Waitlisting Boardwalk in October

AllieV

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Ok, don't laugh, but I just waitlisted the end of October for the Boardwalk 1br with BW view. 10/29-11/2, then I'll waitlist the GF. I know this is the busiest time at DVC because of the F&W festival. Based on your experience, what are the chances this will come through? I'm asking because at a certain point, I may just switch to an open resort (if I can find one). I'm trying to stay through the Jersey Week days. It seems everything is booked 11/5, 6 so it's hard to do a complete rezzie.

Thanks.

There is only 20% BW and 20% ST view with 60% garden view. You would be more likely to get a garden view. But it could happen. I would stalk the site to see if anything comes available, grab it and then reduce my waitlist. I've had pretty good luck doing this.

ETA- there are 130 dedicated 1 bedrooms.

Last edited:
You'd have much better odds with pool/garden view, there just aren't enough SV and BWV villas to make wait listing one a viable option.

Thanks that's a good point. There was generally more availability with boardwalk view than garden (odd) so that's why I went with that one. I know I've read this before but have forgotten -- how many waitlists can I have simultaneously?

check the resort availability tool multiple times per day and book the days at the BWV that you find open. We decided to book a trip for the Flower and Garden festival in December - only three months before the trip. Husband wanted to stay at the BWV - nothing open when I tried to first book the trip. Within a month, I had seven continuous days in a BWV pool/garden studio. I also could have had the week in a standard view studio. If you are diligent, you can find availability - even in the most busy seasons.

I booked a VGF 2 bedroom for our trip the first week of June. Due to soccer season, I had to move the dates back a week. When I did this a couple of months ago, the only resorts with availability for our week were AKV, OKW and SSR. I booked Kidani Village, but really wanted to be at BLT for ease of walking to the MK. Guess what? Yesterday, someone cancelled our ENTIRE week at BLT in a 2 bedroom dedicated lakeview villa. I picked it up, after seeing the villa open up on the resort availability tool. I had not even waitlisted the villa because I figured I had zero chance of it becoming available for my whole entire week.

People cancel all the time. You just have to be the first one to see the cancellation and book it before the computer runs the waitlist search :)

I don't think anything will open up for all the dates I want considering the F&W, halloween, and Jersey Week. I'm going to keep an eye on it, but I was able to book BLT 1-br standard view (YAY!) for 10/30-11/4. And I have GFV standard view 1-br for thursday 10/29 while waitlisting BLT. All the plane tickets for the jersey week return are atrociously high. I guess the cheap fares have sold out.

I got pretty lucky on the rooms and may just leave it at those dates. Thanks for the data, Kimly. I'd forgotten how few of those rooms there are that face the boardwalk.

From your posts, it sounds like you are also trying for Nov 4,5, and 6. If so, you should grab whatever is open the first chance you get and if your home resort is open you should reserve it now. The Friday of that weekend, Nov 6 this year, happens to be the second highest DVC demand night of the year behind NYE. It is not just F&W and Jersey week. It is the night before the F&W race and you get a lot of one and two nighters for that. Moreover, that Friday starts Christmas decorations in the parks and the first session of Mickey's Very merry Christmas Party. Even SSR has a risk of filling before you actually reach 7 months out from that Friday.

From your posts, it sounds like you are also trying for Nov 4,5, and 6. If so, you should grab whatever is open the first chance you get and if your home resort is open you should reserve it now. The Friday of that weekend, Nov 6 this year, happens to be the second highest DVC demand night of the year behind NYE. It is not just F&W and Jersey week. It is the night before the F&W race and you get a lot of one and two nighters for that. Moreover, that Friday starts Christmas decorations in the parks and the first session of Mickey's Very merry Christmas Party. Even SSR has a risk of filling before you actually reach 7 months out from that Friday.

That just happened....In a Studio SSR is not available on Nov 6 WOWZERS

Only VWL available on the 6th. Only SSR and Okw available on the 7th. For studios. No studios available for both days (6-8).

For one beds, Okw, AKL, and SSR still has availabilities for the 6-8.

For two beds, it's only Okw and SSR for two days (6-8).

Crazy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter