Walking Distance Hotel List w/ discussion & details of hotels

We just stayed at the Ramada Maingate for $64.25 per night. It was great. Here's a link to my review with pics.

You really got a super deal! I couldn't book more than 1 1/2 months ahead for my stay due to our family's unknown schedule this fall... and I needed a refundable rate in case of emergency, so I had to pay a little more. I was able to reserve the deluxe two queen for $100.

You really got a super deal! I couldn't book more than 1 1/2 months ahead for my stay due to our family's unknown schedule this fall... and I needed a refundable rate in case of emergency, so I had to pay a little more. I was able to reserve the deluxe two queen for $100.

Be sure to call the hotel and ask to apply the tripadvisor $10 off per night coupon if you didn't already! And make sure you request a renovated room!

This Thanksgiving Weekend we're staying at Best Western Stovall's for $65 per night!! I got it through LMT I knew that I was getting that hotel *you bid with out knowing till you've paid* cause I read this great tip!

Please let us all know how it went when you get back! I went ahead and booked BWPPI via their own website for my December trip as I couldn't find any recent reviews of completed stays using LMT. I had read some very unfavorable reviews (of LMT hotel reservations, not of Stovall's) but they were all a couple of years old. If a fellow Disboard-er gives a good review, I won't hesitate next time to book my hotel through LMT. $65 is an AWESOME price for Stovall's! :thumbsup2

This Thanksgiving Weekend we're staying at Best Western Stovall's for $65 per night!! I got it through LMT I knew that I was getting that hotel *you bid with out knowing till you've paid* cause I read this great tip!

I used it too to get Anaheim Quality Inn and Suites for $40 per night. We're broke college kids, so we want to do Disney on a super duper budget. Plus we've stayed there before so we know it's okay enough for our standards. Glad to know more people are using "the tip" xD.

We're trying to find a place to stay for the end of Sept/begin of Oct this year (yes, I know - just a few weeks away!)

We're so used to staying at WDW, that trying to find a decent hotel without spending a fortune is killing me!

Any thoughts on the Carousel Inn??

I loved the the Carousel. The walk was very, very short!! The only issue I had was the rooms were to small for our liking (the bathroom was huge though). The room also seemed to be crowded with furniture. There wasn't much room to walk around. We were in a King room right next door to the room where they have the continental breakfast and didn't have any issues with noise.

I can say that Castle Inn should stay as a "place-of-last-resort" (but it is very inexpensive and close if that is all you are looking at).

I really like to hear the comments of other DISers.

We stayed at the Castle Inn in January and were pleasantly surprised- the room was very spacious, we had a view of the TOT, the walk was quick and the hotel room was soooo clean- I am a clean freak and the place was cleaned and cleaned well- I remember I spilled a bit of oatmeal and picked up all the big pieces and some of the crumbs/dust was left on the couch/carpet- gone after house keeping! Beds were comfy- what more do you want :)
We got a great deal with Allegiant (3 of us flying and staying for under $500 for 3 nights total for flights and hotel) and I would stay there again :)

We stayed at the Castle Inn in January and were pleasantly surprised- the room was very spacious, we had a view of the TOT, the walk was quick and the hotel room was soooo clean- I am a clean freak and the place was cleaned and cleaned well- I remember I spilled a bit of oatmeal and picked up all the big pieces and some of the crumbs/dust was left on the couch/carpet- gone after house keeping! Beds were comfy- what more do you want :)
We got a great deal with Allegiant (3 of us flying and staying for under $500 for 3 nights total for flights and hotel) and I would stay there again :)

That is helpful to know. This is the second positive review I've seen about the Castle Inn. It may be a good indication that management has changed there.

I notice a lot of people don't mention the Portofino Inn and Suites when talking about places within walking distance. We've stayed there the last two falls, and plan to stay there again this fall. The first year I was apprehensive as we didn't even bring a stroller and I had 2 four-year-olds, but the walk was short - about 10 minutes, and there weren't any complaints even on the way home from an open-to-close day at DL.

:)

I've updated the thread and added in the Portofino. Thank you modmama!

I notice a lot of people don't mention the Portofino Inn and Suites when talking about places within walking distance. We've stayed there the last two falls, and plan to stay there again this fall. The first year I was apprehensive as we didn't even bring a stroller and I had 2 four-year-olds, but the walk was short - about 10 minutes, and there weren't any complaints even on the way home from an open-to-close day at DL.

We stayed there in Feb and didn't think it was a bad walk at all!

For Red Lion, it's worth noting that you can waive parking fees on request (since a lot of guests may not use cars). Wether it matters or not: fireworks view rooms are great.

Your list of amenities could also include free wired internet in addition to wifi (so helpful!) as well as iPod dock alarm clock/radios and high end electronics, nice pool and work out area.

The average price I saw was around 70-75 a night (we paid 73.50 for a premium king fireworks view room which is listed at around 100 on their website), so I would probably knock it down a bit on the OP just because the discounts are very easy to comeby for them.

Also it's not farther than Candy Cane Inn (less than half a block) so I wouldn't list it as 'a little farther' than a fair number on the list. It's closer than the Alpine if you factor in having to walk around the back side of he park and a much shorter walk than Hotel Menage which is also in the 'little farther' category.

For Red Lion, it's worth noting that you can waive parking fees on request (since a lot of guests may not use cars). Wether it matters or not: fireworks view rooms are great.

Your list of amenities could also include free wired internet in addition to wifi (so helpful!) as well as iPod dock alarm clock/radios and high end electronics, nice pool and work out area.

The average price I saw was around 70-75 a night (we paid 73.50 for a premium king fireworks view room which is listed at around 100 on their website), so I would probably knock it down a bit on the OP just because the discounts are very easy to comeby for them.

Also it's not farther than Candy Cane Inn (less than half a block) so I wouldn't list it as 'a little farther' than a fair number on the list. It's closer than the Alpine if you factor in having to walk around the back side of he park and a much shorter walk than Hotel Menage which is also in the 'little farther' category.

I added wired wi-fi and changed the price to $75. I chose the amenities most important to my family, but information on the pool, work-out room, and electronics is interesting. Many of these hotels have their own little perks, including strollers to rent, remodeled rooms, high-quality bedding, early check-in, separate living room, convenience store, etc. that is beyond the scope of the OP at the moment.

All of these hotels are an easy walk for many. I chose to use the hotels located in the yellow area of the map (link in OP) as "a little farther" (except Alpine Inn, which I labeled "a little farther") to keep it clear for me, but its really just a matter of a few minutes between all of these hotels.

Thank you for the input!

Thanks for this thread - it has come in helpful while deciding where to stay. :goodvibes

So far I'm down to (in order of price for my dates):

Anaheim Hilton
Park Vue Inn
Hotel Menage
Candy Cane Inn

I don't see the Anaheim Hilton on your list though - maybe I just missed it?

Anyhow, thanks! :)

Thanks for this thread - it has come in helpful while deciding where to stay. :goodvibes

So far I'm down to (in order of price for my dates):

Anaheim Hilton
Park Vue Inn
Hotel Menage
Candy Cane Inn

I don't see the Anaheim Hilton on your list though - maybe I just missed it?

Anyhow, thanks! :)
At the Anaheim Hilton, make sure you add $20 a day for parking and if you use the internet $10 more.

For me, Hilton and Menage are too far to walk comfortably.

That said, we stay at the Hilton frequently, and usually book their "Early Bird Special" which is prepay and get 2 breakfasts, which are excellent.

We love the Carousel and will be going back again in a couple months and look forward to our stay there. That said, the one hitch was that the rooms are small. Because of our family shape and size we had to get a roll away bed for DS and the room was simply not big enough to accommodate that comfortably for a week. It would have been tough with a crib, too. The beds were smallish and with the baby and I in one, DS (teen) and DH could not comfortably share the other. If you have two big kids they may not be able to share a bed and the rollaway in a standard room is a pain.

They DO offer a larger room and a number of suite options, though.

This thread is great! I was interested in the Red Lion for I could get a great deal there with my AAA card. Was curious on distance though. Couldn't find it on the map (maybe I'm blind?) Reviews are so mixed on the place I would love reviews here. How far of a walk is it really? I've read anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes.

No kids, just me and the boyfriend. :)

Does anyone know if the Park Vue opens breakfast early on MM days?

The breakfast I believe is from 7am -10 am. They seem to try and make sure that people can eat before heading out. During the marathon they even did a special breakfast at 3 am so that those participating could eat if they wanted to. I thought that was a pretty nice touch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter