• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Watching for BOG Breakfast to be Extended-Now Open :)

Oh, man! That is bad news! I didn't notice it when I've been checking the past couple of weeks but I've heard the app can be glitchy and I'm relatively new to it. Sorry for the excitement if it's all for nothing. :worried:
I think they'll extend it. It's just a matter of when, so we can still be excited for that!! :)

I think they'll extend it. It's just a matter of when, so we can still be excited for that!! :)

I actually had a thought after I posted last. I wonder if they release more dinner tables to gauge the demand to determine if they will extend breakfast. I know I saw someone post on here that they added more dinner tables for September at the beginning of May and then what was it a month later they extended breakfast. If that is their thought process I think the fact that the majority of the dinner tables added yesterday were gone in less than 30 minutes that should tell them something :)

I actually had a thought after I posted last. I wonder if they release more dinner tables to gauge the demand to determine if they will extend breakfast. I know I saw someone post on here that they added more dinner tables for September at the beginning of May and then what was it a month later they extended breakfast. If that is their thought process I think the fact that the majority of the dinner tables added yesterday were gone in less than 30 minutes that should tell them something :)
Good point! I hadn't even thought of that. Yes I think with how fast the dinner ones disappeared, they should get the hint that we want more!!!

Those that have done Breakfast at BOG, did it seem pretty full when you went? I'm not sure what's keeping them from permanently opening up Breakfast there, as it seems a kind of no brainer, the demand seems to be there.

Although those that have done it can give us better insight. xD

Thanks. Bummer, missed our chance. Didn't even think about BOG for breakfast. Doh!

We'll be there until Oct 4th and didn't think about BOG for breakfast. We do have it twice for lunch though during our stay.

Dan
Check the cancelled reservations thread for October..I thought I just saw some breakfast dates in beginning of October!!

Check the cancelled reservations thread for October..I thought I just saw some breakfast dates in beginning of October!!

Thanks. I'll keep looking. I checked and still nothing, but I'll stay on it! :)

What did you have from menu? Any suggestions?

For Be Our Guest, we went there 3 times for lunch on our last trip and there were 7 in our party so we literally tried every lunch entree.

Really, all were good depending on your tastes, but the the one that stood out to all of us was the Braised Pork. It's somewhat akin to a pot roast and comes in a largish bowl with mashed potatoes/gravy and long green beens. The soups were excellent too. The beef sandwich and turkey sandwich also went over well. If you like a lighter option, and like seared/raw tuna, the Tuna Niqoise is a pretty good option. It has a bit of a bitter taste to the greens, but overall refreshing.

For Wolfgang Puck Express, everything we tried was fantastic. The pizzas really stand out and are very good size for one QS credit, and excellent quality and taste. The salmon entree is also fantastic for a QS location. This place literally feels very close to a TS meal as far as food quality goes.

Personally, I look up photos on google of various entrees before heading to WDW.(for example, look up "be our guest braised pork and look at the images) Lots of times, just looking at it can help you decide yes or no. Hope this helps.

Dan

Thanks. I'll keep looking. I checked and still nothing, but I'll stay on it! :)

For Be Our Guest, we went there 3 times for lunch on our last trip and there were 7 in our party so we literally tried every lunch entree.

Really, all were good depending on your tastes, but the the one that stood out to all of us was the Braised Pork. It's somewhat akin to a pot roast and comes in a largish bowl with mashed potatoes/gravy and long green beens. The soups were excellent too. The beef sandwich and turkey sandwich also went over well. If you like a lighter option, and like seared/raw tuna, the Tuna Niqoise is a pretty good option. It has a bit of a bitter taste to the greens, but overall refreshing.

For Wolfgang Puck Express, everything we tried was fantastic. The pizzas really stand out and are very good size for one QS credit, and excellent quality and taste. The salmon entree is also fantastic for a QS location. This place literally feels very close to a TS meal as far as food quality goes.

Personally, I look up photos on google of various entrees before heading to WDW.(for example, look up "be our guest braised pork and look at the images) Lots of times, just looking at it can help you decide yes or no. Hope this helps.

Dan
Thanks...braised pork sounds good to me!

Hoping they extend Breakfast. We tried it once in June. i really liked it. My children and Grandchildren would rather wait for lunch.

I was waiting for them to release more dates as well. We arrive 09/30 and I missed out when the last dates were released. (Missed the thread.) Today, I snagged an 8:10 ADR for 10/01. Not the best day for us, but I took it just in case. So, don't give up!

Keep watching to see if they extend to December...seems inconceivable that they won't. Where the dates released for September in 60 days window? I am stalking for December and trying to figure out when I REALLY have to watch!

the dates for august/september whe released the 18 or 19 of june, so nobody know when the dates for october, november , december will be released

I'm really hoping I can score a breakfast for our Feb. trip! A BOG breakfast seems an ideal way to get a jump start on RD for a fairly reasonable price!

Like others here, I am thinking that if breakfast opens up, that may free up some lunch ressies for me thanks to people switching to breakfast to get in early. ;)

YES!! How do we know when it is ready?
I keep checking, but it seems like it stands to reason that BOG page says 90 days out BUT I hear that is not reliable. I keep checking....just in case. If there is a better way, I would love to hear it! I am just figuring they will open when we can make fast pass selections!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter