WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder - Pirates Pillaging and Plundering the Panama Canal again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was little, I loved doughnuts. As I grew up, I came to hate them. Finally, as an adult, Krispy Kreme opened in our area and I grew to love doughnuts again. I finally realized that my dislike for doughnuts correlated with Dunkin Donuts moving into our area and pushing all the independent doughnut shops out.

Dunkin Donuts makes the worst doughnuts out there in my opinion. When my wife and her two daughters moved out here from Boston, they all agreed that DD around here sucks and is nothing like what they get in Boston. Around here in Chicago, the doughnuts are smaller and the coffee is watered down.

For the past several years, we were averaging $75/week at Starbucks between coffee and breakfast sandwiches/pastries.

Sent via my iThingy

When I was little, I loved doughnuts. As I grew up, I came to hate them. Finally, as an adult, Krispy Kreme opened in our area and I grew to love doughnuts again. I finally realized that my dislike for doughnuts correlated with Dunkin Donuts moving into our area and pushing all the independent doughnut shops out.

Dunkin Donuts makes the worst doughnuts out there in my opinion. When my wife and her two daughters moved out here from Boston, they all agreed that DD around here sucks and is nothing like what they get in Boston. Around here in Chicago, the doughnuts are smaller and the coffee is watered down.

For the past several years, we were averaging $75/week at Starbucks between coffee and breakfast sandwiches/pastries.

Sent via my iThingy

I agree with you on DD's donuts they are horrible. If I'm going to eat stuff like that it is coming from a bakery.

Now their coffee is yummy!

Well I love their donuts. Best for a chain. Now here in L.A. I think the best are at Randy's. you all know the place, it has the big donut on the roof.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

I certainly don't mind their donuts at all. Any donut will do actually;), though it is so disappointing when you buy one(any make) and bite into it to find it all dry and nasty.

Has anyone noticed that the time keeps changing on DCL website when we get back to LA???

This is a little crazy & scary....Trying to figure the best to fly home...

Times from 9:00AM to [showing now] 4:00PM

Just a thought/ and trying to keep everyone who needs to fly informed

Robin & Angel "D" :santa:

Robin"D";46934126 said:
Has anyone noticed that the time keeps changing on DCL website when we get back to LA???

This is a little crazy & scary....Trying to figure the best to fly home...

Times from 9:00AM to [showing now] 4:00PM

Just a thought/ and trying to keep everyone who needs to fly informed

Robin & Angel "D" :santa:

This is a typical turnaround day, so we will arrive LA in the early morning for a typical morning disembarkation, between 7:00 or 7:30 and 9:00 or 9:30 AM. The web site itinerary shows 4:00 PM as the onboard time (for the next cruise). You are safe in planning flights for the very late morning or afternoon on Monday the 20th.

I know the answer to this already, but feel the need to ask anyway. Do you think we could make a 10:54 am flight out of LAX on that Monday morning? I really don't want to sit in the airport all day, but I am afraid that looks like what will be happening.

etoe said:
I know the answer to this already, but feel the need to ask anyway. Do you think we could make a 10:54 am flight out of LAX on that Monday morning? I really don't want to sit in the airport all day, but I am afraid that looks like what will be happening.

I wouldn't try it. On the Hawaii cruise we had first sitting breakfast and we were not off until 9. Better to sit than worry about making your flight.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Out of LAX no way! We were on the October Hawaii cruise and it took us 4 hours from leaving the ship (DCL transfers) to through security. The pier doesn't work as efficiently as Port Canaveral so we were in line for nearly an hour just to get off the ship and collect our bags. The lines were out the doors at the airport and moved so slow. It is the worst airport we have ever been to, and we have been to a lot! I thought we would have plenty of time with a 2:30 pm flight (we had late breakfast) but didn't even have time to eat lunch. Our flight started boarding within 15 minutes of us finally getting to the gate. We are definitely NOT looking forward to a repeat of that mess in May!

Laura

Out of LAX no way! We were on the October Hawaii cruise and it took us 4 hours from leaving the ship (DCL transfers) to through security. The pier doesn't work as efficiently as Port Canaveral so we were in line for nearly an hour just to get off the ship and collect our bags. The lines were out the doors at the airport and moved so slow. It is the worst airport we have ever been to, and we have been to a lot! I thought we would have plenty of time with a 2:30 pm flight (we had late breakfast) but didn't even have time to eat lunch. Our flight started boarding within 15 minutes of us finally getting to the gate. We are definitely NOT looking forward to a repeat of that mess in May!

Laura

Yikes! How stressful and not the way to end vacation, hopefully things are a bit smoother this May. Thankfully, we will be driving the Disneyland and avoiding LAX.

Laura

:scratchinJust one more reason to spend a few days at Disneyland post cruise!! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Thanks for the replys about the flight. I have never been to LAX, so I had no clue. I knew it was big, but just didn't realize it was that bad. I have only ever flown in/out of Cincinnati and Orlando, so this will be a whole new experience for me. Maybe we will spend the day in the LA area and fly out on the 6am flight the next day. Oh the things to decide. Thanks again for everyone's NO answer :)

:scratchinJust one more reason to spend a few days at Disneyland post cruise!! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

It's what we are doing.:thumbsup2

After the '08 PC cruise getting off the ship took much longer than expected. Thank goodness we had a later flight.

Thanks for the replys about the flight. I have never been to LAX, so I had no clue. I knew it was big, but just didn't realize it was that bad. I have only ever flown in/out of Cincinnati and Orlando, so this will be a whole new experience for me. Maybe we will spend the day in the LA area and fly out on the 6am flight the next day. Oh the things to decide. Thanks again for everyone's NO answer :)

Whatever your preconceptions are about the badness of LAX, based on your experience at Cincinnati and Orlando, multiply it by about a factor of 4. The only time I have experienced what I would term as a semi "normal" airport experience was when I flew in and out of there on Southwest once and that might have been a fluke. All off the other times have been the absolute worst airport experiences you can possibly imagine. Easily beating the old terminal at Charles de Gaulle in Paris for that honor and that is saying a lot because that terminal and experience was the absolute pits.

Consequently, when we fly to LA we always try to fly in and out of Burbank since we are usually going to Malibu or the west end of the Valley, Calabasis, West Lake Village etc. For a returning cruiser, Burbank is more than a bit out the way. However, Orange County (John Wayne) SNA, is a much better alternative and is about the same distance from the port as LAX is.

We are doing a couple af days at DisneyLand and then flying out of SNA on Southwest. Airfare ended up being quite reasonable.

Thanks! I'll have to look into SNA. I have only flown twice in my life so I m a bit freaked out about LAX and really have no clue what to expect. Thanks for the heads up and alternate airport option.

Maybe we were lucky but we flew out of LAX from the Hawaii cruise and we did not have any problems. Hopefully it will be the same this time. We will be flying SW on May 23.

Our flight out of LAX leaves at 3:30. Hopefully that is enough time!
While I'd love to spend a day or two pre or post cruise at Disney, it won't happen. The in-laws are flying in to watch the kiddos while we are out gallivanting on the cruise and I feel a bit guilty about taking away from our time with them. sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter