• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Renamed & Copper Creek Villas & Cabins confirmed

Has there been any talk on when they'll open? We're planning on going back to the World in April 2018 and it'd be great to have another place to choose from if it worked out w/our points.

Boulder Ridge Villas? Really? I guess if you take out all the trees, boulders is what you are left with. :(
I agree! When I think of VWL, I do not think of boulders, nor do I want to. I think of trees, at least I used to -- there don't seem to be many of them left now, and I think of relaxation and tranquility. The word boulder does not bring to mind any of that. Surely they could have come up with a better name for such a wonderful resort.

Another thought: Maybe they are purposely trying to change the image of VWL to something that is rugged rather than relaxing, sharp and hard rather than soft and tranquil. Makes me worry even more what they're planning....

Last edited:
I agree! When I think of VWL, I do not think of boulders, nor do I want to. I think of trees, at least I used to -- there don't seem to be many of them left now, and I think of relaxation and tranquility. The word boulder does not bring to mind any of that. Surely they could have come up with a better name for such a wonderful resort.

Another thought: Maybe they are purposely trying to change the image of VWL to something that is rugged rather than relaxing, sharp and hard rather than soft and tranquil. Makes me worry even more what they're planning....

The conspiracy theory part of me thinks they are trying to make the current VWL less desirable so they don't have to compete as much with the resale market for people who want to buy at WL.

Boulders. :sad:

I really like the new names, to me it makes a lot more sense than VWL and VWL 2... The names sound nice and have character thats helps differentiate them and enhance their theming. Not to mention I never understood why they named it wilderness lodge in the first place when their was already fort wilderness. Thats just confusing. Plus what is going to happen when DVD finally decides to add DVC to Ft. Wilderness? I think most the people complaining are old time DVCer's that are nostalgic on the original name and just need time to adjust to the change as all us humans do when something we love is changed, even if its changed for the better. I also think its no brainer the acronyms should be CCV and BRV, anything else simply doesn't sense.

The conspiracy theory part of me thinks they are trying to make the current VWL less desirable so they don't have to compete as much with the resale market for people who want to buy at WL.

Boulders. :sad:

My thought exactly, they took out the trees and my bet is that they move boulders in. A focus group told them that people like trees more than boulders.

:earsboy: Bill

I like the names.

However, there are just too many names now for the entire area. Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Cabin Creek Villas and Cabins at Wilderness Lodge, new names for the pools, etc. And I've even left out some words in the titles!

Yeesh! Too many words!!

I like the name for the new cabins and villas. Don't see why they needed the name change on the original villas though.

I just wish they would state officially other than the cabins what rooms types will be available. 1 bedroom units? I'd seriously think about buying.

There was talk inside Disney about renaming SSR because it has the word springs in the title and guests were taking buses to SSR when they want to go to DS.

I like the name for the new cabins and villas. Don't see why they needed the name change on the original villas though.

I just wish they would state officially other than the cabins what rooms types will be available. 1 bedroom units? I'd seriously think about buying.

As posted, they may have wanted to give VWL a less desirable name and make it less confusing to new buyers.

I like the new names. We will all get used to them. We now will have lake views too since there aren't as many trees. Disney does a beautiful job with landscaping. Anyone wanting trees will need to request nonlake view and they will get plenty of trees.

Change is hard on everybody, but some seem to really have a difficult time with it.

There was talk inside Disney about renaming SSR because it has the word springs in the title and guests were taking buses to SSR when they want to go to DS.

Saratoga Springs was there first...you'd think that someone would have thought of this when they named Disney Springs. It would really seem unintelligent of them if the opening of Disney Springs made them change the name of SSR.

thought exactly, they took out the trees and my bet is that they move boulders in. A focus group told them that people like trees more than boulders.

I think they are going to replace many of the trees with boulders so that they can promote, and charge more for, firework and even "theme park" views.

It's really about as unimaginative of a name as possible IMO. If they have to change (and I think they could do something that wouldn't require it) then at least give us something better. Boulder. :sad2:

I have many photos affirming that Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful resort. This may come as a shock, but some of my iconic photos of Wilderness Lodge show boulders. Lots of boulders. And rocks, too.

DSCN5646.jpg

DSCN5642.jpg

DSCN5649.jpg

Until the Imagineers finish with their work at Wilderness, I haven't a clue what the resort will finally look like. But I believe things tend to work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter