Wal Greens Gift Cards

Oz!

DIS DAD #459
I received a Wal Greens gift card the other day and was wondering if anybody knows if I can use the gift card to buy another gift card for WDW.

I have done it a few times this year already. I have some more Walgreens Gift Cards coming from the "My Points" Program and when I get them I will be using those for Disney Gift Cards.

I have done it a few times this year already. I have some more Walgreens Gift Cards coming from the "My Points" Program and when I get them I will be using those for Disney Gift Cards.

cool...
thanks for the information

I have done this this year also. I have read that some people who have tried have been told no, then I would just go to a different walgreens.

I too have done this twice recently. Turn Walgreens gift cards into Disney money!

I received a Wal Greens gift card the other day and was wondering if anybody knows if I can use the gift card to buy another gift card for WDW.

They do NOT say that they can not be used to buy other gift cards. I bought 2 Disney Gift cards with Walgreen's Gift cards earlier this week. The cashier never said a thing other than to ask when we were going. I am hoping the other gift card I ordered will be here no later than Saturday so I can get one more Disney one. We leave Sunday for Disney.

Wow - I never thought of this! I just realized a month ago that I could get a Landry's restaurant gift card from MyPoints and use it for Rain Forest or T-Rex. This is even better!!!

This has been such the debate where I live. :rolleyes1 I decided to ask before making the purchase using MyPoints and my Walgreens manager said it couldn't be done. I have actually checked at 2 other Walgreens and they too have said no. One very nice Mananger said that he wouldn't object, but that the computer would not allow it. Ughh...I don't know what to do. Wouldn't you think that all of the Walgreens computer systems were the same? :confused3

This has been such the debate where I live. :rolleyes1 I decided to ask before making the purchase using MyPoints and my Walgreens manager said it couldn't be done. I have actually checked at 2 other Walgreens and they too have said no. One very nice Mananger said that he wouldn't object, but that the computer would not allow it. Ughh...I don't know what to do. Wouldn't you think that all of the Walgreens computer systems were the same? :confused3

I would honestly go back and make them run it through as the computer does allow it. Also the Walgreen's gift card does NOT say you cannot use it to buy gift cards.

Yippee!!! I received my Walgreens GC today and just used it to purchase a Disney GC. :woohoo:

Now that I know that it worked at my Walgreens, I would like to do another one. Do I need to purchase another Disney GC or can I use a new Walgreens card and add to my existing Disney GC?

Also, can you add your Disney GC to your KTTW card?

Yippee!!! I received my Walgreens GC today and just used it to purchase a Disney GC. :woohoo:

Now that I know that it worked at my Walgreens, I would like to do another one. Do I need to purchase another Disney GC or can I use a new Walgreens card and add to my existing Disney GC?

You can PAY your bill with the Disney GC, so you can charge things to your KTTW card and then go pay for it at your hotel with the disney gc. I don't know if you can add more to one card at Wal-Greens. I have just consistently bought new cards. Given the issue you've had with getting them to do it - I'd just buy the new one! :)

From what I know the gift cards that they sale at Walgreens, Walmart, etc or other retailers are sold in certain denominations ($25, $50, etc) and are non-reloadable. Just buy another increment card. Thanks for the id. I have CVS ones I am going to try.

Wow - I never thought of this! I just realized a month ago that I could get a Landry's restaurant gift card from MyPoints and use it for Rain Forest or T-Rex. This is even better!!!

From what I read on the Landry's website, it will work at Yak & Yeti, too. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter