• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Renamed & Copper Creek Villas & Cabins confirmed

And this explains it all!! We too have that emotional attach and its very strong.

Many of you here are like my family, owners from the start. In 2001 we decided to take the plunge, called DVC, asked about BWV as we had no idea it was sold out, had no idea how this whole thing worked. Our DVC rep at that time was Bettie Pleasant and she was just that, very pleasant. She asked when our favorite time of the year to visit, told her Dec., and she said she had the perfect place, VWL. She explained the beauty of the Lodge, how wonderful it was near Christmas, and all I could relate was I had seen the roof from the Monorail. But we bought site unseen. And sure glad we did!!

We made many trips, refused to try anywhere else for several years. Made a great friend in Ranger Stan, which made the place all the more special, began to soak up all the ambiance in that could be soaked in. Bought candles that smelled like the place for home. Found every song possible that was played in the lobby, and shared with fellow VWL lovers. We have 2 of every coffee mug ever made I believe with a WL logo on it(and every AM I still drink out of em and the others are in our glass Disney case for safekeeping). We were totally immersed in all that we could be where the Lodge was concerned.

Fast forward to now...the changes are not making happy campers in our home. Some things dont need change. I say we all go to FL, tie ourselves to a tree and thus, protest! Wait, scratch that, there are no trees left close enough by to be effective. Any other ideas?:mad:

I too have owned VWL since 2001. We were there for Christmas, stayed at Poly, we went on the DVC tour at VWL itself we fell in love. Being that it was right after 9/11and the towers were still burning the atmosphere and feelings of peace, tranquility and better times that the lodge evoked in us we signed on the dotted line right then. It was soul soothing and I've been in love with it ever since. I'm so afraid we're going to lose those feelings and that Disney won't be able to make it right.

Just catching up on posts now that school is out (teacher probs). I never considered that they would change the
Name of the resort. I'm not a fan. We've been owners since the beginning, and I'm very sad about what they have done to the lodge as we know it. I too am afraid that it will never again look like the lodge we love. I know that Disney will do a good job with the project, but I feel as if they have sacrificed the beauty of grounds and resort in order to sell a new resort. Makes me really sad. We loved that we owned at the smaller resort. I feel that Disney has devalued my property. They can call it what they want, it's still VWL to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter