WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

I like the idea of having multiple game nights. Maybe we can just keep the plans loose and just have a vote on what game to play based on who shows up that night.

My proposal would be to decide on several nights for game nights, and on a specific time. Then everyone who wants to bring a game shows up right on time, and all those present after, say, ten minutes can vote on what game/s to play. If enough of us show up at the same time, we can also split up into one party game group and one roleplaying group or hardcore board game group or whatever takes everybody's fancy. And in case nobody with a game turns up, oh well, then we can still all have a beer together in Diversions if we like :)

What do you all think? If enough people are in favour of this, we could try and find a few dates for it (three or four, maybe?).

Got some more things done - finally decided on a hotel in Miami and booked it, and booked a three-night vacation package with park hoppers for Disneyland after the cruise. Now, all that we need to prebook is (possibly) transportation to and from the airports, and a nice sightseeing tour for L.A. Can anybody recommend any tours, maybe?

Sounds really good! I am definitely interested, but I wll have to check with DH once he finally decides to answer his phone :sad2:;)

So anyway, if you still have room, we may join you - I will get back to you later by PM!

Sounds great. Just keep me posted.

Got some more things done - finally decided on a hotel in Miami and booked it, and booked a three-night vacation package with park hoppers for Disneyland after the cruise. Now, all that we need to prebook is (possibly) transportation to and from the airports, and a nice sightseeing tour for L.A. Can anybody recommend any tours, maybe?

Jealous of your time in Disneyland!! We are headed to La Jolla and San Diego after the cruise and that will be nice, but Disneyland after a DCL cruise sure is appealing.

Are people still looking for things to do in Cartagena? We want to do a private tour and are looking for adults to join us.

If you are interested, let me know. Adults only ;)
I really like the sound of this tour, I have to talk it over with my fiance when he gets home tonight, I will pm you tonight or tomorrow and let you know for sure, if there is still room by then :goodvibes

My proposal would be to decide on several nights for game nights, and on a specific time. Then everyone who wants to bring a game shows up right on time, and all those present after, say, ten minutes can vote on what game/s to play. If enough of us show up at the same time, we can also split up into one party game group and one roleplaying group or hardcore board game group or whatever takes everybody's fancy. And in case nobody with a game turns up, oh well, then we can still all have a beer together in Diversions if we like :)

What do you all think? If enough people are in favour of this, we could try and find a few dates for it (three or four, maybe?).

This sounds like a good plan to me :thumbsup2

Sounds perfect!

Hi, I am new to this thread. Good to see the Geezers will be meeting. I joined them on the 2010 WBTA. Fun group. I will be traveling with my friend Evelyn, whom I met in 2011 on the Western Caribbean. We just booked this month & will be in cabin 6588.

Welcome aboard!

FYI - I was in Cartagena in December.

You can do this tour for $50 upon arrival, many tour companies/vans will be outside the terminal and will load up a van and leave when enough people join. My guess is that this company will be one of the ones there. You can reserve your space for $70 each, or walk up and pay $50...your choice.

My family (2 adults, 2 kids) took a taxi on the same tour. We paid $50 for all of us and paid admission to La Popa Monastary and thef fort seperately (about $10 total). We stopped in the old city and shopping at the cruise recommended shops. It was about 4.5 hours total.

Just food for thought.

Are people still looking for things to do in Cartagena? We want to do a private tour and are looking for adults to join us.

Here is an overview of our tour:

From the pier we drive to the Monastery of Our Lady of the Candle, built early 17th Century on La Popa Hill, for a visit. Also from the top of the hill we will be able to take in a beautiful view of the city and the bay. We continue the tour with a stopover at San Felipe de Barajas Fortress, a military engineering masterpiece, erected as part of the defensive system to protect the city. At this photo stop, from the bottom, we explain to you about the construction techniques, dates, attacks, etc.

Then we drive towards the walled colonial city. First we take some time off at the handicraft stores of Las Bóvedas (Optional). After shopping, (if we stop) we take a walk along the quaint streets for a close-up view of the old homes and beautiful balconies, plazas and religious buildings such as the Cathedral, the Inquisition Palace; we also pass by Bolívar´s plaza and Customs Plaza, making photo stops all the time, naturally!!! At the end of the walk, we visit the Sanctuary of Saint Peter Claver.

After the walk and visit we board the van and depart towards the modern areas of the city to admire the architecture, the forts by the bay; then we make a stop at the Emerald Museum/workshop for emeralds and a drink!! This tour takes approximately 4 to 4 ½ hours.

Prices vary according to the number of people. We have 2 people so far (me and my husband) and we are looking for 4 more people to join us. With 6 people in the van, the cost will be $70 USD per person. That price includes the cost of transportation in an air-conditioned van, tickets to monuments, guide's fees and port's fees. Payment will be, in US$ in cash, at the end of the tour; and a free video copy of the tour will be given to each couple.

To get a video preview of the tour, click here: http://youtu.be/uQ0nsPNJwxQ

This tour company comes highly recommended from Cruise Critic and you can't beat that price! :thumbsup2

If you are interested, let me know. Adults only ;)

I hear ya Marilyn! We took a 7 day BTB on the Dream in October and even the 7 days seemed really short.

Welcome!:goodvibes

I really like the sound of this tour, I have to talk it over with my fiance when he gets home tonight, I will pm you tonight or tomorrow and let you know for sure, if there is still room by then :goodvibes

Yes, just let me know as soon as possible. We'd like to keep it to 6 people total in the van. :goodvibes

You can do this tour for $50 upon arrival, many tour companies/vans will be outside the terminal and will load up a van and leave when enough people join. My guess is that this company will be one of the ones there. You can reserve your space for $70 each, or walk up and pay $50...your choice.

My family (2 adults, 2 kids) took a taxi on the same tour. We paid $50 for all of us and paid admission to La Popa Monastary and thef fort seperately (about $10 total). We stopped in the old city and shopping at the cruise recommended shops. It was about 4.5 hours total.

Just food for thought.

Thanks for the info. I have also taken a taxi tour like that in another port. The problem is that your experience is really a toss up depending on who your driver is - you can have an amazing tour or a really crappy one depending on whose taxi you get into. And on the day of, you can't really check up on the drivers that happen to be in the port so you don't know what you're getting.

Since this may be my only time in Cartagena, I'm not willing to chance it! I appreciate your experience but I want a sure thing.

Just a thought to whoever is organizing the PJ breakfast--/ When we did it on the
TA the head waiter was told about how many.
to expect and they set us up in one section . It was a lot of fun . Most people wore Disney tops and lounge pants There were a lot of men in shorts and Disney tees . So lets have some fun with this

Just a thought to whoever is organizing the PJ breakfast--/ When we did it on the
TA the head waiter was told about how many.
to expect and they set us up in one section . It was a lot of fun . Most people wore Disney tops and lounge pants There were a lot of men in shorts and Disney tees . So lets have some fun with this

You are right! braysmommy is the one in charge of the PJ breakfast, and she already mentioned she would notify Triton's roughly how many of us will be there. So everybdy who is thinking of attending, please let braysmommy know ahead of time if you can.

You are right! braysmommy is the one in charge of the PJ breakfast, and she already mentioned she would notify Triton's roughly how many of us will be there. So everybdy who is thinking of attending, please let braysmommy know ahead of time if you can.

I updated the first post with this info. :)

Good job. All we have to do is figure out were we would like to stay in Miami. I am not planing on getting off the ship until it gets here to L.A. after Castaway. Got my transfers to LAX since my car will be there. Brunch is booked. DW tour in Cartagena is booked. Can't do flights till the day before we leave to get an idea of what looks good to get to Ft. Lauderdale.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Since you are from LA, can you recommend who you are using for transfers to LAX? Thanks much!

MontanaMouse said:
Since you are from LA, can you recommend who you are using for transfers to LAX? Thanks much!

We just got the DCL transfers.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

annichan said:

I like this idea - keeps things flexible, but still organized - maybe plan 1 or 2 afternoon sessions that are kid friendly & a couple post - show sessions?

Just checked the DCL web site and all is gone but concierge. When we are on The Magic last month Darren the CD told us this cruise was historically at 70% with many fewer children. Not true???

Madhattr said:
Just checked the DCL web site and all is gone but concierge. When we are on The Magic last month Darren the CD told us this cruise was historically at 70% with many fewer children. Not true???

Just checked and at least one 11B is there.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Happy Goofy said:
There were a lot of men in shorts and Disney tees . So lets have some fun with this

I'm just planning to wear my speedo.

Sent via my iThingy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter