WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder - Pirates Pillaging and Plundering the Panama Canal again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are hotel discussions going on over on FB. I have asked if those will be posted here in the DIS...no answer yet. Thank goodness I am retired so I can regularly check both.:coffee: If I weren't I'd just go with the DIS and miss things planned on FB.

There are hotel discussions going on over on FB. I have asked if those will be posted here in the DIS...no answer yet. Thank goodness I am retired so I can regularly check both.:coffee: If I weren't I'd just go with the DIS and miss things planned on FB.

Angie, Steven may have posted what you are looking for on the previous page, post 607?

HappyGoofy, you might want to check with Valbob. I know they're going to do a Canada, but not sure exactly which one.

This cruise is too far in the future for me to get too chatty yet! Wait until the new year, then I think you'll see a jump.

I face book but I do NOT like the FB threads for the cruises taking away from the DIS. IN my view, The DIS is the community - FE is a DIS thing, not a FB thing. Lime green is a DIS thing, not a fb thing. The DIS should be the primary source for DIS stuff. If ya'll want to get together over there and chat, feel free, but leave the dis stuff to the DIS.

End of rant.

HappyGoofy, you might want to check with Valbob. I know they're going to do a Canada, but not sure exactly which one.

This cruise is too far in the future for me to get too chatty yet! Wait until the new year, then I think you'll see a jump.

I face book but I do NOT like the FB threads for the cruises taking away from the DIS. IN my view, The DIS is the community - FE is a DIS thing, not a FB thing. Lime green is a DIS thing, not a fb thing. The DIS should be the primary source for DIS stuff. If ya'll want to get together over there and chat, feel free, but leave the dis stuff to the DIS.

End of rant.

:thumbsup2 Absolutley agree. :thumbsup2

Linda- Agree with you 100%. The NY cruises to Nassau only have about 25 pages and I guess the rest of the cruisers are on Facebook.

I will see when Val is going Thanks

I know a lot of people are preferring Facebook for things like FE simply because the page is closed to the general public. Many people are apprehensive about listing their names and cabin numbers on the DIS simply because it's available for anyone to see. They've specifically made the Facebook pages private so only certain people can see that info.

Over the years private spreadsheets have been used for listing names and staterooms. DIS for signing up and planning the FEs. Private spreadsheets emailed to the participants is more private than FB.

Over the years private spreadsheets have been used for listing names and staterooms. DIS for signing up and planning the FEs. Private spreadsheets emailed to the participants is more private than FB.

Or a google doc that is private and shared with the participants only, is equally private.

There are pros and cons for both DIS and for FB. I like FB because it is MUCH easier to read everything. I'm on FB almost every day. DIS, maybe once every two weeks... or so. The FB page is private and you cannot get to it without being a friend of someone on the page already, and then you have to ask for access.
As for planning, etc - as things get closer, I will make sure, and hopefully others will as well, that threads are duplicated between the boards.

Since I'm doing the FE I can tell you that it's going to be emailed privately to the members involved. So nothing publicly posted. I'm not doing the FB page though because I felt like it got outta control for the MV of the Fantasy.

It would be nice to get info on FE, hotels ect posted on first page so that people could find it easier.

I also have secured a private tour in Cartagena and am looking for 5-10 more people to join if they wish. This is a family friendly excursion since my 6 yr will be part of the group. The tour operator is Dora which if you search on trip advisor she has great reviews. Depending on final group size it will be $60 to $65.

It would be nice to get info on FE, hotels ect posted on first page so that people could find it easier.

I also have secured a private tour in Cartagena and am looking for 5-10 more people to join if they wish. This is a family friendly excursion since my 6 yr will be part of the group. The tour operator is Dora which if you search on trip advisor she has great reviews. Depending on final group size it will be $60 to $65.

We would be interested.

I know we have movie buffs here. I will not go into specifics because I don't want to spoil anything, but I will say since I just got home from seeing it, The Dark Knight Rises is a great movie and a very fitting end.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I know we have movie buffs here. I will not go into specifics because I don't want to spoil anything, but I will say since I just got home from seeing it, The Dark Knight Rises is a great movie and a very fitting end.

I can't wait to see it! Did you go to the midnight showing? I'm glad to hear the ending was good. Nothing like watching a series of movies and the ending ruins the whole thing.

I just hope no one from our group saw it last night at the theater in Aurora, CO. :worried:

Namsupak said:
I can't wait to see it! Did you go to the midnight showing? I'm glad to hear the ending was good. Nothing like watching a series of movies and the ending ruins the whole thing.

I did go to a 12:45 AM show. I am going again to see it on a IMAX screen tonight. I went last night as I am hooked up at my local theater, so I get in for free and I just could not wait tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter