Water Bottle cooler on CC?

I thought I read somewhere these were sold out, can anyone confirm if this is true? We're sailing on the Dream in September and was hoping to be able to purchase one.

Just curious if that was $19.50 total? I was reading old threads (2013) and the person wrote

I can understand sales tax but a gratuity on merchandise is baffling? :confused3

The gratuity would be on the water being purchased. All beverages on a cruise that are purchased are subject to a 15% gratuity.

We sailed end of July and didn't see them anywhere.... hope they restock because that is practical and a great souvenir to take home!

We bought it for $11.50 with out the water. We love it. Perfect size for my son's sports team snacks.

Last time cruising we wanted one and asked our server around the pool, he went off and got it for us along with the water and ice - heading out for a beach day.

There is always a tip added as this falls under the rule for beverages - always getting a tip added!

I just looked and there are 2 listed on ebay for almost $30. Crazy!
No sun, sand or water included :)

Do they still have these?
Yes - saw them on the Fantasy last week (and presume that each ship would have equal access to them). Specifically, I saw them being sold in the D Lounge as we were meeting for our excursions on port days, but I would imagine they were available elsewhere, too. It's a pretty nice looking cooler (same as the round/cylinder photo shown above in this thread). We have the old rectangle one (with similar complaints about leaking) and opted against getting the new one simply because we didn't need it -- a rare moment of self-control on a Disney cruise! -- but, yes, they do still offer these.

I can't remember is there water available at the drink station on CC? I wonder how filtered it is or if it taste bad. If so, I may have to buy one of these myself. I am trying to stay away from sodas on our upcoming cruise.

I can't remember is there water available at the drink station on CC? I wonder how filtered it is or if it taste bad. If so, I may have to buy one of these myself. I am trying to stay away from sodas on our upcoming cruise.
It is available -- pretty much all the same stuff that is in the fountain machines by the main pools on the ship (with maybe one or two unique drink differences like a particular twist/flavor of lemonade). I had some of the water and do not recall that it tasted weird....just normal water...however, depending on where you park yourself on the beach, it could be a royal pain to walk to the machine to get a drink, or at least that's what Disney is hoping you'll think! We got some chairs right next to the "Sand Bar" (bar/hut) over past the water slide, and it was very convenient to food, soda/water and ice cream.

The coolers were being sold on the ship and at CC last week.

DS thought the water tasted weird, but I think it was the ice. It was terribly weird, just a bit off from normal, no-taste water.

We also bought it without the water or beer, we took some drinks off the ship and the bar staff filled the cooler with ice for us :)
I believe it was about $11-12 empty but... we still had to pay gratuity on it because it was sold from the bar! I think total was like $14.50.
I actually wanted it to use back home during the summer, I think it's perfect size for day trips :)

Got one in March it was $21 for the cooler and waters. Yes gratuity. No tax. I bought it from the guy right off the ship. He told me if I waited and bought it on the beach I would have to pay tax...:confused3 Don't know if this was true or just to try to get me to buy it before I changed my mind.

I bought it from the guy right off the ship. He told me if I waited and bought it on the beach I would have to pay tax...

That might very well be true, since the Bahamas instituted a VAT. Though it seems like it would apply for things sold on the ship while docked at Castaway as well (like people on cruisecritic say that you are subject to certain TX laws while docked in Galveston).

This is what we got in January. We got it empty as we had our own water, but the bartender (on Castaway) was happy to fill it with ice for us).

photo1_zpsbc3082bc.jpg

I got two last week on CC, one with water & one with beer...LOVE them! Already used one for a sporting tournament as soon as we got home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter