Wal Greens Gift Cards

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Oz!, May 26, 2010.

1. Oz!

Oz! DIS DAD #459

I received a Wal Greens gift card the other day and was wondering if anybody knows if I can use the gift card to buy another gift card for WDW.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LynnTH

LynnTH DIS Veteran

I have done it a few times this year already. I have some more Walgreens Gift Cards coming from the "My Points" Program and when I get them I will be using those for Disney Gift Cards.

4. Oz!

Oz! DIS DAD #459

cool...
    thanks for the information

5. jessrose18

jessrose18 ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

I have done this this year also. I have read that some people who have tried have been told no, then I would just go to a different walgreens.

6. WINTER

WINTER DIS Veteran

I too have done this twice recently. Turn Walgreens gift cards into Disney money!

7. kristinlynn

kristinlynn Mouseketeer

hmm, so does anyone know how to get cash back or discounts on walgreens gift cards?

8. Leajess99

Leajess99 DIS Veteran

They do NOT say that they can not be used to buy other gift cards. I bought 2 Disney Gift cards with Walgreen's Gift cards earlier this week. The cashier never said a thing other than to ask when we were going. I am hoping the other gift card I ordered will be here no later than Saturday so I can get one more Disney one. We leave Sunday for Disney.

9. Cheryllynn74

Cheryllynn74 Less than 2 hours away from the happiest place on

Wow - I never thought of this! I just realized a month ago that I could get a Landry's restaurant gift card from MyPoints and use it for Rain Forest or T-Rex. This is even better!!!

10. floridascgirl

floridascgirl DIS Veteran

This has been such the debate where I live. :rolleyes1 I decided to ask before making the purchase using MyPoints and my Walgreens manager said it couldn't be done. I have actually checked at 2 other Walgreens and they too have said no. One very nice Mananger said that he wouldn't object, but that the computer would not allow it. Ughh...I don't know what to do. Wouldn't you think that all of the Walgreens computer systems were the same? :confused3

11. EclecticWAHM

EclecticWAHM Mouseketeer

I just used my MyPoints Walgreens $25 gift card to get a Disney gift card. Yay!!

12. Leajess99

Leajess99 DIS Veteran

I would honestly go back and make them run it through as the computer does allow it. Also the Walgreen's gift card does NOT say you cannot use it to buy gift cards.

13. floridascgirl

floridascgirl DIS Veteran

Yippee!!! I received my Walgreens GC today and just used it to purchase a Disney GC. :woohoo:

Now that I know that it worked at my Walgreens, I would like to do another one. Do I need to purchase another Disney GC or can I use a new Walgreens card and add to my existing Disney GC?

Also, can you add your Disney GC to your KTTW card?

14. hlkeck

hlkeck Mouseketeer

You can PAY your bill with the Disney GC, so you can charge things to your KTTW card and then go pay for it at your hotel with the disney gc. I don't know if you can add more to one card at Wal-Greens. I have just consistently bought new cards. Given the issue you've had with getting them to do it - I'd just buy the new one! :)

15. disneylove69

disneylove69 DIS Veteran

From what I know the gift cards that they sale at Walgreens, Walmart, etc or other retailers are sold in certain denominations ($25, $50, etc) and are non-reloadable. Just buy another increment card. Thanks for the id. I have CVS ones I am going to try.

16. denecarter

denecarter OKW 2003

From what I read on the Landry's website, it will work at Yak & Yeti, too. :thumbsup2