Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour 2016 Questions

If anyone could share a bit of info, that would be much appreciated! Wondering a few things about Walt's tour. Is this tour offered on weekends and all week days? And, is it offered once or twice in a day and about what time? I'm assuming they allow about 10-16 or so guests( like other WDW tours we've done). Is there a day that may be better to take the tour on than another? We only have six park days we'll be doing the week we are there and wondering if it matters to try to book the tour on a weekday that's expected to be busier or lighter crowds, or if that matters? One more thing, we'll probably have an ECV with us, are guests allowed on the tour with one if they can do some walking for the rides, lunch, and the apt? Wouldn't want to bother others guests but can't do the distances in the parks. TIA!

The available days/times I was looking at are next Friday and next Saturday, so I'm assuming the tours are available each day of the week. Available times for those dates were 9:30 and 10:30 am. I don't know if the tours are scheduled later in the day or not. I would most definitely call and ask about your other questions, like the ECV. I do know as of right now the tour does not visit Walt's apartment but you do get to go in the Dream Suite which is upstairs above Pirates. I don't know if there is an alternate way to get up there such as an elevator or ramp or if it's just stairs.

The available days/times I was looking at are next Friday and next Saturday, so I'm assuming the tours are available each day of the week. Available times for those dates were 9:30 and 10:30 am. I don't know if the tours are scheduled later in the day or not. I would most definitely call and ask about your other questions, like the ECV. I do know as of right now the tour does not visit Walt's apartment but you do get to go in the Dream Suite which is upstairs above Pirates. I don't know if there is an alternate way to get up there such as an elevator or ramp or if it's just stairs.

They take you up to the Dream Suite via elevator; I believe it's fully ADA compliant.

Thank you for sharing that info, firefly87! I can do the stairs if needed, I mainly have the ECV for doing the all day walking, knees cannot do several or more miles a day and for several days in a row.

They take you up to the Dream Suite via elevator; I believe it's fully ADA compliant.

Thanks, Mousequake, that's good to know! Depending how knees are doing and at what point in trip we do the tour, good to know do have an elevator!

How far in advance can you book the tour?
We are there in Aug and would like to do it.

So I did the tour this past Saturday, Jan 23 and thought I'd update you all. We had a lovely tour guide named Jessie and there were about 12 people in the group. We walked around Town Square, Main St, castle, Fantasyland, Frontierland, New Orleans Square. We did the Alice ride and Great Moments with Mr Lincoln.....which I was grateful for the time to rest my feet as I was exhausted but that time in our trip, but I don't really consider that a "ride". Its ok though. Like I said, I was super tired and thankful for the rest! lol Tour started at 10:30 am and we did lunch at the very end of the tour at 1 pm. By then I was super hungry!! We looked at the menu before the tour started and picked an entree, dessert and drink. They had it all on the tables at the tour check-in place when we got back there. Our group ordered the Caprese Sandwich, Roast Beef & Cheddar Sandwich, Turkey Sandwich and for dessert we had the Macaroon cookie and Mickey sugar cookie. Was all great!

The Dream Suite was amazing!! All the details that went into it were just really cool. I don't want to say too much to spoil it for anyone who is taking the tour. :) We were not able to take any pictures of the rooms but they did allow us to take one picture in front of the fireplace. (Btw, we took an elevator to get up there and stairs to get down but if you needed to take the elevator back down, I'm sure its not a problem)

We also each received a Walk in Walt's Footsteps button pin that had our names on them and at the end, we received a commemorative Walk in Walt's Footsteps pin. Our group really enjoyed the tour and are glad we did it.

So I did the tour this past Saturday, Jan 23 and thought I'd update you all. We had a lovely tour guide named Jessie and there were about 12 people in the group. We walked around Town Square, Main St, castle, Fantasyland, Frontierland, New Orleans Square. We did the Alice ride and Great Moments with Mr Lincoln.....which I was grateful for the time to rest my feet as I was exhausted but that time in our trip, but I don't really consider that a "ride". Its ok though. Like I said, I was super tired and thankful for the rest! lol Tour started at 10:30 am and we did lunch at the very end of the tour at 1 pm. By then I was super hungry!! We looked at the menu before the tour started and picked an entree, dessert and drink. They had it all on the tables at the tour check-in place when we got back there. Our group ordered the Caprese Sandwich, Roast Beef & Cheddar Sandwich, Turkey Sandwich and for dessert we had the Macaroon cookie and Mickey sugar cookie. Was all great!

The Dream Suite was amazing!! All the details that went into it were just really cool. I don't want to say too much to spoil it for anyone who is taking the tour. :) We were not able to take any pictures of the rooms but they did allow us to take one picture in front of the fireplace. (Btw, we took an elevator to get up there and stairs to get down but if you needed to take the elevator back down, I'm sure its not a problem)

We also each received a Walk in Walt's Footsteps button pin that had our names on them and at the end, we received a commemorative Walk in Walt's Footsteps pin. Our group really enjoyed the tour and are glad we did it.

Thanks for sharing about your tour, as well as the elevator/stairs part! Sounds like it was really good. Glad you enjoyed a great tour!

Thank you for sharing your tour! I plan on going on the tour in February, so hopefully we won't be drenched and will also have a good experience. :)

Thank you for sharing your tour! I plan on going on the tour in February, so hopefully we won't be drenched and will also have a good experience. :)

The day we did our tour was the only day there was a chance of rain during our trip. I had a poncho & umbrella in my backpack just in case. It did start to rain on us a bit and just when it got to the point of "should be put on our ponchos?", the rain stopped! So hopefully you won't get too wet either!

February is AP Days, with a bunch of special events for annual passholders. One of the events is special times for the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. I'm understanding that there may be some things added to the tour for the AP groups, but have no idea what that might be. I booked a tour for the wife and I so we'll see how it is. Probably going to be raining - but I've always loved rainy days at the park anyway.

February is AP Days, with a bunch of special events for annual passholders. One of the events is special times for the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. I'm understanding that there may be some things added to the tour for the AP groups, but have no idea what that might be. I booked a tour for the wife and I so we'll see how it is. Probably going to be raining - but I've always loved rainy days at the park anyway.

I called this morning about the AP tour. I was told there is a 10:30 tour daily for APs only. You do get a special dessert and lithograph, but I was not told of any other additions. I did not ask about February 6, but the other 3 Saturdays are already booked.

I called this morning about the AP tour. I was told there is a 10:30 tour daily for APs only. You do get a special dessert and lithograph, but I was not told of any other additions. I did not ask about February 6, but the other 3 Saturdays are already booked.
Yeah, I'm going on a Tuesday, so the reservation was easy.

It's been a while since I've been at the park right at opening. With the new security, how hard is it getting in to the ticket booths and such early? On the day of my 10:30am tour, they want us at the meeting point at 10:00am, and the park opens at 10 that day. Sounds like it'll be a chaotic mess trying to get through security to the ticket booth will call to pick up my tour tickets, then in the gate to the tour spot. It looks like there is the Magic Morning thing at 9am that day, so I'm not sure how that plays into it all.

It's been a while since I've been at the park right at opening. With the new security, how hard is it getting in to the ticket booths and such early? On the day of my 10:30am tour, they want us at the meeting point at 10:00am, and the park opens at 10 that day. Sounds like it'll be a chaotic mess trying to get through security to the ticket booth will call to pick up my tour tickets, then in the gate to the tour spot. It looks like there is the Magic Morning thing at 9am that day, so I'm not sure how that plays into it all.

The security screenings were the usual ones where they look in your bags but there was also an extra security screening to the side where you walk through a metal detector sort of thing. Not everyone gets picked for it but I swear, every time we went through 1 or 2 of our group got picked. Eventually we all just started walking over to it once we got through the bag check area. lol I would say it added about 30 seconds more to our time.....hardly anything at all. But, we were there before rope drop so the crowds weren't too bad at that time.

We got to our tour check-in a little after 10 am. I stood in line behind another tour guest and then checked in. They verified the names of people in my group and gave us our tour pins with our names. We went and sat down after that. While we were sitting they brought us a menu to pick our lunches and then they brought out the head sets for everyone. We had plenty of time before the tour started so my guess is they tell you to check in 30 minutes prior just to give yourself time to get that done....and make a restroom stop before the tour starts!

We're going on a Thursday in February, so we'll see what kind of crowd we'll have that day. :)

Just to follow up, we did the tour on Tuesday the 9th, and it was great. We went on Alice and Haunted Mansion (though there was zero line at the haunted mansion, so it's not like that gained us much). We went in the dream suite as well, which was very nice - but not really 'In Walt's Footsteps' since it was all done in the last decade or so. The guide for the tour, as well as the separate guide for the dream suite, were really great though, and the audio headsets made the entire experience much more pleasant than having to listen to the guide yelling over crowds would have been.

Just a tip if you bring your own comfortable headphones they will work just fine with the DL audio packs and you won't be stuck with the (to me anyway) horribly uncomforatable ones they give out.

Just a tip if you bring your own comfortable headphones they will work just fine with the DL audio packs and you won't be stuck with the (to me anyway) horribly uncomforatable ones they give out.

We used our own as well, worked great!!

Yes, great tip. I was afraid the provided headphones wouldn't fit my 8-year-old daughter well, so we brought our own. Saved a lot of headache.

We didn't know this and didn't bring any. My dad couldn't get his to work and that style really hurts my ears (I used to have to wear them for work and still have them!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter