WARNING! Clarion airport hotel

cramam

Mouseketeer
Located at Mc Coy Road. Made ressies thru internet for $36+tax for myself and a second room for friends. When I arrived no room for my friends despite confirm#. 3 other parties there at same time with same problem. They took my license to copy and my paperwork. Asked to see the room as no other rooms in Orlando and thought we could make do. Room stank and obviously hadn't been cleaned as there were kids shoes between the beds. Asked for another room and none available. No manager either. Got manager's card, but they "lost my paperwork" and left to drive Canaveral. No rooms for 60 miles and ended up sleeping in Rest area. Since then many calls to manager unanswered. Clarion cust service not helpful. Finally a letter offering 25% off future booking!!! No way!! On top of that charged higher rate despite not staying there. Still trying to resolve 6 weeks later. Save yourself time and misery and avoid this one like the plague.

Already have my hotel scheduled (not the clarion) but hopefully you can save someone else from having an experience such as yours.....sorry to hear :(

It's always a good idea to follow up with the hotel regarding an internet booking! Of course on alot of internet sites, you are stuck once you give them your credit card! Check rules carefully!

We have a reservation there for next Wednesday night (12/1). It's already paid for. Maybe I should call them to confirm.

Hey all - saw this post and thought I'd post a warning as well about hotelwiz.com. Booked my hotel through them a couple of weeks before I was due to go and when I got to the hotel they didn't have my reservation nor any room in the hotel or anywhere in Orlando for that matter. But yet, they charged my credit card for the room. When the hotel owner and I called hotelwiz we were on hold for 1 hour and the person on the hotelwiz end told me that they had emailed me and cancelled my reservation the day before. Well I never got the email. On top of that she was quite shocked that I would want my credit card credited for the amount they took off. I basically told her that if my card was not credited by the time I got back from my cruise, I would be calling Visa and then they'd be in big trouble because I wasn't going to be paying for a service they didn't provide.

Anyways - the guy at the hotel found me a room, he was very nice, thank goodness because I was starting to panic. I basically decided the next time I go, I'll be staying at the Hyatt, far more convenient even it is more moola

That's my two cents...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter