we must have chatted before/during the cruise. We are big fans of the longer itineraries...seems like we are not the only ones!

I was on the 2011 WBTA too, and seem to remember your name. Your husband will love the presentations on the canal by Captain (ret) Puckett. He's a stitch.

New to this thread. Booked the OGT rate about a week or so ago and glad I did :thumbsup2 as it no longer exists. I am a solo sailer and looking forward to meeting you all and catching up on the thread. :)
Blake

I did the EBPC alone in December. It was a great experience. With DISers, one is never really "alone" unless one wishes to be.

Blake

Welcome aboard :)

All, I have been catching up on the posts since the change over from the old thread and want to make a suggestion. When planning events around the ship please keep in mind that we are not the only ones trying to enjoy the cruise. "Flash Mobbing" Diversions when others are trying to enjoy a relaxing evening may not be a good idea idea for everyone involved. Might I suggest planning our group activities during the "done times" I.e diversions during the day, so that all can enjoy the ship as wish to.

Just a suggestion......

i agree, kracken. i would be very unhappy if my hubby and i were finally alone together and relaxing only to have a large group of loud people come in and take over the atmosphere in the room... we should all be considerate of all other passengers-:love: :cloud9: :thumbsup2

Blake

I'm new too! Yeah it seems like a lot of rates/cabins are disappearing.

I was on the 2011 WBTA too, and seem to remember your name. Your husband will love the presentations on the canal by Captain (ret) Puckett. He's a stitch.

Hi Linda!

Wasn't Capt. Puckett the lecturer on an EBTA too? Does he do stargazing on deck at night? I think I remember him.

I'm new too! Yeah it seems like a lot of rates/cabins are disappearing.

Hi Linda!

Wasn't Capt. Puckett the lecturer on an EBTA too? Does he do stargazing on deck at night? I think I remember him.

I think he was on the 08 PC cruise as well.

Mom323 said:
I think he was on the 08 PC cruise as well.

He was on the Westbound. He was also on the 2011 Panama cruise. I hope he will be on this one. He is a great speaker and gives a very good presentation.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

i agree, kracken. i would be very unhappy if my hubby and i were finally alone together and relaxing only to have a large group of loud people come in and take over the atmosphere in the room... we should all be considerate of all other passengers-:love: :cloud9: :thumbsup2

Just a suggestion . . . if you guys want a quietly relaxing time together a deux, you probably don't want Diversions anyway - it's a PUB. You want the Cadillac lounge . . . quiet, dim, low key, romantic. Or the outlook bar, overlooking the adult pool. Or the Cove Cafe - not just a coffee place, but an adults only space with a bar.

And then, for non-alcoholic relaxation, there's the Rainforest room, the exotic rasul, or couple time in the spa . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter