Water Bottle cooler on CC?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by TheHippie524, Jun 22, 2014.

1. TheHippie524

TheHippie524 I love the Magic & Wonder of Dreaming up another F

Haven't heard about it, and can't seem to find the thread from awhile ago...

Was just curious if they brought this back? I have one from 2 years ago, and I absolutely lovee it. Hoping it's still around. Totally worth the like $35 since it's reusable and came with like 12? bottles of evian.

I know they got rid of it for a time because people were complaining about the quality of the cooler itself, but I thought I read they were changing it to bring it back.

Any news? :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyDudet

DisneyDudet Disney Music Addict!

I thought someone posted a pic of it too. It was round. I would love to know as well. I used my last one as a lunch box until my dog tore it up lol

Are they only on CC? Long ago they had them throughout the cruise, but they stopped bc of carpet damage from ppl putting ice in soft sided coolers. They aren't meant to hold ice really and they leaked.

4. KristiMc

KristiMc DIS Veteran

I just bought one last Saturday. It is a cute bag and was full of ice and 6 bottles of Evian. It was $19.50.

5. TheHippie524

Oh YAY! Perfect. Adding that to my list of To Buy things lol. Thanks for letting me know! :hyper:

6. KristiMc

KristiMc DIS Veteran

Here is a picture of the bag.

[​IMG]

7. TheHippie524

OH that is really nice! Can't wait to buy one.
    My old one leaked if I put ice in it... But I loved that thing until the day it kinda died. Lol.

8. KristiMc

KristiMc DIS Veteran

This one did not leak and it still had ice in it when we got back on the ship.

9. kmnmom

kmnmom Earning My Ears

Do you know if they have that on all ships? We are going on the Wonder in a couple of weeks and that's exactly what I wanted so we don't have to take our own cooler. Can we pre-purchase it?

10. KristiMc

KristiMc DIS Veteran

Not sure. We were on the Dream. It was only offered on Castaway Cay day so I'm not sure if they would have it for the Alaskan cruises.

11. Club Disney Chandler

Club Disney Chandler Mouseketeer

We were on the fantasy last week and they had it available on all port days. They usually had a table set up near where you check in for excursions. On CC day it was set up just outside the ship.

12. KarBear

KarBear DIS Veteran

good info thanks!:)

13. Narnia_girl

Narnia_girl DIS Veteran

I want one of those! ::yes::

14. sarabguerra

sarabguerra Mouseketeer

Me too! We may leave with a few of those!

15. Narnia_girl

Narnia_girl DIS Veteran

Just curious if that was $19.50 total? I was reading old threads (2013) and the person wrote
    I can understand sales tax but a gratuity on merchandise is baffling? :confused3

16. KristiMc

KristiMc DIS Veteran

There was tax and I pretty sure an added tip (I added a little more) because one of the servers walking the beach sold it to me. They were also selling them right after you got off the ship so maybe no tip for those??

Just looked at my bill - my total was $23.43.

17. Narnia_girl

Narnia_girl DIS Veteran

Oh, that makes sense if a server on the beach sold it. It's still a good value, I'd say!

18. RooRach0906

RooRach0906 "Oh Goody, Horray!"

I will be buying 1 or more of these if they are still selling them next May. I pretty much only drink water so this would be awesome for me. :goodvibes

19. Lisa Lisa

Lisa Lisa DIS Veteran

We were on the Fantasy over Easter, and I bought one of the new coolers at one of the small bars right next to the pool. I bought an empty one for $11.50. Later, I realized it was silly of me not to buy it with the 6 bottles of water for $19.50. $8.00 for 6 bottles of Evian on a Disney cruise is about as cheap as it gets!!

ETA: FWIW, the cooler is very cute but is sort of an awkward size and shape. It isn't really collapsible, either, so I put it in my mostly-empty carryon bag to keep it from getting squashed on the flight home.

20. DisneyDudet

DisneyDudet Disney Music Addict!

Gratuity was probably added because of the water bottles, which are supplied by the bars, I think.

21. fluffysue

fluffysue Earning My Ears

Oh I hope they have this on my 3-day cruise in August! I was going to order a water package with 6 bottles but I'd rather get this if they have it.