Walmart Giftcard

mondragon

Registered
So we had an anniversary party at work and my name was drawn for a $1000 Walmart giftcard. We don't shop at Walmart so we have no idea what they sell there. Do they sell disney gift cards there? That would be the only thing I would purchase there.

I don't think they sell Disney gift cards there, but I don't know that for sure. We don't shop there either unless it's an emergency.

Your best bet is to probably either sell it to one of the reseller websites like Raise.com or use it for household items like toilet paper, personal hygiene items, or any electronics (they sell Apple products), or even for various kids gifts if you have kids or give gifts to family members' kids. I know if I had a $1000 Walmart gift card I'd just sell it to somewhere like Raise.com -- It'd take me years to spend $1,000 at Walmart!

The problem is that the closest Walmart to us is in a bad part of Miami so I have no interest in going. Really don't want to deal with selling online. Why couldn't I have won the target Giftcard.

If you're a Sam's Club member I think you can use it there. I don't have a Sam's Club near me in Oregon but I know they sell Disney gift cards online at a slight discount ($142.98 for a multi-pack of three $50 Disney gift cards). If you're not a member, you can register for a temporary guest account, but they do charge a 10% non-member fee. This would eat up the 4.68% discount on the cards, plus an additional 5.32%, but that might still be better than what you'd pay selling it on a third party website.

Just had a co worker give me some advice. You can purchase visa/AMEX gift cards with the Walmart giftcard. I read online that you can do this. Has anyone ever done anything like

Just had a co worker give me some advice. You can purchase visa/AMEX gift cards with the Walmart giftcard. I read online that you can do this. Has anyone ever done anything like

I just tried this online and it doesn't give you an option to pay with a gift card. I don't know if in-store would be any different.

I just tried this online and it doesn't give you an option to pay with a gift card. I don't know if in-store would be any different.

I was unable (online) to use a WALMART Gift card to Buy a VISA Gift Card ... too.

I assume the purchase of a non *credit card type* gift card ... would be permitted.

I ended up using my WALMART gift card at WALMART Eyecare to purchase glasses.

It does give you the option to pay with a gift card when you buy other specialty gift cards like Starbucks, Southwest, Itunes. Maybe you could use it for those?

My local Walmart store sells Disney gift cards.
You would lose 15-20% of the value selling it on Raise. That's a chunk of $ to me.

Congratulations on the win! What a great problem to have!
I'd do the Sam's Club route if you can. If you aren't a member, maybe there is a family member who would make the transaction for you?
Take your $1000 gift card, add a dollar of your own and you can get seven packs of Disney gift cards equaling $1050, so your winnings go even further.

So I shot over to Walmart this morning and purchased 5 visa gift cards. Had to pay $7 for each card. Had to get a supervisors approval since the lady at the register said I can't purchase those with a Walmart giftcard. Supervisor gave me a hard time but I explained to her it does not say on the back of the card you can't purchase visa gift cards. Walked out with $1000 in visa Giftcards which only cost me $35

Congratulations on the win! What a great problem to have!
I'd do the Sam's Club route if you can. If you aren't a member, maybe there is a family member who would make the transaction for you?
Take your $1000 gift card, add a dollar of your own and you can get seven packs of Disney gift cards equaling $1050, so your winnings go even further.
No SAMs near me. Only Costco.

Wow, some people will complain about anything. Donate it to charity if your are just too good to shop at Walmart - I'm sure there are millions of people out there who would gladly take it off your hands.

Wow, some people will complain about anything. Donate it to charity if your are just too good to shop at Walmart - I'm sure there are millions of people out there who would gladly take it off your hands.
What is your problem. Where was I complaining. I don't shop at Walmart because of the location and there are no SAMs near me. I took care of it this morning and got my $1000 in visa gift cards. Cost me only $35. Could I have donated it....sure but I want a new 35mm lens for my DSLR.

So I shot over to Walmart this morning and purchased 5 visa gift cards. Had to pay $7 for each card. Had to get a supervisors approval since the lady at the register said I can't purchase those with a Walmart giftcard. Supervisor gave me a hard time but I explained to her it does not say on the back of the card you can't purchase visa gift cards. Walked out with $1000 in visa Giftcards which only cost me $35

Congrats! I'm glad you were able to exchange it for cards that are more useful to you.

congrats! I'd have no problems spending $1000 at Wal-mart :) I prefer it over Target just because its cheaper. Most people don't like the crowd of people but I shop for best deals for my family. $1000 in visa giftcards even better :) you can shop anywhere with those. Have fun shopping :)

Why did Walmart charge you $7.00 for each card?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter