wanting to buy a 25 to 50 point add on

dwight16

DIS Veteran
alright i own 160 a SSR and i got a letter from DVC talking about 25 point add ons at boardwalk for about 115 a point. i am looking to add on to my points but i dont want to spend another 10,000 bucks on a resale for another 100 plus points. does anyone know the best way to add on another 25 or points?
********** and timeshare store have nothing less then 100 points currently

Was that letter responding to a request you put in or are they just soliciting purchases for 25 points for BWV?

Be patient on those small ones showing up... it'll happen.

i think it was just a form letter letting me know 25 lots are available for sale had a lot of disclosures on it

If you are able to keep watch on the sites for the small contracts, just know your price point in advance, don't expect to negotiate (unless the price is just too high for your comfort level), and bid immediately.

Good luck!!

If you are patient you can still go resale. The small contracts go FAST. SO haunt the resale listings & call as soon as you see something of interest.

Check Fidelity as well, I know they had several SSR 50 pointers -- could be gone already though, or not SSR does not go as fast as say BWV, BCV, or VWL. GL

If you have no patience to muck about with resale and/or you want your points NOW, then DVC will be happy to sell you small contracts direct.

If you are looking for a 25 pt contract buying direct would be your best option. I rarely see 25 pt resales. Plus after closing there isn't that big of a difference in price. (25pt X 65 = 1625 + 400 closing) = 2025 vs 2700 from disney (These are just ballpark figures). For 50 points I would go resale.

thanks for the info on that and you are correct the closing costs are the x factor i know the resale people need to make their money. picking up 50 points would probably be the minimum for resales.

Does anyone know what the current closing costs are (direct and resale) on a very small contract, 25-50 points?

Firepath said:
Does anyone know what the current closing costs are (direct and resale) on a very small contract, 25-50 points?

Resale closing cost are in the neighborhood of $400+/-
I have not purchased direct, but I believe direct closing costs to be approx $100 or less.

Folks with better info, please feel free to correct me if I am off.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

You can save $$ resale, but for a small add-on, for me it would be worth the convenience to buy direct. By the time all the closing costs (and considering the wait time) for small contracts the price differential is minimal. Now, for a larger contract, I'd definitely be looking at resale brokers.

ok 25 points at the boardwalk is 2875 plus 100 in "nominal closing costs" i was told. not sure if you can say buy 30 points i am thinking i am just going to pull the trigger on one of these spots. can some one answer me this....i have 160 at SSR how does the 11 month window work?

ok 25 points at the boardwalk is 2875 plus 100 in "nominal closing costs" i was told. not sure if you can say buy 30 points i am thinking i am just going to pull the trigger on one of these spots. can some one answer me this....i have 160 at SSR how does the 11 month window work?

You will have 160 points to book at SSR at 11 months and 25 points (or whatever you purchase) to book at BWV at 11 months. You can not combine points from the two resorts for any reservation until 7 months.

so how does that work? do i book 50 points 11 months out then move it around at 7 months to use some of the SSR points......ok in this case i have seen the cheap rooms at BW are the hardest to book.....so do i say book the weekend days 11 months out to secure them then add and drop at 7 months. to make a full week?

dwight16 said:
so how does that work? do i book 50 points 11 months out then move it around at 7 months to use some of the SSR points......ok in this case i have seen the cheap rooms at BW are the hardest to book.....so do i say book the weekend days 11 months out to secure them then add and drop at 7 months. to make a full week?

No. You can't switch points used on a reservation that was made with your 11 month home resort booking advantage.

With 25 (or 30) BWV points you could both bank & borrow, so that every 3 years you would have 75 (or 90) points with which you could make a home resort reservation 11 months out.

As DannysMom said, they will not switch point used during the 11 month priority period. They only way that would work would be if there is availability for that BWV unit at 7 months, then book that with the SSR points and cancel the original reservation. There is no way to circumvent the 11/7 window.

ok just to go from all sides......if i book in the 11 month window with say 50 points then on the 7 month call up cancel my 50 the right away rebook a whole week. does that fly or would the nights go to an 11 month in waiting?

dwight16 said:
ok just to go from all sides......if i book in the 11 month window with say 50 points then on the 7 month call up cancel my 50 the right away rebook a whole week. does that fly or would the nights go to an 11 month in waiting?

If you cancel, with the intent to re book with different points, the reservation is in jeopardy. Someone could book it out from under you, leaving you without the reservation you had before.

Safest bet, at 11 months book a split stay at both home resorts. Try to switch half the reservation at 7 months, but if there is no availability at least you have the split stay, and you can wait list for what you want.

thanks i am just trying to see if i should buy an add on at my home resort SSR or another one BW or BC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter