• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

All of November?????? I made my reservations in January,so last I checked(April,I think...)
nothing great. I better call to see if Nov 12 thru the 20th are included

The rates that I checked were for Nov 25 - 30. I'm not sure what the rates are for your dates, but there were good rates - just a little more, something like $203 per night before resort fee and tax - for Nov 18 - 26 also.

I find that rates change on the swan/Dolphin website frequently. I book as soon as I am able and then keep checking my dates for lower rates. When I find discounts, I just call 1 888-828-8850 and get the lower rate applied. I have been inching the rate down from the initial $249 per night over the last couple of months or so.

We are very happy to get this latest offer!!

I hope that you were able to get in on the deal as well!!!!!!

For those who stay at the Swan and Dolphin often - how do you rate the WDW transportation options to/from the parks? We normally prefer to have a car as we find it much more pleasant to drive ourselves than to wait around for buses when we're tired and then being all squished at the end of the night. But, we have a fairly short stay at the Dolphin coming up (4 park days) and I'm considering just renting for the from/to MCO days (much cheaper than Mears or a town car with 5 people). We would bus or boat to the park for RD and then use taxis to get back if we're too tired to wait on a bus. Between the cost of the car and parking at Dolphin, we would save about $300 if we skip the rental car for the days we're in the parks. That's a lot of taxi rides!

I'm wondering if you find the boats super convenient and quick to EP and HS? Also for EP, where does the boat let you off? Is it the IG or the main entrance? If it's the IG, how does the RD scenario play out? Are stuck trying to wedge your way into the stampede for Soarin or TT? How is walking to EP? Would you walk to the IG or can you walk to the parks? Any recurring issues with getting to RD on time when using WDW trans from this resort?

Also - Right now we're undecided on hoppers but it's looking likely that we will not hop (if we do then a car is a must IMO). We don't have afternoon breaks planned except possibly the day we're at HS.

(please no Disney bubble nonsense)

For those who stay at the Swan and Dolphin often - how do you rate the WDW transportation options to/from the parks? We normally prefer to have a car as we find it much more pleasant to drive ourselves than to wait around for buses when we're tired and then being all squished at the end of the night. But, we have a fairly short stay at the Dolphin coming up (4 park days) and I'm considering just renting for the from/to MCO days (much cheaper than Mears or a town car with 5 people). We would bus or boat to the park for RD and then use taxis to get back if we're too tired to wait on a bus. Between the cost of the car and parking at Dolphin, we would save about $300 if we skip the rental car for the days we're in the parks. That's a lot of taxi rides!

I'm wondering if you find the boats super convenient and quick to EP and HS? Also for EP, where does the boat let you off? Is it the IG or the main entrance? If it's the IG, how does the RD scenario play out? Are stuck trying to wedge your way into the stampede for Soarin or TT? How is walking to EP? Would you walk to the IG or can you walk to the parks? Any recurring issues with getting to RD on time when using WDW trans from this resort?

Also - Right now we're undecided on hoppers but it's looking likely that we will not hop (if we do then a car is a must IMO). We don't have afternoon breaks planned except possibly the day we're at HS.

(please no Disney bubble nonsense)
I've stayed at the Swan quite often. I find all the transportation just fine, no complaints at all. Walking to either Epcot or the Studios is easy, as is using the boats. Walking or using the boat brings you to IG. And IG is just fine for rope drop, no problems.

Buses to AK and MK are fine also. Using the bus is much easier for MK than either a car or taxi.

For those traveling after Thanksgiving In early Dec, when did you book?

I'm looking to stay Dec 2016 but wanted to get a rough idea of 2015 prices. The week after Thanksgiving is showing No availability. Want to make sure I book in time for next year.

I booked in April for first weekend of December (4-8) then canceled and rebooked on June 6th for second weekend instead (10-15th). I was booking using points and was pleasantly surprised to find the availability to make the change in plans.

Can a family of 6 use a deluxe alcove room?
Do the alcove rooms at swan ever have 2 queen beds or just a king?

We love this resort! Looking forward to our second stay here in September! Thanks for all the helpful info!

QUESTION: We are staying at the Swan this September. Last time we were there (2012) we waited sometimes over an hour for a bus to MK and AK (we had little ones and this was NOT fun). We ended up getting a taxi at least 3 separate times to these parks. Anybody have any recent bus experience at the Swan? What were the wait times like?

QUESTION: We are staying at the Swan this September. Last time we were there (2012) we waited sometimes over an hour for a bus to MK and AK (we had little ones and this was NOT fun). We ended up getting a taxi at least 3 separate times to these parks. Anybody have any recent bus experience at the Swan? What were the wait times like?
I have never had a problem with buses, but that's not to say you did not. I would say if you waited even close to a half hour, really, in excess of 20 minutes, you should let a bus driver driving any bus that comes by of the situation. They would call for a bus and one would be there quite quickly.

Just a brief review of our stay June 11-15. We had non renovated rooms in the Swan. They are still nice rooms and we had a great view of both Epcot and HS. We had 4 rooms together so upgrading would have been difficult. We opted in to the Green Plan so we got coffee and water refills hanging on our doors each day and it was easy to get more towels when needed. We had the best time hanging out at the pool and Cabana Bar/Lounge. We ate dinner there on Sunday evening and it was one of the best meals we had. The only thing I would warn people about is to make sure if there are any big conferences during your stay. On our departure day, we were given a notice that the entire pool area would be closed after 3 PM for a private event. I would have been very upset if that was my arrival day and i was planning to use the pool. I think this was our 8th or 9th time at the Swan/Dolphin and we are still very happy with this hotel and the location can't be beat.

Can a family of 6 use a deluxe alcove room?
Do the alcove rooms at swan ever have 2 queen beds or just a king?

I'm not sure, you should call the Swan directly. We've stayed in the alcove rooms with 5 (3 adults, 2 kids). We were comfortable, but there is only one bathroom and that was tricky. I think 6 of us sharing one bathroom would have been bad. The room had one king, one pull out queen sofa, and one roll away bed. I'm not sure we could have fit another bed in there.

Dan Murphy. We are staying at the Swan and plan to only visit MK. All of the other resorts near MK or too expensive. glad to hear the bus to MK was not a hassle

has anyone stayed recently with multiple rooms on points? I've heard that is no longer allowed, though I currently have four rooms booked with points (all separate reservations, but the same name/account). I would hate to arrive and be told that suddenly I'll be charged for three of the rooms, so wanted to see if that was correct.

When I checked my dates in NOV- they were 315 a night:bitelip: but I used points...so it's all good (Dolphin) also when I booked ,Swan had more availability,and it was a bit cheaper than Dolphin...I thought maybe the renovations had something to do with that? I am hoping there aren't any construction crews at Dolphin by Mid November.... to the pp's asking about buses,etc- they run the same as at the regular Disney properties...sometimes great,sometimes you wait.... it's the same schedule so I never found a difference, but I love to walk to 2 parks instead of busing it...so it always feels like less bus time to me.....:jumping1:

Anyone else trying to get reservations at either the Swan or Dolphin for Dec 1 - 4? I have 2 rooms at the Swan reserved for Thanksgiving week, until Nov 30, one on points and one for cash with the teacher rate, but it's sold out to extend through the next week due to a convention. I really don't want to have to move resorts. Does anyone have any tips on the best time/amount of days out to call for the best chance of getting a room?

Anyone else trying to get reservations at either the Swan or Dolphin for Dec 1 - 4? I have 2 rooms at the Swan reserved for Thanksgiving week, until Nov 30, one on points and one for cash with the teacher rate, but it's sold out to extend through the next week due to a convention. I really don't want to have to move resorts. Does anyone have any tips on the best time/amount of days out to call for the best chance of getting a room?
Group cut offs are usually 60 days out and then any excess rooms are returned to the general inventory.

Group cut offs are usually 60 days out and then any excess rooms are returned to the general inventory.
Thank you so much for this information. Even the rep at SPG couldn't provide me with that info when I asked him if there was a specific date I should be sure to try back considering it is a conference.

This resort is absolutely amazing. My family and I have been coming to this resort for as long as I can remember. It is not as popular as the on property resorts owned by Disney, but this also means that this resort is less crowded as the other resorts. Don't get me wrong, this resort can get pretty crowded during the holidays and throughout summer, but this resort has so much to offer.

First off, the hotels are huge! The dolphin is the bigger hotel of the two due to the convention center and having more restaurants than the swan. Personally, I prefer the swan. It is a lot quieter than the dolphin, and that is what I want after a long day in the parks (I don't want to be waiting 10-15 minutes for an elevator when I feel like my feet are going to fall off). But the prices for the rooms are A LOT cheaper than the other deluxe resort hotels on property.

Also, the resort is RIGHT NEXT TO the Boardwalk! There is an entrance through the back of Epcot (International Gateway I believe, coming in through the back/side of France). It is a good way to spend a day if you don't want to be walking around the parks. I especially love the boardwalk at night because you can see Illuminations and there are carnival games, entertainment, shops, restaurants, an arcade, and even more!

Another thing I love about this resort is the pools. Each hotel (Swan and Dolphin) has their own quiet pool closer to their hotel. Kids are welcome though! In between the two hotels, but closer to the dolphin, is a bigger pool with a waterslide. This pool is awesome! It is a great way to cool off on those hot summer days :earboy2:

Overall, this hotel is amazing and anyone would be lucky to stay here!

has anyone stayed recently with multiple rooms on points? I've heard that is no longer allowed, though I currently have four rooms booked with points (all separate reservations, but the same name/account). I would hate to arrive and be told that suddenly I'll be charged for three of the rooms, so wanted to see if that was correct.

I have always been informed that I cannot have more than room on points but I have always had separate reservations without difficulty. However, last year I was not able to make a suite reservation with points, so perhaps they are becoming even more strict? Please report back.

I have always been informed that I cannot have more than room on points but I have always had separate reservations without difficulty. However, last year I was not able to make a suite reservation with points, so perhaps they are becoming even more strict? Please report back.

Thanks, glad to hear it has worked in the past! We've never had a problem at other SPG hotel and our concierge contact (with SPG, not the Swan and Dolphin) with them did not say anything when I needed their help in linking the reservations to MDE, which was a giant pain. Hopefully since we essentially live at a Starwood property they will not hassle us too much, especially if concern was not brought up before arrival. I will definitely report back after our trip this fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter