Wait, what? We Drank Four Pitchers Not Five! Feb. 2011 TR - Update 9/6 Pg. 20

Another awesome round of Photopass! :thumbsup2 Those pictures with Stitch are pretty awesome though you did the wrong hand gesture... ;) And I never even knew they had Photopass photographers in front of the EPCOT pavilions. I really got to check those out :thumbsup2

Okay, in my defense, I always do the rock star sign, never the hang ten sign! :lmao:

Paris is one of the only locations that I'm aware of or that I've seen one at. But it is hit or miss, they're not always there.

Great pictures of you and your brother. I think my favorite is the one in Paris with the fountain right behind you. Looks like the real deal! :thumbsup2

It does, I know! Fooled everyone!

Another great set of PP pics. Even better without that Packers clothing on :rotfl2:

You did a great job finding PP photographers.

Another great set of PP pics. Even better without that Packers clothing on :rotfl2:

You did a great job finding PP photographers.

Well, just for that comment.

Green_Bay_Packers.jpg

:rotfl:

I think that we did pretty well finding photographers. Overall, none of the pictures turned out badly.

Um, how did I miss your entire TR? I remember following along and commenting on your PTR since we were going to be there at the same time and totally didn't come across your TR until now! :eek:

Oh well, caught up now and have to say that I loved it. I did think of you when the Packers won and was wondering how you fared and if you got in to watch the big game. I shall soon make my way over to your newest TR because you write fantastic TRs! :thumbsup2

Your Universal portion got me very excited for our upcoming visit to Harry Potter and Hogwarts!

p.s. I kept looking for myself in the background of your pics in case we crossed pathes. Especially around the time of the Superbowl MVP parade.

Um, how did I miss your entire TR? I remember following along and commenting on your PTR since we were going to be there at the same time and totally didn't come across your TR until now! :eek:

Oh well, caught up now and have to say that I loved it. I did think of you when the Packers won and was wondering how you fared and if you got in to watch the big game. I shall soon make my way over to your newest TR because you write fantastic TRs! :thumbsup2

Your Universal portion got me very excited for our upcoming visit to Harry Potter and Hogwarts!

p.s. I kept looking for myself in the background of your pics in case we crossed pathes. Especially around the time of the Superbowl MVP parade.

Ha ha, that's okay! It makes me realize that I missed yours too! I'll have to find it and read through. ;)

Thanks for the compliment! I just like having a good time, so I think the writing just comes naturally.

You're going to love Harry Potter! Universal I'm not a huge fan of, but with Harry Potter, it definitely went up in my estimation.

That would have been awesome if we crossed paths and didn't know it!

Thanks.

Ummmmm........

What a great set of PP pics - I love them all!!

Yay on getting to have a pic with your one true love! :laughing:

I was excited too to get a picture with my love. Didn't you see how thrilled and nervous I was? :rotfl:

So I figured before I wrapped this TR up, I would give a rundown and recap of our dining experiences, and rank them accordingly.

1) Bistro de Paris - By far the best food we had on the trip. Soooo good. I wish it was a Dining Plan restaurant.

2) Beaches & Cream - I just love this restaurant. Exactly why we ate there twice on this trip.

3) Boma - My favorite buffet on property by far.

4) Biergarten - Good food and good beer.

5) 50's Prime Time - Love the theming and who doesn't love mom's favorites?

6) Cinderella's Royal Table - Purely for the stuffed french toast. :cloud9:

7) Tony's Town Square - Good food, good price.

8) Sci-Fi Dine In - Love for the theming. Food is decent, not necessarily the best.

9) ESPN Club - Considering I didn't really EAT much. :rolleyes1

Love the dining rankings and also wish Bistro de Paris was on the dining plan.

Can't wait to try Beaches and Cream as well as Boma. Lol at adding ESPN- there are a couple of important United matches on our trip and if I have time I'll be heading to ESPN to catch up!

Cool Dining Rankings! I love how all the Bs are in the top four LOL I haven't been to any of these restaurants minus one, so more to check out. I think I've heard enough of Beaches & Cream and 50's Prime Time Cafe I should be booking an ADR there now :-) And I totally agree on SciFi... the theming is really cool, but they need to up the ante on the actual dining aspect of the place then I would go back :D

Love the dining rankings and also wish Bistro de Paris was on the dining plan.

Can't wait to try Beaches and Cream as well as Boma. Lol at adding ESPN- there are a couple of important United matches on our trip and if I have time I'll be heading to ESPN to catch up!

Well, I did eat chicken dipper things at ESPN Club, so I figured I had to add it.......

I really wish the Bistro was on the dining plan. :(

Cool Dining Rankings! I love how all the Bs are in the top four LOL I haven't been to any of these restaurants minus one, so more to check out. I think I've heard enough of Beaches & Cream and 50's Prime Time Cafe I should be booking an ADR there now :-) And I totally agree on SciFi... the theming is really cool, but they need to up the ante on the actual dining aspect of the place then I would go back :D

Oh my goodness, I didn't even notice that all of the B's were at the top! Maybe it means something.....

I think that lunch was really good at Sci-Fi, much better then dinner. But still, there are definitely better places to eat in the World.

Well, I guess all good things must finally come to an end. But remember, my stories still live on in my new July TR (see link below in my siggie). ;) I figured I would capture some of the highlights (and lowlights) of our trip.

Highlights -

1) Seeing Aaron Rodgers in the MVP parade. :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

2) Watching the Superbowl at the ESPN Club. It really was a fun atmosphere.

3) Beaches and Cream. Mmmm.......

4) Getting away from Snowmageddon.

5) Vacationing with just Jason.

6) Beating Jason on every competitive game there is. :rolleyes1

7) Visiting the WWoHP.

8) Fabulous room location.

9) Having a trip partner that loves to shop too.

10) Low low crowds everwhere!

Lowlights -

1) Getting sick. Wonder how that happened. :rolleyes1

2) Having to parent Jason at times. Love him to death, but man I had to take care of everything.

3) Blowing my food budget, like, completely out of the water.

4) The weather being less than ideal. It was quite cold at times.

5) The prices of food at Universal. Absolutely outrageous.

6) Poor Jason and his problems with heartburn / esophagus.

7) Having to sit at the ESPN club for like 4 hours before the game started just to have a seat.

8) Yogurt and market research. Enough said. :rotfl:

9) Crabby Steelers fans.

10) The GPS taking me anywhere BUT to Universal.

Overall -

I would definitely do this trip again in a heartbeat. It was lots of fun and it was nice that it was just Jason and I. We should definitely think about planning another bro and sis TR in the near future. The weather was less than ideal, but the crowds were very low. I do wish it had been warmer though.

The biggest lesson that I learned was doing the dining plan. I thought we could come in under budget without it, but the reality is that we like to have a sit down restaurant every day normally. And if you like to have a sit down every day, then you can't NOT have the dining plan. I mean, I completely blew that budget out of the water, no joke.

Thank you so much to everyone who followed along on my TR. It was so nice to have so many readers this time around. Thanks for all of your comments and for following along with my crazy ramblings. :hug:

P.S. For any of those that are interested, the Yeti will be returning for another trip with me in October.......let's see if I can keep him under control. I highly doubt that. :rolleyes1

Thank you for sharing an amazing TR with us! I've said it before and I WILL say it again, may be the funniest one I've read so far :teeth: I'm so glad the Yeti is returning in October, I've missed his presence in your other TR :-)

Thank you for sharing an amazing TR with us! I've said it before and I WILL say it again, may be the funniest one I've read so far :teeth: I'm so glad the Yeti is returning in October, I've missed his presence in your other TR :-)

Thanks Timmy! On my other TR, I wasn't able to utilize the mascot quite as much, being so concerned with the kiddos. However, this next trip, I will do everything in my power to make sure there are some shenanigans....

Thanks for sharing your trip with us...I particularly enjoyed reading about your Super Bowl experiences. I'll be following along with your PTR/TR and go Pack go! :)

Aaw am sad this TR is over :sad2: Am glad you got to experience a trip with Jason and hope you both get to do a brother/sister trip again.

Yay am very excited that the yeti will be returning in October! I'm soo looking forward to that TR - with you, the yeti and Farrell am sure there will be some tales to share.

Aaw am sad this TR is over :sad2: Am glad you got to experience a trip with Jason and hope you both get to do a brother/sister trip again.

Yay am very excited that the yeti will be returning in October! I'm soo looking forward to that TR - with you, the yeti and Farrell am sure there will be some tales to share.

I'm sad it's over too. I think that's why I put off ending it for a while. I hope we get to do another trip in the future too.

I'm sure that there will be some funny stories from our October trip.

I will definitely now need to head over to your current TR. Hopefully I can keep up with you more there.

And you were right - I totally loved the WWoHP! I wasn't a huge fan of Universal either, but i easily could have spent a large chunk of time wandering around WWoHP if it weren't so crowded and hot. I may have also blown my budget a bit just on Harry Potter gear. I mean, how could I not get a scarf? (and a lanyard, tee shirt, ornament, frozen butterbeer....) I think I literally lost my mind with all that paraphenelia. Yup - I think I had "sucker" written all over me in the gift shops.

I liked your wrap-up list too. Okay - off to find your latest TR!

okay - had to come back and edit my post because I went back and reread your Universal day. Since I have finally been there, I have some more comments.

I was freaked out by the spiders on Forbidden journey as well. And the dementors.

The stores there are teeny tiny. And luckily you were there in cooler weather. It was super hot when we went so there were all sorts of smells going on over there. I preferred to visit in the evening when it wasn't quite so crowded.

Seussland and the trolley! We went on that many times courtesy of my daughter. She absolutely adored it.

The simpsons ride - absolutely terrifying ride for our group as we had two grown adults with bad motion sickness issues, my little girl went on it because we mistakenly thought it wouldn't be too bad, and she was absolutely petrified with a death grip on me. Lesson learned there.

Loved the Mummy.

Never got to ride Rip, Roar and Rock-it as the ride was down for most of our trip and when it was finally back up and running, we started to think, maybe there was a reason it wasn't working....so we went back and did the Hulk and WWoHP again instead.

And now I'm done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter