Waiting for Rest of Fall 2015 Room Only Discount

I booked through a TA for the first time and he was able to apply the discount to our existing Pop Century reservation for October 15-20. It saved us about $84 total, which by my calculations is about 13%. I have an AP....is it probable that a larger AP discount might become available? Or is this going to be my rock-bottom deal? My mother is travelling with me and we are splitting the cost. I told her not to pay me anything until we have the FINAL room cost nailed down.

Last edited:

Cheaptickets.com has promo code "vacation20," which offers 20% discount, with one night minimum booking. Promo code accepted for Disney resorts.
I checked my date in December that I already booked on Orbitz. The WDW hotels were not labeled "PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE" for the "vacation20" discount.

*After I read the promo code rules - there is a minimum 2-night stay required - which is why my one night showed no additional discount.

** Even when checking for 2 nights in December, the WDW resorts didn't say "promo code eligible."

Last edited:
I checked my date in December that I already booked on Orbitz. The WDW hotels were not labeled "PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE" for the "vacation20" discount.

*After I read the promo code rules - there is a minimum 2-night stay required - which is why my one night showed no additional discount.

** Even when checking for 2 nights in December, the WDW resorts didn't say "promo code eligible."

Sorry, I got the promo codes mixed up. There is a promo code, "hotel15," which has a one night minimum booking and 15% discount. It looks like Orbitz offer (same ownership), except for needing only one night's stay.

T&C:
HOTEL15
Book a qualifying hotel between January 21, 2015 12:01AM CST and September 30, 2015 11:59PM CST, for 1 or more nights for travel between January 21, 2015 and December 31, 2015, via Cheaptickets and instantly receive 15% off through the use of the promotion code up to a maximum savings of $150 per booking. Limit one discount per hotel room and one promotion code per booking. Discount may not be used toward the booking of a vacation package. Discounts are not redeemable for cash for any reason. Promotion codes are non-transferable, not for resale, and cannot be combined with other offers. Any attempt at fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Orbitz reserves the right to change or limit the promotion in its sole discretion. Most major chains are excluded, to find participating hotels look for "PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE" message.

thanks for posting the code above Shoreward! I'm actually on vacation in St. Croix and I just remembered to check to see if the codes had been released. I already had the first three nights on a bounceback and needed one more. I got a std view for $262 before taxes.

Just posted about another code Cheaptickets has, I was able to upgrade an already great deal I had through Orbitz to this one through Cheaptickets, and now have theme park view for a little over $100 more than the bay lake view!

You need to rent a car, which I did for one day and it cost $25 (I don't plan on actually picking up the car, I will call and just tell them to bill me for the one day anyways), but the code they emailed me for that rental saved me about $800!!!!

Just posted about another code Cheaptickets has, I was able to upgrade an already great deal I had through Orbitz to this one through Cheaptickets, and now have theme park view for a little over $100 more than the bay lake view!

You need to rent a car, which I did for one day and it cost $25 (I don't plan on actually picking up the car, I will call and just tell them to bill me for the one day anyways), but the code they emailed me for that rental saved me about $800!!!!
What is the deal code? I don't see your other post

What is the deal code? I don't see your other post

Go to Cheaptickets and click on deals. There will be a deal to save 20% with a flight or car rental reservation. Click on it, then put in a car rental and reserve and pay for it (it cost me $25 for 1 day). Then you will get an email from cheaptickets with a unique code for the 20% off. I then booked the hotel stay, booking the room with the "up to 25% off" discount from disney (which isn't actually 25%). At checkout I added the promo code for the additional 20%.

One thing about cheaptickets is that it's like Orbitz where you have to book with just two people, then add your children later or else they overcharge you. I called cheaptickets to add them after reserving, then added everything to MDE with my confirmation number.

Nothing available for the French quarter either. Oh well full price it is.

Keep trying everyone. This morning I was able to get three river view rooms at pofq using the fall discount. I already had three rooms there. We got the room upgrade and saved $105 on each reservation. I am super happy!!!

Keep trying everyone. This morning I was able to get three river view rooms at pofq using the fall discount. I already had three rooms there. We got the room upgrade and saved $105 on each reservation. I am super happy!!!
I keep obsessively checking POR for my dates 11/12-11/19. I booked GV but really want preferred. A few days ago all that was available was 1 category of Royal Rooms. This morning all but pool view Royal Rooms are available as well as King, PV, & RV. There is also RV at POFQ.

I am still on the fence about just booking preferred at rack rate or just keeping to check fall discount daily or twice a day.

I keep obsessively checking POR for my dates 11/12-11/19. I booked GV but really want preferred. A few days ago all that was available was 1 category of Royal Rooms. This morning all but pool view Royal Rooms are available as well as King, PV, & RV. There is also RV at POFQ.

I am still on the fence about just booking preferred at rack rate or just keeping to check fall discount daily or twice a day.
Not sure this is what you're after but I just saw POR preferred for 175/night for your dates on Orbitz. If it is might want to grab it fast.

More availability showed for my dates 11/9-11/11 this morning so might be more availability for others as well. I even rebooked my AKL reservation this morning because for some reason the same room is a few bucks cheaper than when I booked it a few days ago.

Not sure this is what you're after but I just saw POR preferred for 175/night for your dates on Orbitz. If it is might want to grab it fast.

Use the promo code "yesplease" for an additional $150 off too, and link to the Orbitz page from ebates for even more cash back.

Cheaptickets has those dates available as well in a preferred view room with the same price. See my earlier post for how to get an additional 20% off (with no cap!)

I just booked a French Quarter Garden View from Disney's site for $166 avg a night from Dec 11 to 16th. The had standard and pool views still available. Wilderness also had a room up for $298 a night

I just booked a French Quarter Garden View from Disney's site for $166 avg a night from Dec 11 to 16th. The had standard and pool views still available. Wilderness also had a room up for $298 a night
Why are these not my dates! RAWR

Disney should have a system where you can search by resort and it shows you what dates are available for the discount.

If you book through Orbitz using 'yesplease', you'd save another $125 on your reservation, not to mention additional savings if you go through ebates.

Why are these not my dates! RAWR

Disney should have a system where you can search by resort and it shows you what dates are available for the discount.

I completely agree about the search by resort!!! That would be such a great feature. I can't tell you the hours I've spent trying to figure out discount availability at our first choice resort. And it can vary by number of days AND check in, so that means multiple searches are required to check discount availability just for one week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter