Waitlist Support Group...who want's to join?

Just waitlisted VGC for Memorial Day weekend! Hoping for a studio for either 3 or 4 nights.
I just pulled 2 nights (Sat/Sun) in a 1BR. I've dropped the waitlist for 4 nights in a studio and am now seeking either Friday night in the 1BR (to extend my current reservation) or all three nights in the studio.

I learned, while modifying my existing waitlist over the phone with MS, that if either waitlist matches, it will auto-cancel the other waitlist as both waitlist were for the same start night. That strikes me as wrong. I don't like that silly software adaptation. What if someone were looking for two units? Or if, like me, someone is trying to get "something" or "something better"? If something matches -- I don't want to lose my place looking for something better! Oh, well. Silly DVC.

Just went on a 1 night BLT 1 bedroom standard view waitlist. It's for DDiL's birthday celebration. I hope it happens. She has the one night, her actual birthday, so this one would be icing!:cake: Now we want June 24th!

We are wait-listed. Trying to exchange into DVC.... so my odds are slim I'm sure. Anyway... hoping for a 2br in Oct. No real preference on which resort at this point. We exchanged into OKW last year... Wouldn't mind staying there again, but I'm always up for a new adventure!

With that being said.. I just saw 2 1br at SSR for the last week of Aug. Good luck folks!

My DD/family is waitlisted for one night, May 8th, 2013 at AKV-Jambo/Standard studio (and AKV-Jambo/Value studio). She's booked at Kidani/Standard studio, but wants to be in Jambo for that one night.

Hoping for huge amounts of PIXIE DUST. We needed to change are vacation from Spring Break to the first of June because DD(16) tore her ACL and will be having reconstructed during Spring Break(March 7th). I'm wait list at GCV June 3-6 1BR. Not a good chance but one can hope :). If not we will stay off-site. Wish us luck.

My new and improved waitlist was just added yesterday! :lmao:

We are heading on a 4-night Disney Cruise in October for our 15-year wedding anniversary in October. I just booked it yesterday. I decided we should start off our vacation with two nights at Beach Club in a studio so we can do some food and wine festival first. So even though yesterday was the first day I could book with my 7-month window, I still ended up having to waitlist. Here's hoping my chances are good that we get those two nights! :)

Just went on a 1 night BLT 1 bedroom standard view waitlist. It's for DDiL's birthday celebration. I hope it happens. She has the one night, her actual birthday, so this one would be icing!:cake: Now we want June 24th!

We are still waiting for the one night. It's been a month so far. 3 months to go, I hope we get it for her!

We've been waiting for several months for our 1 night waitlist and still nothing. We have 2 waitlist. Both studios at AKV-Jambo (value and standard). I do have to admit that I've NEVER gotten a waitlist request filled, and am not optimistic this time either. I guess some folks are lucky and some are not. We at least have a room at kidani booked, but since it's one night before going to Vero the next day, Jambo would be more conventient since we won't be buying any food or snacks.

Just waitlisted VGC for Memorial Day weekend! Hoping for a studio for either 3 or 4 nights.

I just pulled 2 nights (Sat/Sun) in a 1BR. I've dropped the waitlist for 4 nights in a studio and am now seeking either Friday night in the 1BR (to extend my current reservation) or all three nights in the studio.

I learned, while modifying my existing waitlist over the phone with MS, that if either waitlist matches, it will auto-cancel the other waitlist as both waitlist were for the same start night. That strikes me as wrong. I don't like that silly software adaptation. What if someone were looking for two units? Or if, like me, someone is trying to get "something" or "something better"? If something matches -- I don't want to lose my place looking for something better! Oh, well. Silly DVC.
UPDATE: Something is happening?? When I logged in tonight, I noticed that the homepage shows my existing reservation (1BR, 2 nights) and only one of the two waitlists (1BR, 1 night). It no longer showed the waitlist for the Studio unit, 3 nights.

I checked inventory for my intended travel dates and found the Studio unit available for the Wed and Thur nights before my arrival. Ah-ha, me thinks, somebody cancelled something.

So what happened to my waitlist? I'm relieved to report that it still shows up when I visit the waitlist page -- but is missing from the homepage. Something is happening ... magic in the works, maybe?

I'm sure hoping that tomorrow I find that my studio waitlist has been filled and that my existing 1BR has been cancelled. Whoo-hoo!

===== UPDATE on 3/14 =====

Indeed, magic was working in the background. At 7A Pacific, nothing had changed ... but by 10A Pacific I found a new reservation for the Studio unit with my account in tidy order: the old reservation (1BR, 2 nights) had been canceled, my other waitlist (1BR, 1 night) was gone, my points were properly allocated.

So, to recap:
1) I went on the waitlist on 2/2 seeking VGC Studio for Memorial Day Weekend.
2) As of 3/14, I now have that reservation! VGC Studio for 4 nights (3 from the waitlist and the added night I pulled manually) over the Holiday Weekend!

Now to decide: keep it or toss it back? No worries, I don't have to make that decision today or even tomorrow.

My current success rate for VGC waitlists? 2 for 2 in favor of the member (me)! Eight nights this calendar year, all studio.

Waiting on an upgrade from a 1 to 2 bedroom. Does not look like it will happen. We are lucky to have the 1 bedroom!!

Still watching the DVC site. Nothing open for our trip in May, but we do have a 1 bdrm so that's ok. Tried this am to move at the 7 month from VWL to BWV for our fall vacation and two of the nights right in the middle had booked since I checked 1 day ago. Bummer. I guess we will wait to waitlist the trip until Monday because at that point we can do the whole ten days. Good luck everyone!

I had to move my Thanksgiving trip to end of July thru 4th of August but
there's no rooms at BCV so I'm waitlisted while booked at BWV. Let the waiting begin!:scared:

Have our first dvc trip booked for 8/20-8/27 at OKW, but would love to get to switch the last two nights to BC so that my two DSs (6&9) could get to experience storm along bay, so I have wait listed a studio for those two nights. Hoping for some pixie dust. What are my chances?

We are going May 14 - 21st. We are booked in a 2 bedroom... However we are also needing a 1 bedroom at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo. All nights are still available but 1 the Friday night I had to waitlist the 17th of May. The entire week is available at Kidani but we want Jambo. What are the chances do you think that 1 night will come in???

I do know the whole week was available about 2 weeks ago but I didn't book it since I didn't see the hurry ... I have now been waitlisted about a week for the Friday night of the 17th. I would think I am close to the top of the waitlist but who knows. Can they tell you at MS?

My DD/family is waitlisted for one night, May 8th, 2013 at AKV-Jambo/Standard studio (and AKV-Jambo/Value studio). She's booked at Kidani/Standard studio, but wants to be in Jambo for that one night.

My DD got her WL for her 1 night at AKV/Jambo/studio standard. She was waitlisted for either standard or value studio. The standard came in and now it says Jambo instead of Kidani, but strangely, the WL for the studio value is still active. I thought that one would close once the WL was fulfilled. So I decided to let it go until it expires (31 days prior because of holding points). If she get it, great, it will save me a few points, if not, no big deal. So anyone who has 2 waitlist for the same time, may want to double check to make sure the second one get deactivated if you no longer want it. Also, we never got an email either. I checked my account and checked with my DD to make sure she didn't get it either. I also made a reservation for January 2014 the other day and never got an email for that reservation either. I guess I need to call. I did check my email address and it's correct.

We've been on the waitlist for a standard studio @ BWV for 6/14-6/21 since mid Feb. Know its a long shot, but fingers are crossed it might come thru! We are booked at AKV now and I am A-OK staying there, but was hoping for BWV to try something new.

Just wait listed for a studio at BWV for my 10th wedding anniversary. I'm really hoping it comes through.

We have waitlisted 1 night at BCV in a studio for - Tuesday, 7/30. Someone keeps playing with the Sunday & Monday before! Hopefully it will work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter