Walking Distance Hotel List w/ discussion & details of hotels

Nice compilation!

We were just at the Fairfield last week and I do concur with the information provided with the exception of "No BF". Technically, they do offer breakfast but it's not free. It's a quasi-McDonald's style breakfast menu sold through the Pizza Hut Express/Marketplace on the 3rd floor. You might change the description to $BF. "No BF" is only partially informative. There is no free breakfast but it can also mean there is no food on site. $BF implies there is food on site and it is an extra cost.

And the beds are comfy-firm. Great for stomach sleepers like me! :)

thanks!
Right, thanks! I changed breakfast reference.

I just wanted to chime in to say that my boyfriend and I stayed at the Anabella this weekend and had a very positive experience. The room seemed recently remodeled, had pretty hardwood floor and a comfy bed. The staff was very nice and we wish that we had thought to bring swim suits, because the pool was heated to eighty and looked fantastic!

The only negative was we were on the first floor and it was noisy above us. Definitely request the second floor.

It was only a five minute walk beyond Paradise Pier and a third of the cost of the cheapest quote we got from Disney, a quote that included my AP discount!

We would stay here again! I posted a review with pictures and a video the bizarre moving showerhead on my blog site alwayspackedforadventure.com

This thread has lots of helpful info on the hotels in the area. Thanks for keeping it updated. I have posted a link to it in several threads requesting help with hotels.

This seems like it would be a good sticky thread since so many people ask for this exact information. Of course, I found this thread after I had already done a lot of the research on these hotels. This thread still helps since so many people have contributed updated information and you have kept it current.

Just wondering if any one has stayed here? From reading the distance, it is about the same distance as the Stovall. I'm just wondering how the rooms and breakfast were????:confused3

This is a great thread!:thumbsup2 Just a quick question are they listed by which hotel/motel you think is the closest? Can anyone tell me if they had cereal and milk and the DI&S BF?

Just wondering if any one has stayed here? From reading the distance, it is about the same distance as the Stovall. I'm just wondering how the rooms and breakfast were????:confused3

Use the search feature on the first page of the forums- I remember reading threads about this place :)

This is a great thread!:thumbsup2 Just a quick question are they listed by which hotel/motel you think is the closest?
I tried to do actual walking distance from the hotel to the pedestrian entrance, either to the west or east side of the Esplanade. Although I've checked and rearranged a couple of places over the last year, if you see something out of order, let me know.

I tried to do actual walking distance from the hotel to the pedestrian entrance, either to the west or east side of the Esplanade. Although I've checked and rearranged a couple of places over the last year, if you see something out of order, let me know.

OH no! I was just curious how you arranged it. We chose to do DI&S this time and the first time we went to DL 5 years ago we stayed and BWPPI and thought the walk was amazing! After that we stayed at HOJO which is a really nice hotel. But the walk is a bit further. With 5 kids in tow we want to be closer!

When I considered the walking distance for Stoval, I considered using the west-side, GCH/DTD entrance which would be closer than walking from the Peacock to the east pedestrian entrance, so that's the reasoning there.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has stayed at the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn recently? I got a good rate, but was also considering staying at the Howard Johnson. The close proximity of the BW is probably going to seal the deal for me, but wanted to know what others' experiences there were like.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has stayed at the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn recently? I got a good rate, but was also considering staying at the Howard Johnson. The close proximity of the BW is probably going to seal the deal for me, but wanted to know what others' experiences there were like.

We stayed in early November. It was ok. Clean, friendly staff, and everything worked appropriately. The parking is self parking and is very limited. I ended up having to park a ways from the room. The only thing I did not like is that we were on the bottom floor near the office, and had a lot of traffic walking by our room all day. I recommend staying in a room that is further away from the office.

I agree with the post above about Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn. GOOD PART: LOCATION was great, cross the street and your home. Rooms were nice, kind of big.

BAD PART: The so call free breakfast was so bad I went to McDonalds down the street. Breakfast Room was real crowded and hot. Cold food was hot and hot food was gone, they put out a limited amount of hot food from a box. Drinks were room temperature.

Parking is real tight (you can’t open your doors fully) and you will park away from your room since there is no extra parking space. DO NOT lose your parking pass it could cost you $100 dollars. Check the date on the parking pass they had us for 1 day when we stayed 3. They could have charged us for the 2 other days. You can leave your car the last day till 3pm after that your car has to move or pay a lot.:hourglass

Knowing these things I would still stay there again for the location but if you can get a better rate on the street it would be okay to stay somewhere else. All the hotels on the street are that close to Disneyland. Think the distance of your mall from one end to the other. 2013

That's you guys. I think we'll just go with it. We'll hardly be in the room at all, and te rate I got averaged out at about 120 a night.

DL newbie here, and I've booked Fairfield Inn (based on a friend's recommendation) for our trip in early October (for the Halloween party)....question....how far of a walk is it to the entrance? I ask because of costumes (heavy costumes)....is there an easy way to get to the entrance? What about safety? Still safe in this area for "walkers"?, assuming we will feel like walking with the heavy costumes... ;)

Thanks in advance....

DL newbie here, and I've booked Fairfield Inn (based on a friend's recommendation) for our trip in early October (for the Halloween party)....question....how far of a walk is it to the entrance? I ask because of costumes (heavy costumes)....is there an easy way to get to the entrance? What about safety? Still safe in this area for "walkers"?, assuming we will feel like walking with the heavy costumes... ;)

Thanks in advance....
1166 ft to the cross light at the main entrance. VERY safe. Here is a view:
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=33.810293...179152298;338092392;14055;20503;0;20235;215;0

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter