Warning about danger when raining in the parks

oh that is frightening. Prayers said for your nephew. The angels will be looking out for him to at least get it home okay. Thank you for the reminder on safety. Some of those poured concrete pathways are very slick when wet. I'm always warning people to take it easy. It just takes one good fall to end up in the hospital.

OP I'm sorry your nephew got hurt and I know head injuries are especially scary. I hope he's better soon. Accidents like this can happen anywhere, even at WDW, but it's always a good reminder to be cautious in the rain. And also to be vigilant with doctors. The way insurance makes it difficult for certain tests to be done, like CT scans and such, you also have to be prepared as a parent to say I'll take whatever tests regardless of the cost.

Hope he is well soon!
Everyone should be careful. DH slipped as we were walking to our room yesterday. When we woke up his foot was swollen and purple. We took him to the ER and had X-rays done. He fractured his foot.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear that! Hopefully you will find a way to enjoy the remainder of your vacation.

Prayers going up for your hubby and for the OP's nephew!

I'm not criticizing Disney, but there are some very smooth surfaces there that are more slippery than others when wet. I know this because I am a huge Crocs fan and usually won't wear them at Disney if I know its going to rain. This of course, is true in locations other than Disney as well - painted surfaces especially :).

Praying for your nephew, OP.

Poor kiddo! Slippery, wet floors and walkways can be a real hazard. MANY years ago I was at an amusement park in Lake George, NY (I think it was the old GaslightVillage or possibly Great Escape). It started raining buckets! My sisters and I took off running (bad idea) trying to get into a building to escape the ankle deep water. Well we managed to get to a building (the arcade) but the second my wet shoes touched the wet tile floor of the covered entrance, I went flying! Legs went straight out from under my and I landed hard on my back and slid 15 feet, butt first, into an arcade machine. Bruised my tailbone badly.

My sisters still make fun of me for it...but we can now appreciate, as adults, just how lucky I was to have only minorly injured myself.

Hope the kiddo heals quickly!

I second this. I love Crocs but they are super dangerous in the rain.

I'm not criticizing Disney, but there are some very smooth surfaces there that are more slippery than others when wet. I know this because I am a huge Crocs fan and usually won't wear them at Disney if I know its going to rain. This of course, is true in locations other than Disney as well - painted surfaces especially :).

Praying for your nephew, OP.

Jeesh, that is absolutely horrible. I hope he heals up quickly and has no lasting effects. Scary stuff.

Positive thoughts to you and your family.

It is so true- head trauma is very serious. Anytime there is a hit to the head watch closely. Signs like vomiting and becoming disoriented should def. be a concern. Don't be afraid to push for tests!

I hope your nephew makes a full recovery and thank you for the reminder.

Family members were finishing up their last day at Disney HS yesterday when it started to pour. My young nephew slipped on a wet area and hit his head. He was vomiting and disoriented. eMS was called and they diagnosed a bad concussion. They flew into Milwaukee this morning. Something wasn't right so they took him to the hospital the docs said they were surprised he lived to Milwaukee. He has a 6" skull fracture and had bleeding in 2 places. He was in surgery twice today. He is now in guarded condition. My point is, should you have a situation similar and they call EMS, demand tests get done. Also, be very careful in the parks when it rains, seems there is always standing water. Prayers would be appreciated. Thanks.

What a scary and terrible thing to have happened. I hope he is doing better soon.

Sending prayers to your nephew and family. Head injuries are not to be fooled with. My mother fell down a flight of stairs recently, hitting her head on the concrete floor, and the bang was so loud people turned around to look. To make a long and upsetting story short, she had 3 skull fractures, 5 subdural hematomas, a hemmorage, and a concussion. If I have any advice to give anyone, it's to keep the patient in a prone postion until the professionals come. When he/she regains consciousness ask them to answer simple questions. Keep them talking. My mom had a successful outcome, by the Grace of God, but it was touch and go for several weeks. And she is just now able to fly again. Once again, sending prayers.

So sorry to hear that, yooper. Hoping all works out for the little guy, prayers are with him.

Sorry about your nephew. Being that they came into Milwaukee I hope they went to Freodert/Children's Hospital. I will just say, from experience(neighbor child went over a balcony) these two places can do the most amazing things for him. Praying for a speedy recovery.:)

Prayers your way OP!

I can tell you from experience, that is not WDW usual policy with a head injury and a child, esp. vomiting. My cousin's son fell backwards off a concrete rail and hit his head on the cement in WS waiting for illuminations. EMS insisted he be taken to the hospital because he felt nauseous. WDW took care of all the bills, my cousin did not even give an insurance card. They even provided transportation back to their resort after the CT scan. He was fine, but the doctors said no rides for the next day or so. He was very lucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter