Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour 2016 Questions

I must have been lucky, we had no problem with the provided earpieces. Completely forgot they were there most the time.

I'm wondering, is it worth it to do the tour twice? We did this tour when we first went to DLR in 2013 (when you could still see Walt's apartment and Club 33) and we are heading back there in DLR in June. I would love to see the Dream suite and my DH and I love Walt Disney history, so I am just wondering would it be worth it for us to do this tour again? I know the dialect will be the same, but seeing the Dream Suite would be pretty amazing. What do you all think?

I'm wondering, is it worth it to do the tour twice? We did this tour when we first went to DLR in 2013 (when you could still see Walt's apartment and Club 33) and we are heading back there in DLR in June. I would love to see the Dream suite and my DH and I love Walt Disney history, so I am just wondering would it be worth it for us to do this tour again? I know the dialect will be the same, but seeing the Dream Suite would be pretty amazing. What do you all think?

I've done it twice, once by myself with the apartment and Club 33, and a second time with my family last year when they switched to the Dream Suite. I found it just as enjoyable the second time, although part of that was probably watching my daughter's reactions to everything.

I'm doing it to see the Dream Suite. I think I saw it in 2012 or so when they first started showing Walt's apartment.

Thank you for your responses. I talked it over with DH and he said he would really like to do this tour again when we are there. He says that it is sad that they took away Walt's Apartment and Club 33, but the Dream Suite is a really nice alternative and one we would both love to see. Not sure if my kids will want to do the tour again or not (they are on the fence), even though they really enjoyed it the last time, I think they are leaning more towards going off by themselves to ride rides (they are old enough and have phones) while mom and dad enjoys it again :goodvibes.

Have any APs done the AP tour yet? Just wondering what the special treats look like. Thanks!

Has anyone done the DCA tour? We did the tour at DL back in 2014 and am wondering if it would be interesting to do the DCA one. My DD loves all the stuff about Walt's career just as much as the park stuff.

Has anyone done the DCA tour? We did the tour at DL back in 2014 and am wondering if it would be interesting to do the DCA one. My DD loves all the stuff about Walt's career just as much as the park stuff.

My daughter and I are doing it in a couple of weeks; I'll report back!

Just curious if you and your daughter did the tour and how you liked it, if you wouldn't mine sharing?

We did! It was a big hit-- we started out with the tour guide talking about Walt's arrival to Hollywood and starting in the film business while strolling down Buena Vista Street wit her pointing out all the historical references. We then did the (for me) highlight of the tour-- a visit inside Club 1901. Overall, the tour was a bit rambling compared to the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, I think primarily because WiWF has such a strong narrative; they're actually telling the story of creating the place you're walking around in, so the story is very closely tied to the place you're touring. With the CA Adventure tour, it's a bit of a different beast-- they're trying to shoehorn the story of Walt's Hollywood years into a tour of CA Adventure, and it doesn't always work seamlessly.

That being said, it was still VERY enjoyable, and I learned a lot about those years in Walt's life. We got to go on three attractions (Toy Story, Soarin, and Radiator Springs) with no waiting. Usually, it's only two of those, so we got extra lucky that day to hit three big headliners like that with no waiting.

We did! It was a big hit-- we started out with the tour guide talking about Walt's arrival to Hollywood and starting in the film business while strolling down Buena Vista Street wit her pointing out all the historical references. We then did the (for me) highlight of the tour-- a visit inside Club 1901. Overall, the tour was a bit rambling compared to the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, I think primarily because WiWF has such a strong narrative; they're actually telling the story of creating the place you're walking around in, so the story is very closely tied to the place you're touring. With the CA Adventure tour, it's a bit of a different beast-- they're trying to shoehorn the story of Walt's Hollywood years into a tour of CA Adventure, and it doesn't always work seamlessly. That being said, it was still VERY enjoyable, and I learned a lot about those years in Walt's life. We got to go on three attractions (Toy Story, Soarin, and Radiator Springs) with no waiting. Usually, it's only two of those, so we got extra lucky that day to hit three big headliners like that with no waiting.
Thank you, Mousequake, and that was really quick, too! Sounds like another cool tour! Is it as expensive as the WiWF tour, (that's $109!)? We plan on the Walt tour this first trip, but hope to go back in two years and I think we'd probably do this tour that time, it definitely sounds interesting! I love learning about Walt and his life and how he started all of this Disney craziness, lol!

We have considered taking this tour for years. I thought I might surprise my husband with it this time, but I'd like to confirm one thing with anyone who has been on it lately.

I know attractions can change anytime, but do they definitely not include Peter Pan anymore? They used to include Peter Pan, and getting on that without a wait would make the cost a bit more worth it.

We have considered taking this tour for years. I thought I might surprise my husband with it this time, but I'd like to confirm one thing with anyone who has been on it lately.

I know attractions can change anytime, but do they definitely not include Peter Pan anymore? They used to include Peter Pan, and getting on that without a wait would make the cost a bit more worth it.

We did the tour in March and there was no Peter Pan. We did Alice And HM and Lincoln

Yes. I did it solo with Walt's Apt (C33 was down for Reno, but I had been in it both pre and post-reno, so no biggie for me), and just recently took the entire family on it again with the Dream Suite. Completely different tour from last time. Loved it.

Doing this tour next Friday. I'm very excited, though I'm the only one in my party to do it. I'll meet up with them after.

Hey all! Has anyone done the tour recently? Just wondering what exactly you did and saw. My friends are contemplating going when we go in October and would like to know what to expect and if it would be worth it for them (they are huge Disney history buffs and know probably a lot more history of the man and the parks than most people). Thanks!

I did it (I'm the poster ahead of you!) on Friday, July 1st. It was fabulous. We rode Alice and PotC (HM was down so a quick change was made). We spent a solid hour in the Dream Suite. I knew more about some aspects of Disneyland than our guide, but I still learned a LOT. Our group was a little unique in that there were only three of us on the tour - our guide said she'd NEVER seen a group quite that small before.

My DH let me do the tour by myself, judging that he wasn't enough of a Disneyana buff to make it worthwhile, but, honestly, the Dream Suite is worth the price of admission, and, now that we'll have an AP discount this year, I'm going to try to get him to take it, too. My DD8 would LOVE it. In addition, the lunch and souvenir pin (this sucker would go for $30 or more in the Pin area of World of Disney) add even more value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter