• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walking Distance Hotel List w/ discussion & details of hotels

The breakfast I believe is from 7am -10 am. They seem to try and make sure that people can eat before heading out. During the marathon they even did a special breakfast at 3 am so that those participating could eat if they wanted to. I thought that was a pretty nice touch.

Thank you! That's good news. I can scarf something down pretty quick if need be.

At the Anaheim Hilton, make sure you add $20 a day for parking and if you use the internet $10 more.

For me, Hilton and Menage are too far to walk comfortably.

That said, we stay at the Hilton frequently, and usually book their "Early Bird Special" which is prepay and get 2 breakfasts, which are excellent.

Thanks for the feedback! :goodvibes

Unfortunately my traveling companion (DL vet) nixed the Hilton saying it was too far. :sad1:

She liked the CCI on one trip, and likes the looks of the Menage. Still looking for a good deal on CCI but found Menage for under $500.00 for five nights so who knows...

This thread is great! I was interested in the Red Lion for I could get a great deal there with my AAA card. Was curious on distance though. Couldn't find it on the map (maybe I'm blind?) Reviews are so mixed on the place I would love reviews here. How far of a walk is it really? I've read anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes.

No kids, just me and the boyfriend. :)

Red Lion is on the NE corner of Katella and Harbor. I would say it is closer to a 10-15 minute walk.
edit: Nope, I think I'm wrong. Its just south of Katella on the east side of Harbor.

We just returned from spending last weekend at Park Vue. The rooms were large and clean. The beds were amazing! The one complaint was that the food for the breakfast and the afternoon stuff was HORRIBLE. The quality was really bad. We all laughed that we could see through the bacon, it was so thin and flavorless!

In my experience, Best Western Park Place Inn is usually $10-20 per night higher [not counting parking fee] than Best Western Anaheim Inn (list shows the other way around.)
Happy those Disers who stayed at the Plaza recently had good experiences; when we stayed a year or so ago it was so dirty I tried to change hotels but couldn't find an available room on Harbor on such late notice.

In my experience, Best Western Park Place Inn is usually $10-20 per night higher [not counting parking fee] than Best Western Anaheim Inn (list shows the other way around.)
Happy those Disers who stayed at the Plaza recently had good experiences; when we stayed a year or so ago it was so dirty I tried to change hotels but couldn't find an available room on Harbor on such late notice.
Thanks. I switched the price around.

I very much disliked the Park Vue when we stayed... it was dirty, there were power issues in the room (two hair dryers on at once tripped the breaker...), the parking lot did not have enough spaces to accommodate all its guests, AND we found a packet of marijuana in the nightstand drawer!!

We've stayed three times at the Desert Inn. The first and second times were good... it's basic, but clean(er) than Park Vue, but we found a cockroach in our room at the beginning of our third stay. Needless to say, we contacted the front desk and requested a new room... they were quick to help and got our luggage to the next room very promptly.

DH and I will drive up from San Diego for either day trips and then again we will stay overnight.

We have stayed at CCI, HoJo's, Best Western and then on Sept. 11-12-13, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Katella.

It's about a 12 minute walk from HIE to DL. The hotel has free breakfast (6-10am), free wifi and free parking. Each room also has a free fridge for your use. The price was $92.00 per night, pls tax. The hotel was very clean. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. We had a lovely quiet room on the 4th floor.

Oh and the HIE is not listed on the BB Registry! :thumbsup2

All in all a really nice stay!

HTH! :goodvibes

We stayed at the Park Vue Inn this weekend. The first room we got had a nasty odor (it was a regular room downstairs). We left the door open for half an hour but it still smelled really bad so we went to the front office and they switched us to another room upstairs. This room had a bunkbed. It did not smell and the kids loved the bunkbeds. The one thing that was scary is that my son almost fell off the bunkbed. They use two large matresses on the top bunk so the guard rail is useless. Luckily dh was up late and saw one of his legs hanging off the bed:scared1: He immediately and somewhat painfully( Hard to get a sleeping child off a top bunk) layed him on the bottom bunk so dh, dd and I had to sleep together on the other bed. The next day we had booked a suite so our stuff was moved for us. This room also had an odor but not as bad as the bottom room. The beds were very comfy and we genuinly enjoyed the room. I had a cold so I spent a good part of Saturday in the room. Had I not had a cold I'm not sure if I would have been able to stand the odor though. By Sunday morning the kids also noticed the odor but they still loved the room. The breakfast was okay for us but we're not picky. No amazing food but we all ate and it was a warm breakfast that filled us up until lunch time. Overall we might stay there in the future if we couldn't find a cleaner place within the neighboring hotels. I'd want to try the Best Western suites first.

Wow, I am surprised about the recent Park Vue reviews.

I will go ahead and add Holiday Inn Express to the OP at the recommendation of momrek06. Thanks for the information.

We just returned from spending last weekend at Park Vue. The rooms were large and clean. The beds were amazing! The one complaint was that the food for the breakfast and the afternoon stuff was HORRIBLE. The quality was really bad. We all laughed that we could see through the bacon, it was so thin and flavorless!

I agree with this 100%. I wouldn't factor in the food to be a "plus" in terms of value for your $$. My DH and kids ate a few bites, but overall, it wasn't stuff i'd normally ever feed my kids.

We stayed 2 nights in August in a suite (2Q/sofabed). The overall quality of the room was poor- no odors, but the room wasn't what I would call "clean" and the furnishings were dated and beat up.

We would only stay again if we really needed a suite and couldn't find one elsewhere. The location was great.

What about Residence Inn Maingate? We're staying there at the end of the month (aye yi yi that's next week!) because we received a Marriott gift card. We've stayed at Fairfield Inn, CCI, Hojo's, and DI&S. I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm thinking we should get ART passes though. Our limit has been Hojo's in the past...wdyt?

Just got back and stayed at the Red Lion. LOVED IT! The only negative was that the room was TEENY TINY. But clean and nice - great atmosphere.

I want to know where people are getting these $75/night rates though. We paid $99/night which included free parking everyday and free breakfast for each adult (kids eat free). The breakfast is HOT and cold food and definitely worth the $9.95 although we didn't have to pay as it was included.

I have the Red Lion booked again the first week in October for 4 nights at $99/night again with the free parking and free breakfast everyday. Can I get it cheaper?

Just got back and stayed at the Red Lion. LOVED IT! The only negative was that the room was TEENY TINY. But clean and nice - great atmosphere.

I want to know where people are getting these $75/night rates though. We paid $99/night which included free parking everyday and free breakfast for each adult (kids eat free). The breakfast is HOT and cold food and definitely worth the $9.95 although we didn't have to pay as it was included.

I have the Red Lion booked again the first week in October for 4 nights at $99/night again with the free parking and free breakfast everyday. Can I get it cheaper?

From reading this and/or other threads, it sounded to me like the $75/night rates may hinge on people getting parking fees waived for various reasons (which could be as simple as just asking, or as unpleasant as having some sort of problem and getting parking comped). If you have to add parking to the $75/night, you're at $89...just a breakfast away from your $99 rate.

Glad you enjoyed your stay! I'll be trying them out pretty soon now.

Thanks!

I also have heard that people think it's a far walk but it's not. I mean it's not right across the street, but we have 2 little kids and a double stroller and didn't mind the walk at all. I also heard that you can walk around back and catch the Toy Story lots shuttle if you need to. My parents may want to do that when we go back in 3 weeks...

What about Residence Inn Maingate? We're staying there at the end of the month (aye yi yi that's next week!) because we received a Marriott gift card. We've stayed at Fairfield Inn, CCI, Hojo's, and DI&S. I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm thinking we should get ART passes though. Our limit has been Hojo's in the past...wdyt?
We stayed there several years ago, and our friends stayed there this year. Most guests use the shuttle. The walk is a little long and lonely.

I found a book that lists the approximate walking times for most of the hotels so I changed the order of the list by minutes (shortest walk to longest). I also added a couple hotels and I will add the information for those tomorrow or the next day.

Just a wee little bump...

This a great thread for comparing prices/distances for the various hotels. :)

Right now we're back to looking hard at the Anabella, but the room reviews on Trip Advisor have me a little spooked.

There are so many negative reviews for the Anabella that's it's making me wonder how good or bad it really is? Especially for the price over NYE - at 169.00 a night it's kind of pricey when Red Lion can be booked for only 89.00 a night so yikes! :eek:

:goodvibes Thanks for the bump. I decided to add some the missing information in the OP. The Anabella was one that I fixed. It has a lot of hidden fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter