Warning: Art of Animation thermostat WILL NOT go below 68!

It sounds to me like they don't really grasp yet that the rooms are too hot, and the air isn't working properly. Maybe there is something wrong with the units at AoA, and this is a new resort glitch. Every person who stays there and has temp issues needs to report it. That is the only way to get thru to them that there really is a problem, and one they need to fix.

:teacher: This

Go to the front desk. Tell them you are uncomfortable.

I can completely understand them trying to save money and not wasting energy when it doesn't need to be used, however they have drawn a line that is not where some people's comfort level is at night and with no ceiling fan and the unit fan cutting off at night (even if you set it to fan on) the room gets incredibly stuffy and warm at night

Factor in the normal florida humity with 3 or 4 taking baths/showers when you get back to the room at night and you've got a big recipe for a miserable night

We got back last week from a week stay at Mermaid and it did get stuffy at night.

It might have said 68 but no air was moving, making it feel humid and sticky.

The balloon didn't do anything. We called the front the desk and a maintence guy came and was no help. He just said he heard try a balloon.

If you are going there I suggest bringing a small fan to keep air circulating, it might help.

I don't think the little mermaid rooms are that far away of course in use to staying at Saratoga Springs
We've stayed in every other resort but bwi and the other values and this seems by far the longest walk. What building were you in at LM? We were in building 8 4th floor at the very end of the hallway...pretty much the furthest room in the entire resort. Lol

We just got home last night from a 3 night stay (after our cruise) at AOA in the Little Mermaid Rooms... It was chilly during our visit (mid 60's Sun-Tues, Wed mid 70's) Our room was hot, stuff and uncomfortable the entire time. We'd come in & turn down the ac and it's run, but it never got cold. Yes, we like it cool in our room while we sleep. I'm sorry if you (General you) can't understand that -- As I'm paying for the vacation, I should be able to be comfortable. I agree w/ others, even a ceiling fan would help as that would move the air.

AOA resort - beautiful... amazing themeing everywhere. We had a LM room in bldg 8 back side (sort of facing Hollywood Studios area- we could see fireworks from our window) The walk was fine (we enjoy walking though), the room was kept clean, the walls were THIN (and I am not one who normally even notices background noises... ) the bed - extremly hard and uncomfortable. Room temp would never get comfortable. Overall a nice resort, but BTDT, I'll stick to other resorts.. this one is not going to make my list of favorites.

Are all these complaints for the LM rooms and not the suites? If the suites aren't having the same issues, it could just be some kind of kink they need to work out.

Stinks that it happens to you, but how else are they going to find it? Those rooms haven't been open long, and this is the first thread I've seen complaining about it.

I'm a cold natured person. It's possible that you've spotted me in the parks, I'm that odd person wearing jeans and a cardigan in 80 something degree weather. I, generally, keep my AC at 74-76 depending on the day's humidity. My mother on the other hand likes it to be 72 or lower, so when we go on vacation I try to let her control the thermostat and just wear layers.

So, when we stayed at AKL this summer we had it set at 72 at first and I was HOT! We had to knock it down to at least 70 maybe lower. We may have been stopped from making it cooler than 68, can't remember. I can't imagine that the thermostat was right about it being 72. And, it's not like I'm just not used to the humidity or something, I've been going to Florida since I was 4 and Virginia can get pretty humid too.

So, if you get a room with a thermometer that's off by a few degrees on the thermostat, having a 68 minimum would be a problem. The thermostat where I live is off by about 4 degrees, but it's not a big deal because I just take that into account when I set it (mine says it's hotter than it is).

I can understand Disney wanting to set a minimum. I think 68 is too high, but even if they made it 60, there are still going to be some people that think that's too high. I honestly don't know what the compromise figure should be. I've never had a problem with the motion sensor. Maybe we just move in our sleep a lot.

OP: Did you ever stop by the front desk?

Has anyone called maintenance? Sorry I just read the first page. We had a problem like this several years ago-can't remember which resort- and maintenance came and fiddled with something in the thermostat. We were able to keep the room very chilly. I have episodes of sleep apnea that get worse in anything but a chilled room.

Has anyone called maintenance? Sorry I just read the first page. We had a problem like this several years ago-can't remember which resort- and maintenance came and fiddled with something in the thermostat. We were able to keep the room very chilly. I have episodes of sleep apnea that get worse in anything but a chilled room.

Yes, we did and as I posted earlier he didn't do anything and suggested the balloon, which we already read about and tried and it didn't do anything. He said it senses motion and that was all he did.

There has been other threads on this because I read about them before I left.

Yes, we did and as I posted earlier he didn't do anything and suggested the balloon, which we already read about and tried and it didn't do anything. He said it senses motion and that was all he did.

Sorry, I missed that you had posted this. Because of the ac issue, we will not e staying at AoA. Too bad because we had thought about booking it.

Something I thought about today....if Disney wanted to be more green they should look at how badly these doors in the rooms seal to the outside (I have a ton of light coming in from the outside and can feel the air coming in ALOT in places)

Also while standing in line for the tomorrowland speedway getting high off gas fumes, the green thought come to mind as well lol

Do you remember what they're called?

Not having any luck with the search function. This is the first one I've seen, and they've only been open a month.

I woke up 6 times sweating last night alone and had to turn the fan on the unit to circulate air (although it eventually cuts off)

Do you know if this is the suites as well? We're staying in a suite next month and my husband's body temperature is always very hot. My youngest son is the same way. I hope through complaints they resolve the issue.

When I was younger I was cold all the time too. Once hot flashes and night sweats started though, I was amazed at how fast I can go from comfortable to feeling like I'm on fire. It's hard for those who haven't experienced this to understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter