Walking Distance Hotel List w/ discussion & details of hotels

i tried searching but i couldnt find much info in the threat about the Super 8 on W Katella.

Apart from the walk time - which I don't mind.

Any other up to date info?

Hydroguy's Hotel Rule Thread made me think about this good old thread I started four years ago. I will update the information in the first post if anybody lets me know what needs to be changed.:)

Great idea!

Ramada Maingate at the Park: $5 Parking, AP Discount (currently 15%) **Perhaps add "at the Park" to its name in OP so as not to be accidentally confused w/ Ramada Maingate "North" which is not that near the park. And keep the nice pool smiley, it even has a splash zone for the kids :)

Red Lion: $15 Parking and $15 Resort Fee, there are rates that can be booked with breakfast but not free/discounted breakfast incl. in general rack rate, no hot tub :(

I just came across this thread :) The Hilton Anaheim is not listed. Does anyone know the walking distance from there?

I just came across this thread :) The Hilton Anaheim is not listed. Does anyone know the walking distance from there?
I think the walk from the Hilton is almost a mile and outside of my limit of a kilometer for the original post. It is my understanding that people do it all the time, but it is a bit of a hike. I believe the Hilton has its own shuttle to DL... edit- actually, maybe it has an ART stop and not its own shuttle.

1166 ft to the cross light at the main entrance. VERY safe. Here is a view:
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=33.810293...179152298;338092392;14055;20503;0;20235;215;0
Thank you so much for this info. I had hubby on the fence because we could have stayed further out on Hilton points and used ART but since we are first timers I got pretty insistent we stay in the "walkable zone" particularly as we are going Friday-Mon in December so the weekend crowds have a me a wee bit concerned so I want to capitalize on the time and make it to the park early with little hassle. I am a WDW vet but this is new territory and I'm so grateful for all the great info. We are booked at the Fairfield and can't wait.

I stayed at a new hotel back in April. I was told it just opened Feb 2016.
It is Holiday Inn Express Anaheim Resort Area
1411 SOUTH MANCHESTER AVENUE
ANAHEIM, CALIFORNIA 92802 UNITED STATES
It is a really nice. It is located right next door to the Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim.
The accommodations were really nice. The beds were really comfortable. I tried a room that faced I-5 and found the traffic noise was a negative. I was moved to a room on the other side of the hotel (which faced the Fairfield Marriott) and it was much better.

It is a really nice. It is located right next door to the Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim.
The accommodations were really nice. The beds were really comfortable. I tried a room that faced I-5 and found the traffic noise was a negative. I was moved to a room on the other side of the hotel (which faced the Fairfield Marriott) and it was much better.
I was looking at this place, it looks really nice. Reasonably priced, too.

Are the beds those foam type mattresses? I don't like those, although I know a lot of people do. They make me too hot! Also, how long was the walk for you from there, and which path did you take to get there? Isn't it right behind the new Courtyard Marriott? When we stayed at Ho Jo's in the past, we were able to cross the street (Harbor?) and go to the other side to avoid walking in front of all the hotels on the same side of the street as Fairfield, Tropicana, etc.

Not sure if this is well-known, but the Anabella Hotel has closed and will be rebuilt from the ground up. Right now the site is a vacant lot.

Are the beds those foam type mattresses? I don't like those, although I know a lot of people do. They make me too hot! Also, how long was the walk for you from there, and which path did you take to get there? Isn't it right behind the new Courtyard Marriott? When we stayed at Ho Jo's in the past, we were able to cross the street (Harbor?) and go to the other side to avoid walking in front of all the hotels on the same side of the street as Fairfield, Tropicana, etc.
I'm trying to remember about the mattress type and I am drawing a blank. Yes, it is right behind the new Courtyard Marriott. It is a slightly longer walk than from the Courtyard or Ho Jo's. The route is West Manchester to S Harbor.

I note that the former Super 8 on Katella is now the Kings Inn Anaheim. I will be staying there again this August, after a good visit in summer 2017 back when it was still the Super 8. ART stop is very close; I alternated between the ART and walking last time, as I had gotten a deal on a discounted bus pass (which doesn't seem to be available any more, d'oh). To my knowledge, the amenities remain the same -- no additional charge for parking, wi-fi or breakfast -- so this is still a good option for folks who want a walking-distance hotel that doesn't break the bank.

Is there a thread like this thats been updated? I know some of these hotels don't seem to be there anymore or they don't offer breakfast etc. (grand legacy at the park only offers a snack bag now I believe for example)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter