Waiting for Membership Number is awful

Ok, got Member Number in the mail today!
My final timeline is
Offer accepted 9/14
Sent to ROFR 9/15
Passed 9/28
Received closing Docs 10/3
Returned docs 10/13
Closed 10/16
Recorded 10/19
Member Number received 11/6

Ok, got Member Number in the mail today!
My final timeline is
Offer accepted 9/14
Sent to ROFR 9/15
Passed 9/28
Received closing Docs 10/3
Returned docs 10/13
Closed 10/16
Recorded 10/19
Member Number received 11/6

Yeah!!! Congrats!!!:yay::yay::yay:

Last edited:
I was kinda dissapointed that the letter was very boring. Just black and white, I thought it would be like a whole welcome packet

Offer accepted - 6/30
Submitted to ROFR - 7/6
Passed ROFR - 7/30
Received closing docs - 9/21
Closing docs/payment made - 9/25
Closing date - 10/12 (due to vacation of sellers)
Recorded - 10/26
Member letter/account set up/Points loaded - 11/7

Now on to planning

I was kinda dissapointed that the letter was very boring. Just black and white, I thought it would be like a whole welcome packet

Yes, when your new member packet arrives 7-10 days later, that's when you get all the fun, colorful, pretty stuff! Our new member packet contained our member cards, our DVC magnets, and the 2015/2016 points catalog for all the different resorts, cruises, collections, hotels, etc. Of course, we can't use the points for anything other than DVC resorts since we're resale, but that's all we want to use them for anyway. It feels good to be a full-fledged DVC member now!

We got our member cards before our upcoming WDW trip during Thanksgiving week. Obviously, we didn't purchase and close on our DVC contract soon enough to use DVC points for this trip. We were just hoping to get our memberships in time to get the DVC discounted APs. We had tried exchanging into DVC via RCI, but even with a 1+ year ongoing search, we couldn't get a match. That inability to get a match through RCI (after many years of exchanging into DVC with no problems) was the impetus for us to finally purchase DVC.

We reluctantly used our SPG Starwood points to book at the Disney Swan for this trip. While not a true Disney resort, it is the next best thing. Lo and behold, yesterday, we finally got a match into Saratoga Springs! Talk about cutting it close! So, now we got all our SPG points back AND we get to stay in a DVC resort for this trip. Just waiting to see what other perks (if any) we get as DVC members during our trip.

Just got to use our DVC points for the very first time! With our 11th-hour RCI match/exchange into DVC, we got our trip dates at SSR, less one night. Our RCI exchange did not include the first night of our trip. So, we were just going to stay at the Hyatt at the Orlando airport the first night since our flight was getting in so late anyway. Unfortunately, there was a booking hiccup with the Hyatt, and the rate we're going to have to pay for that one night was more than we cared to pay. So, we decided to borrow 33 points from our 2016 points (AUG UY) and booked one night in a 1BR at SSR. Since our RCI booking was also a 1BR at the SSR, my DW has already been able to make plans to allow us to stay in the same room for the whole trip instead of having to change rooms after the first night. She said the CMs at MS have been above and beyond helpful with getting everything worked out for our upcoming trip. So far, we are delighted with the service we are receiving as brand new DVC members!!!

We finally made it across the finish line!

Our OKW addon contract

8/20 submitted offer, offer accepted
8/24 submitted for ROFR
9/16 passed ROFR
10/21 received closing documents
10/26 returned closing documents and payment
10/29 closed and recorded in Orange County
11/10 points show up under our member number

It feels like it's been FOREVER since our deed was recorded on 11/9 but it's only been 8 days. I was really hoping to get the member number and everything before our trip on 11/28 so I could try to add a night (we'll have some points left over from 2015 to play with) but it's not looking like it's going to happen for this trip.

waiting for member number was the longest part of my purchase. Was a full 3 weeks from closing

It's sad that Disney has decided to deliberately make resale buyers wait for such a long time that seems to grow each year. Not very magical IMO.

:earsboy: Bill

Still haven't gotten our cards, but I was able to get us in for a December trip. Split stay at Boardwalk and Saratoga 12/24-12/31. :yay::cool1:

I am waiting for confirmation of points before the deed can be recorded. They are saying just a few more days. So here is my problem:

I wasn't planning to go to WDW in December at all. But it turns out that I do have to go to Florida to see my sister who is terminally ill. My plan was to buy Gold AP for the kids for Christmas. But if I head to Florida around the 10th or so and I don't have this number yet, is there a way to get it in person? Or do I have to buy day passes and then convert it into the Gold AP? But then I can't leave until I get a number, correct?

I am waiting for confirmation of points before the deed can be recorded. They are saying just a few more days. So here is my problem:

I wasn't planning to go to WDW in December at all. But it turns out that I do have to go to Florida to see my sister who is terminally ill. My plan was to buy Gold AP for the kids for Christmas. But if I head to Florida around the 10th or so and I don't have this number yet, is there a way to get it in person? Or do I have to buy day passes and then convert it into the Gold AP? But then I can't leave until I get a number, correct?

Sorry to hear about your sister.

I was checking about the DVC annual passes the other days. I read it quickly, but I recall something about having to present the DVC card. If you have your number, you may be able to stop at one of the DVC language cations and get a card . Hopefully someone else can verify.

Sorry to hear about your sister.

I was checking about the DVC annual passes the other days. I read it quickly, but I recall something about having to present the DVC card. If you have your number, you may be able to stop at one of the DVC language cations and get a card . Hopefully someone else can verify.

Thank you.

I think that I found a backup plan if this number doesn't show up in time. I am picking up a couple of nights at AKV (very cool) so I decided that I would take them to the MVMCP. We can visit the other resorts and decorations. We can explore Disney Springs. The only thing that would be a total bummer is if we can't get to TOTW for fireworks because of the lack of a membership card.

I closed monday the 9th. I was told disney had processed it on the 17th. I called on the 23rd and was given my number over the phone (but I didn't realize I needed a special login and password till later when I tried to login). About 2 hours later the mailman brought my "please expect your welcome packet" letter, but it didn't have login info either. So I called back, told them I got my letter and that cm gave me the login and password over the phone. Every one was super nice. She also said that if the welcome packet doesn't arrive by the time we leave (in two weeks), I can go to boardwalk (we are staying at beach club so it is the closest DVC office) and get a replacement card to buy my APs and get into the lounge.

Just wanted to share our full timeline for our resale contract now that we're DONE!

Offer made - 8/2/2015
Offer accepted - 8/3/2015
Paperwork sent - 8/4/2015
ROFR Submitted - 8/12/2015
ROFR Passed - 9/8/2015
Closing Docs Received - 10/15/2015
Closing Docs Returned - 10/17/2015
Closing - 11/6/2015
Deed Filed - 11/9/2015
Membership Number Received - 11/23/2015

I closed monday the 9th. I was told disney had processed it on the 17th. I called on the 23rd and was given my number over the phone (but I didn't realize I needed a special login and password till later when I tried to login). About 2 hours later the mailman brought my "please expect your welcome packet" letter, but it didn't have login info either. So I called back, told them I got my letter and that cm gave me the login and password over the phone. Every one was super nice. She also said that if the welcome packet doesn't arrive by the time we leave (in two weeks), I can go to boardwalk (we are staying at beach club so it is the closest DVC office) and get a replacement card to buy my APs and get into the lounge.
FYI you can buy your annual passes now as long as you have your member number. I don't have my cards yet but was able to purchase AP so I could make fast passes for my January trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter