Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Melliej, I can't wait to go back either! DH and I were at the Dolphin last November for our 25th anniversary and had a magical trip. I am headed back in October, to the Swan this time, with my DD11 and my lifelong friend who has only done a day trip to MK and another day to EPCOT but has never done a DW vacation or stayed on property. I am soooooo excited!! I sent her links today asking which iron transfer she prefers for the shirts I am making and also if she wants to decorate her own MB or if she wants my DD to do it for her and replied back like "what????"!!!!! I told her there are LOTS of details that need to happen in order to have the most magical trip! LOL!

Anyway, excited for you!!

I have been looking at this thread most of the afternoon, even tried CTRL+F to search for room renovations at The Swan. Have ALL the rooms been renovated or are some of the Traditional Rooms still the old decor?

Thanks in advance!

Found the answer to my own question on the S/D Facebook page. Yes! They have all been completed. :)

I have been looking at this thread most of the afternoon, even tried CTRL+F to search for room renovations at The Swan. Have ALL the rooms been renovated or are some of the Traditional Rooms still the old decor?

Thanks in advance!

And here are the photos. Thanks for the research, Elin.

On August 14, 2015, the S/D Facebook page stated that all rooms have been renovated at the Swan.

Photos of renovations from S/D Facebook page

Standard King

11229561_10153133442230749_5679646873733416896_o.jpg

Alcove King with Balcony

11872069_10153133442300749_2293290994369716530_o.jpg

Alcove King

11864823_10153133442485749_6758819124225859516_o.jpg

Standard Double with Balcony

11888524_10153133442275749_7376410277691228376_o.jpg

Executive Suite

11834852_10153133442600749_3269504942182287_o.jpg

Bathroom

11879070_10153133442640749_1288350285835027143_o.jpg

Bathroom

11855855_10153133442725749_8561758508158486546_n.jpg

Grand Suite

11902884_10153133442840749_5653225274870559700_o.jpg

Renovated hallway

11888643_10153133442865749_5013986071687254933_o.jpg

Looks gorgeous! I'm envious because I had to switch my res from the Swan to the Dolphin when my mom decided to join us and we became a party of 5. Are there plans in the works to reno the Dolphin? If so what's the time line?

I'm so looking forward to returning to the Dolphin shortly. We got a great rate and decided that Epcot Food and Wine had to happen again. The best part of all, my friend hasn't been to Disney since she was 14, so she will see all the changes and get to do all the grown up stuff now! So, with that in mind, how is the SPA for a massage and facial? Any recommendations?

Tom

We finally made a decision last Friday and ended up booking the Swan for the first few nights in October before moving over to the BC. We got a decent passholder rate, cheaper than using AAA and it actually came out less than staying at POR which was one of the few options left for our dates. We are super excited to try something new and have to say that the new rooms look amazing!

Looks gorgeous! I'm envious because I had to switch my res from the Swan to the Dolphin when my mom decided to join us and we became a party of 5. Are there plans in the works to reno the Dolphin? If so what's the time line?
Yes, the Dolphin will also be renovated, I have no idea of the timeline. If you do Facebook, you might ask on the S/D FB site.

Good morning: I looked through the early pages and I need some help. This is the first time I'm staying at the Dolphin with the new Fast Pass system. So, please forgive my ignorance -- but how do I book my fastpass with a Dolphin reservation? Do I go to MDE and put the reservation that I have at the Dolphin in there?

Thanks!

Tom

Good morning: I looked through the early pages and I need some help. This is the first time I'm staying at the Dolphin with the new Fast Pass system. So, please forgive my ignorance -- but how do I book my fastpass with a Dolphin reservation? Do I go to MDE and put the reservation that I have at the Dolphin in there?

Thanks!

Tom
Yes. Put the Dolphin reservation number in your MDE. And make sure all the people, kids included, are listed on the Dolphin reservation.

So happy to be returning to these resorts for part of our Food & Wine Festival Stay in late October! 3 nights at Dolphin, then moving to Swan for 2 nights (also 5 nights at Beach Club! :goodvibes) :woohoo:

We spent Christmas week 2014 in a newly refurbished room at Swan. It was very nice, but I also enjoy the not-yet-refurbished rooms at Dolphin! :thumbsup2

Where is the Alamo car rental pick up. We will be at MK the day I pick up our car rental can I get a Bus from MK to S/D? Or is there a better way?

Where is the Alamo car rental pick up. We will be at MK the day I pick up our car rental can I get a Bus from MK to S/D? Or is there a better way?
NATIONAL & ALAMO CAR RENTAL DESK
Disney hotel guests can enjoy the convenience of on-site car rental service through National & Alamo. Located in the guest services area of the Dolphin, guests can make arrangements for automobile pickup and drop-off right at our door.

Contact National Car Rental at 1-800-CAR-RENT or Alamo at 1-800-GO-ALAMO

http://www.swandolphin.com/aboutus/transportation.html

Buses run from MK to S/D

I am SOOOO excited! We just booked out first stay at the Swan for spring break 2016. I am a teacher and my husband is an assistant principal so we are taking advantage of the 35% discount they offer school staff. We love the Wilderness Lodge, however, between the new construction and the price, we decided to try something new. We will be staying in a family room for six nights.

I have a few questions to ask to those that have stayed there before...

1) I know buses run every 15 minutes but do they go direct to the parks or do they stop at other resorts first?
2) I understand that there are walking paths to both Epcot and the resort soon to be formerly known as DHS. Is it a comfortable walk of should we plan to take the bus or boat?
3) What is the pool situation like compared to other resorts?

Thanks for any answers you might be able to provide!

Last edited:
I am SOOOO excited! We just booked out first stay at the Swan for spring break 2016. I am a teacher and my husband is an assistant principal so we are taking advantage of the 35% discount they offer school staff. We love the Wilderness Lodge, however, between the new construction and the price, we decided to try something new. We will be staying in a family room for six nights.

I have a few questions to ask to those that have stayed there before...

1) I know buses run every 15 minutes but do they go direct to the parks or do they stop at other resorts first?
2) I understand that there are walking paths to both Epcot and the resort soon to be formerly known as DHS. Is it a comfortable walk of should we plan to take the bus or boat?
3) What is the pool situation like compared to other resorts?

Thanks for any answers you might be able to provide!

Swan & Dolphin share a bus with Boardwalk Inn. Yacht & Beach Club have a separate bus. One of the things I love about staying at an Epcot resort: when leaving the parks, you can grab either the Swolphin/BWI bus or the YC/BC bus and it's an easy walk between the Epcot resorts!

The path to DHS is a lovely walk. I do it all the time (unless it's a ridiculously hot day; then I will get on the boat!)

The pool at Swolphin is awesome! There are quiet pools at each resort too, but the Grotto pool is great! :thumbsup2

Need transportation advice from someone who has stayed at the Swan/Dolphin in the last couple months. Any problems with the busses running slow? We like staying here because it's close to the parks, it's nice, and we get it free with our Starwood points, but the last time we stayed here (~3 yrs ago), the busses were running so slowly we had to call a cab 2 or 3 times to take us to the parks. And I'm talking an hour wait, sometimes longer. And with small children, waiting over an hour to go to MK is nothing short of a disaster (strangely, we had no problems catching busses back to the hotel). So, has anyone experienced anything like this recently? What is the current wait time for busses leaving from Swan/Dolphin? We have an upcoming trip in September, and I like staying here, but if it is an ongoing problem we will be forced to stay elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter