WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder - Pirates Pillaging and Plundering the Panama Canal again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this thread... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2713199 about cruise ettiquette. Some good stuff on here, but does occasionally go off topic. I've posted some of the stuff on the FB page, and here's the run down for this thread.

■Never go up to the Captain when you see him around the ship and ask "Who's driving the boat"?....he's heard it a thousand times and it gets old quick.
■Don't leave your laundry in the machines and not come back for it.
■Don't leave your personal belongings on deck chairs to save them for later. They are for everyone and unless you are ready to use them don't leave stuff on them.
■Don't walk around the ship hallways in your bathing suit without a cover up and don't walk the halls in your nightie and curlers.
■Don't drape towels and clothing on the verandah railing (makes the ship look tacky).
■Always be polite when asking for something from the staff. Always smile and make eye contact.
■Be modest in your attire, not everyone needs to see every bump and bulge.
■Respect crew only areas (the ship is also their home and how would you feel if strangers were pushing their way into your living room).
■Don't sit in the first row at the show and doze off....people behind you can be distracted by your bobbing head and the performers won't appreciate people dozing during the show.
■Be discreet with your money and personal wealth. Nobody really cares and being ostentatious is in bad taste.
■When leaving your cabin don't let the doors slam.
■To be asked to dine with the Captain is an honor don't ever turn it down.
■There is a reason cruise ships don't sell gum....if you bring your own don't stick it where it does not belong (like on the floor or under furniture). Dispose of it properly.
■If coming back from muddy excursion, take off your shoes and carry them to room so you don't track mud through the ship
■Don't block the elevators, wait until passengers leave the elevator before boarding. If the elevator is crowded and you are in front when it stops, step out momentarily to let others off.
■If you encounter a problem seek out a crew member and discreetly explain the problem. Don't bore your fellow passengers with it.
■Keep a grip on yourself, don't over indulge in alcohol and be annoying to others.
■If the evening calls for formal attire don't change into shorts and t-shirt mid way through.
■Never use your hand to touch food on the buffets, always use the tongs provided (and don't put stuff back if you change your mind).
■Take a moment to commend the staff if you feel they have done a great job. A pat on the back goes a long way.
■If the sun shines smile, it is rains...smile and look for the rainbow!
■Don't be late to dinner. Your servers wait to take everyone's orders at once, so it's rude to your tablemates if you aren't there on time. It also makes it harder on the servers and the order of serving if you don't show up on time.
■If you know you will not be dining in the main dining rotation for dinner (you have Palo reservations or plan to eat at the buffet, etc) tell your waitstaff the night before. If you decide not to that day, try to swing by your assigned dining room at or before your dining time and tell the head waiter at the podium your table number and that you will not be dining tonight. Otherwise your table-mates and waiters do not know if they should be waiting for you or not.
■Use magnets (no tape) to decorate doors.
■Yes, please: No, thank you: Good morning: Have a good day: Good evening (night)
■Respect your fellow cruisers - they paid for it too!
■Respect your CMs, ask them about their homeland.
■If you order room service - call to have them pick up the tray when you are finished, rather than leaving it outside. This keeps the hallways clear and makes it easier for those in wheelchairs to get by.

I agree with the above with one exception. I will change out of my formal wear after dinner. I don't like to dress up at all. I am find my suit very uncomfortable and the only thing I think about when I am in it is, I can't wait to change out if it. If that makes me a bad person, so be it. I will stress I do go to dinner in my jacket and tie. I change after dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I agree with the above with one exception. I will change out of my formal wear after dinner. I don't like to dress up at all. I am find my suit very uncomfortable and the only thing I think about when I am in it is, I can't wait to change out if it. If that makes me a bad person, so be it. I will stress I do go to dinner in my jacket and tie. I change after dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Alan, the list said changing half way through dinner so nothing to disagree with. I think most people go to change out of their formal wear after dinner for comfort. My shapewear is usually riding up or cutting in by the end of dinner so I can't wait to get them off!!!:blush:But I won't be taking them off during dinner.:rotfl2:

We are leaving Sat for BTB on the Magic out of NY .Will let you know how it is leaving from NY_ saves us airfare

Alan, the list said changing half way through dinner so nothing to disagree with. I think most people go to change out of their formal wear after dinner for comfort. My shapewear is usually riding up or cutting in by the end of dinner so I can't wait to get them off!!!:blush:But I won't be taking them off during dinner.:rotfl2:

We change after dinner as well. Rich will be wearing a tux on formal nights. It is easier to rent than to pack a suit and his huge dress shoes (size 13):lmao: Besides I bought cute Mickey tuxedo vests and cummerbunds. I make him wear them. If i have to wear shape wear during dinner, he might as well be uncomfortable as well. Misery loves company. :rotfl2:

We are leaving Sat for BTB on the Magic out of NY .Will let you know how it is leaving from NY_ saves us airfare

Bon voyage! And please do come back and tell us how it was...we are right behind you, doing the same thing next month! Have a great trip!

I asked Captain Henry 'who's driving the boat' once. He very seriously looked at his watch, back and me and said "Goofy" before going on about his business.

We change after dinner as well. Rich will be wearing a tux on formal nights. It is easier to rent than to pack a suit and his huge dress shoes (size 13):lmao: Besides I bought cute Mickey tuxedo vests and cummerbunds. I make him wear them. If i have to wear shape wear during dinner, he might as well be uncomfortable as well. Misery loves company. :rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl::thumbsup2 Absolutely!

We always change after dinner...I enjoy dressing up but only have a tolerance for so much...my husband has been known to change into his Tux t-shirt on occasion :)

40 weeks seems so far away but I"m sure it will be here before we know it! We're heading to WDW on the 10th and I can't wait. Then come home and have 6 more weeks till baby is due. I plan on spending most of my time at the pool or eating. People think we're crazy for going because they think I'm going to try to do all 4 parks from dawn to dusk. It's hard trying to explain to people who have never been that when you have an AP and go 3 or 4 times a year it's easy to go just for food and relaxation. So excited to eat everything everywhere!

We are off to Crater Lake tomorrow. Taking the grandkids for the day and providing supplies for my friend who is hiking the Pacific Crest Trail to the Canadian border.

I have enjoyed the Olympics so far. I tape the live portion in the morning and zap through what I don't care about and the commercials. I don't like the canned version of NBC primetime.

A couple days short of 9 months til our cruise.

Tim

We are at the 9 month mark now! I feel like this is the countdown to a new baby, lol.

Not much chatter here nor on FB. Everyone busy with summer? Back to school not far away, now. Have a great week all :)

Not much chatter here nor on FB. Everyone busy with summer?

I'm getting two teeth extracted this afternoon, so I'm wallowing in anticipatory misery.

My grandkids in Georgia started school this morning. WAY too early, if you ask me.

I'm getting two teeth extracted this afternoon, so I'm wallowing in anticipatory misery.

My grandkids in Georgia started school this morning. WAY too early, if you ask me.

Eek, good luck with the dental work! Ask for lots of meds..

My DD is a teacher here in Chicagoland - back to school next week, can't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter