Wait, I thought WDW mgmt was "better" then DL's?!?

YoHo, sadly I do believe you. I hope someone here who was there during this apparent fiasco will post comments.

Neither the entourage, nor their cats, seem to by biting. Perhaps they're all watching the weather channel? Or sending letters of support to Roy?

It's a Sunday, I can wait for the payoff.

thedscoop said:
Since I'm a strong proponent of WDW's management (and the current DL management too--I think your sarcasm is confusing the current regime with the Pressler one).

And, if indeed this is true, then it's obviously not good. I suspect they'd answer that it was more important to keep it running at some level than no level for the guests who otherwise wouldn't get to ride one of WDW's more famous attractions during their visit...but, even that would be an incredibly weak justification.

So, I agree that this is a bad move and, worse yet, bad show. Like I've said, WDW's management isn't perfect and isn't immune to mistakes. But, I do believe that many of them (I won't mention specifics so as to avoid the accusation of name-dropping) understand the guiding principles of the parks and work incredibly hard to create a wonderful experience for their guests.

But, alas like any organization you're going to have some not-so-great ones--even lousy ones.

In this case, I personally don't know much about Phil Holmes (the head guy over at MK) but I've never glowing reviews of his management or decision-making. So, if this is true, it looks like he is someone who obviously doesn't "get it".

And, if that's the case, then he should be removed from such an important position as, if this is true, there is simply no excuse for this type decision-making.
Very well said.

thedscoop said:
And, by the way, at least from me, I don't think you'll ever hear an argument that the current WDW management is better than the current DL management.

I would have to agree with that statement with the possible exception of Brad Rex and Dr. Beth Stevens.

Ok, I have a question. Why would running the cars in slow mode have an effect on the audio, or any other portion of the ride? The cd/tape/whatever format the audio is played from still plays. The sound is still transferred to the cars, and the speakers still play. I may be missing something, but it doesn't seem like it would matter if the cars were sitting still, or on double speed, it should cause the audio to stop. :confused3

randytenn said:
Ok, I have a question. Why would running the cars in slow mode have an effect on the audio, or any other portion of the ride? The cd/tape/whatever format the audio is played from still plays. The sound is still transferred to the cars, and the speakers still play. I may be missing something, but it doesn't seem like it would matter if the cars were sitting still, or on double speed, it should cause the audio to stop. :confused3

I had the same question. How would running the ride in slow mode cause the Leota faces to break?

Although, I seem to remember when the ride slows down or stops, the audio in a given area plays once and then stops. The background sound and music still plays, but the narration does not. I suppose this could be a problem. I have stopped in front the of the "Little Leota" a couple times and she keeps on talking.

Ted

In the case of the mansion the "slow" messed up the antennas that were supposed to be playing the Ghost Host's spiel, so wherever the host was supposed to talk, anything around him that was electric got screwed up and guests were treated to an incredibly loud dose of feedbacky static.

If this is truly how it works then they need to hire some audio engineers and change the way the system works sounds like they have major grounding problems as well as a nonsensical triggering system for audio cues.

OnWithTheShow said:
If this is truly how it works then they need to hire some audio engineers and change the way the system works sounds like they have major grounding problems as well as a nonsensical triggering system for audio cues.

If only we knew someone with stage tech experience....

thedscoop said:
Just an FYI: Because there's always two sides to a story, I emailed a copy of the two long quotes that Yoho posted in his first post to Phil Holmes asking for comment. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.
In my best Yoda voice. "Interesting, his response will be" Sorry couldn't resist.

In the interest of protecting our brave sources I've deleted my posts. I hope that this email doesn't result in anything bad happening to friendly CMs willing to provide the community with valuable information.

YoHo said:
In the interest of protecting our brave sources I've deleted my posts. I hope that this email doesn't result in anything bad happening to friendly CMs willing to provide the community with valuable information.

Whats the point of having the information if we don't act on it.

peter11435 said:
Whats the point of having the information if we don't act on it.

Having information on what happened = good.

Acting on information = good.

Helping management figure out who blew the whistle = not so good...

Hey, it wouldn't be the DIS if we didn't have an argument about it... :earsboy:

I couldn't even remember the exact text, just wanted to posit reasons one might be upset for your forwarding the info.

If paraphrased, I'm not too worried - although there would have to be a very limited amount of CMs who would have first hand knowledge of the events listed... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter