VWL Lovers & Groupies Thread: Meese-ka, Mice-ka MOOSE-kateers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Groupies:

Can't take much credit there, those are Maria's pixs. I wish I could take pictures that nice. ;)
eliza61 ~ So sorry... I goofed. I scrolled so fast that I didn't see Maria's handle above the photos.

MiaSRN61 ~ Great photos and thanks for sharing. Sorry about the mix up. What kind of camera do you have?

Hey Groupies, guess what?!? I get to go back down to the world in just a couple of weeks. Do you think I'm excited? :yay::woohoo::dance3: Yep. Can't wait to be there once again. I knew you'd all understand. It's kind of a last minute trip, and I was able to secure a room at SSR. Of course I'll work my way over to the Lodge and hang out and have some fun while there. I tried, but they didn't have my two nights available sadly... at least not in a studio, and I certainly don't need a 2 bedroom for just little old me. :lmao: But I love the rockers at SSR too.
Yahoo!!! That is awesome! Congrats on your upcoming trip to SSR. :banana:

I Book He Pays Wow! Congrats on getting the whole two weeks at SSR!
franandaj ~ Thank you!! I still can't believe it. Glad you had a great but busy weekend. Looking forward to your TR!

Have a magical day everyone. Four more days to go...:dance3:

Stopher - congrats on your trip! I actually saw that on the vacation list. Looks like we'll be there at the same time. We have no set plans this trip. It's more of a what do we feel like doing or not doing today trip, but perhaps a mini meet if we can work it out? Oh & I sent you a PM.

We will? I don't recall you on the list, but I did see Corinne... That would awesome if we can make it happen. WHEN I get around to posting the info in the PM's later today (I have about 6 and I've been procrastinating... :rolleyes1) I'll give you my # as well - then maybe we can make it happen. It's been an off again on again kind of trip, just coming up a couple of weeks ago, then cancelled, then back on, then cancelled, now back on. Kind of crazy really. I've actually gone through 3 different reservations. I was sweating when I finally secured the last one and am keeping it no matter what now... and just decided to make a fun weekend of it prior to the work part afterwards. DW leaves for CA for 10 days in early June to go and spend more time with her dad, and since I stay on for work anyway, she's just staying home. But it'll be fun no doubt. Can't wait to try out the new Star Tours at some point. I have no real agenda either - but I did decide to make a few ADR's here and there, but if I change my mind, someone will be happy, now won't they?

Good Morning Groupies
Hope all you Mom's out there had a great weekend :lovestruc

Just reading back...:surfweb: and loving it as always.

Jimmy What a wonderful graduation for such a special daughter.
If any of you have met Jimmy's family you know these are not just words.
She really is a wonderful person,
you and Tammy should be bursting with pride.
You did a great job guys, kids don't grow up like that by accident ;)

I Book He Pays (still love the name) Congrats on your 2 weeks at SSR!
Boy oh boy you should be so relaxed after such a stay nice long stay.
Be sure to tell us all about when you came back :thumbsup2

Maria Thanks for the pics and the love bug report.
When we visited VB a few years back we loved it but it was impossible to be outside for the first 3 days.
They canceled all the outside events, it must of been an especially bad year
because they also closed part of the highway because of the bugs.
DH and I would love to go back
so I'm trying to figure out what would be the best time of year to return.
Back on track.....VWL
Wow The Old Faithful club looks like a nice "tuck in".

Stopher How fun... you get to go back Home... :yay:
as always Pics Please!

lilpooh (another great name)
So glad you enjoyed our Beloved Lodge :goodvibes

Muushka Hope your feeling better so you can enjoy your company. :lovestruc

Wilderness Dad... Yee Haw! Enjoy the land of the big sky

Take Care Groupies and Have A Magical Day :wizard:

Hi teapot:
I Book He Pays (still love the name) Congrats on your 2 weeks at SSR!Boy oh boy you should be so relaxed after such a stay nice long stay.Be sure to tell us all about when you came back :thumbsup2

LOL... I still get a kick out of my handle. DH hasn't discovered it yet so I'm still safe. If/when he finds out... he'll say it's so true! :lmao:

Thanks for the congrats on SSR. To be in the same resort for two weeks is awesome! We plan on doing a lot of relaxing (DH really needs it), touring the property/resorts (especially WL) and go to the parks. This is a dream come true. I get teary eye just thinking about our vacation.

We are bringing the handy dandy laptop so I'll be checking in during our vacation. And yes I'll take pictures of WL for the groupies!!:)

Glad everyone enjoyed my pics....have a few more to upload. And I Book He Pays.....believe it or not, this trip I used my old Kodak dig from 2004 that I purchased (it's a DX 7440 and only 4 MP). Also, some photos I was taking with my Blackberry cell phone (I was uploading a lot to Facebook during the trip). The views were great up there Jimmytammy.
Teapot, while there were some lovebugs at VB, they were actually MUCH worse in Orlando :scared1:

Stopher.....so awesome about your last minute trip !! :woohoo:

Now.....for my very sad rant and whine.......
I have been trying FAITHFULLY from Feb to April 29 (day I left for WDW), to book the Wishes Dessert Party in the MK. I checked almost daily. We were so busy in FL this past week with moving my dd out of FSU as well as preparing for her internship (she found out literally 4 days before we left that she got it !!!!). One day we had to drive to Melbourne to Kinkos to scan/email/fax various documents. Vero Beach/Sebastian had nowhere. I even mentioned to DiznyDi and DiznyDad that it was somewhat of a working vacation I believe..........

Then I worked all weekend......so I check today, and the calendar is open but my entire week in August is BOOKED SOLID ! I call WDW Dining to confirm that the online was correct and it was :sad2: I am so sad. It's such a slap in the face after checking daily for months......:sad1: Thanks for listening.......I knew you guys would understand my immense disappointment.

Mia what a bummer. Sorry you didn't get your dessert party. :(

I just realized we have 29 more days until we leave for our trip. We are driving and spending some time in Orlando - doing IOA for our oldest DD. Then we will be at BLT for the first 5 nights of our WDW stay - then transferring to VWL for our last 5 nights.

I am sitting here thinking about the lodge. There is NOTHING like that first trip down the walkway, seeing the welcome home sign and hearing that squeaky door slide open. I always insist it isn't a squeaky door but disney "crickets". ;)

Does anyone else just feel like the weight of the world is lifted when you walk into the lodge, hear that music and feel that blast of cold air hit you? NOTHING like it!

Mia what a bummer. Sorry you didn't get your dessert party. :(

Does anyone else just feel like the weight of the world is lifted when you walk into the lodge, hear that music and feel that blast of cold air hit you? NOTHING like it!

Thanks Jen....and to answer your question.....YES !!!!! The Lodge is my favorite resort ! Excited for your very fast approaching countdown !

Hi MiaSRN62:

I'm so sorry that the dessert party didn't work out for you. :sad2: :hug: You can't help but be disappointed since you've been waiting so long to book this. Is it possible to keep checking just in case there's a cancellation?

I'm amazed how nice your photos came out. Looking forward to seeing more.

How did you like the VB resort?

Hi Groupies:

Question... Can you get a turkey leg at EPCOT and is it part of the standard DDP? If so, is that considered a CS or snack? We're on a mission to have a turkey leg and I know we can get them at MK. If we go to EPCOT a second time we would be interested in getting a turkey leg if possible.

BTW... for all you DVC owners... I envy you! :worship: I contacted DVC to confirm our second week at SSR and the CM I spoke to was out of this world! I was on the phone with him for an hour and he found our reservation, answered my questions, added information to both reservations, etc. A half hour later he called me and informed me that I could add the DDP now and not have to bother calling tomorrow. I've been in contact with DVC for months with our other reservation and every CM I spoke to was excellent. I'm impressed with the service that I received and I'm not a DVC member (yet). They are very friendly, professional, offered tips, have great personalities and put my mind at ease. I never receive that kind of treatment from RCI. Once DH retires and we move south... we plan on becoming DVC members. I can't wait to become part of the DVC family!!! Just wanted to let you all know. :)

You would love DVC IBHP ! And thank you for your kind comments on my pics.

Yes...Epcot has turkey legs over in the American Pavillion. I'm sure they must be on DDP ? But not sure ?

Some more pics from WL stay :

IMG00613-20110506-1232.jpg

IMG00612-20110506-1231.jpg

IMG00610-20110506-1230.jpg

IMG00604-20110506-1206.jpg

IMG00600-20110506-1110.jpg

IMG00593-20110506-1103.jpg

100_7914-1.jpg

100_7913-1.jpg

100_7912-1.jpg

100_7908-1.jpg

100_7909-1.jpg

100_7907-1.jpg

Now.....for my very sad rant and whine.......
I have been trying FAITHFULLY from Feb to April 29 (day I left for WDW), to book the Wishes Dessert Party in the MK. I checked almost daily. We were so busy in FL this past week with moving my dd out of FSU as well as preparing for her internship (she found out literally 4 days before we left that she got it !!!!). One day we had to drive to Melbourne to Kinkos to scan/email/fax various documents. Vero Beach/Sebastian had nowhere. I even mentioned to DiznyDi and DiznyDad that it was somewhat of a working vacation I believe..........

Then I worked all weekend......so I check today, and the calendar is open but my entire week in August is BOOKED SOLID ! I call WDW Dining to confirm that the online was correct and it was :sad2: I am so sad. It's such a slap in the face after checking daily for months......:sad1: Thanks for listening.......I knew you guys would understand my immense disappointment.

I dunno Maria, we did the dessert party and I gotta say we were a bit disappointed. Let me give my first disclaimer. we booked the very first week (I think we were actually the 3rd night) it was offered and they had not worked out the logistic kinks. To say organization was awful is putting it mildly. so that may have colored my preception. So here's what I didn't like.

1) The tables are really tightly packed together. Every time we got up, our backside were literally bumping into the next table and vice versa. finally when we could not stand it any more, the 4 tables close to us put our heads together and did some rearranging.

2) they did not dim the lights on the upper level. took away some of the atmosphere.

3) could not see the parade (forgot the name).

The desserts were ok but for the price not sure if it was worth it. :confused3 don't think we eat 80 bucks worth of dessert. I generally don't recommend it but we are glad we experienced it. We generally just get a sweets from main street bakery.

Now, all of the above may have changed, like I said we were probably the 3 time after it had been offered.

I dunno Maria, we did the dessert party and I gotta say we were a bit disappointed. Let me give my first disclaimer. we booked the very first week (I think we were actually the 3rd night) it was offered and they had not worked out the logistic kinks. To say organization was awful is putting it mildly. so that may have colored my preception. So here's what I didn't like.

1) The tables are really tightly packed together. Every time we got up, our backside were literally bumping into the next table and vice versa. finally when we could not stand it any more, the 4 tables close to us put our heads together and did some rearranging.

2) they did not dim the lights on the upper level. took away some of the atmosphere.

3) could not see the parade (forgot the name).

The desserts were ok but for the price not sure if it was worth it. :confused3 don't think we eat 80 bucks worth of dessert. I generally don't recommend it but we are glad we experienced it. We generally just get a sweets from main street bakery.

Now, all of the above may have changed, like I said we were probably the 3 time after it had been offered.

I REALLY appreciate your perspective eliza....I will take what you have said into consideration when I'm feeling kind of down about it. I usually like to try new stuff.....we have an early dinner at CP that day 4:30 pm. So figured by 9-10 pm, we'd be hungry for dessert. But if it's that crowded it doesn't sound as nice as I imagined. Sounded sort of exclusive for fireworks viewing from what I've read. Thanks again eliza !

Raphael! We had Raphael as our server last year in January... DD was so very disappointed when he was off on the day we were there for her birthday last month. He made that same face/finger point with her last year! :rotfl:

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Just 34 more days until our trip this summer. We will be spending 7 nights at BCV and then 14 nights at VWL in a studio. We have never stayed here and are looking forward to it.

I do have a question. I saw some pictures about being the flag family. What does that entail and how do you get selected for that?

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Just 34 more days until our trip this summer. We will be spending 7 nights at BCV and then 14 nights at VWL in a studio. We have never stayed here and are looking forward to it.

I do have a question. I saw some pictures about being the flag family. What does that entail and how do you get selected for that?

As you are checking in, go to the guest relations(its just to the left of the check in counter)and ask to be FF. They will ask your dates. Be very flexible as its tough to get. We have been fortunate and done it at least 4 times, but it was because we were there a long time. Looks like you should be able to get it, probably into your 2nd week at VWL. Good luck and enjoy! Be sure to carry your camera. It is limited to maybe 6 people.

Good Morning Groupies:

kamikazecat ~ Three weeks at WDW...WTG!:cool1: Have a fantastic vacation and enjoy!

jimmytammy ~ What is a flag family? Never heard of it.

Have a great day everyone!

I REALLY appreciate your perspective eliza....I will take what you have said into consideration when I'm feeling kind of down about it. I usually like to try new stuff.....we have an early dinner at CP that day 4:30 pm. So figured by 9-10 pm, we'd be hungry for dessert. But if it's that crowded it doesn't sound as nice as I imagined. Sounded sort of exclusive for fireworks viewing from what I've read. Thanks again eliza !

It is very exclusive which was nice. You are on the lower level of the noodle station. They rope the area off and by the time of the fireworks the noodle station is closed so the party is the only thing really going on.
I think one of the reasons the tables are packed together is they leave the "front" of the area clear and open. So when the fireworks start every one can move up to the railing. that's really nice and the desserts and drinks are set up in the middle, so you can freely move around them on both sides to pick your desserts. that's nice also.

I also enjoyed that they had a photopass guy there exclusively for the party. every one had an easy opportunity to get a neat picture with the castle in the back.

Check the dining forum, they mave had had folks who have went recently.

Discovery I sland, located in Bay lake directly across from Disney's
Wilderness Lodge,sits abadoned and unused today. But it was open
for guest for about 25 years, first as a relaxing bird retreat (1974-1979) called Treasure Island.
In April of 1976 the name was changed to Discovery Island. It closed to guests April 8, 1999 a bit less than a year after the opening of Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Matching Game

Match the WDW character with the type of creature it is.

Figment
Timon
Cornelius Coot
Peach
Puumba
James P. Sullivan
Jose Carioca
Hopper
Cleo
Baloo

A)Grasshopper
B) Warthog
C) monster
D) Crab
E) Goldfish
F) Duck
G) Bear
H) Parrot
I) Meerkat
J) Dragon

Sorry I couldn't get this thing to make columns.

If you do get to do it. You will meet at guest relations desk and go up to the top floor. You will meet early in the morning.You will then be led out to a walkway that you can see from the lobby all the way at the top over the fireplace. It is a lot of steps. Now it is a long way up if heights are an issue. You then go outside and walk up stairs to the roof. You will put up all 5 flags and take your camera. You will get the best pictures you can see everything. The flags you put up are the 2 wilderness lodge flags, the Disney company flag the Florida flag and the American flag. You will say the pledge just after that. You will have plenty of time to take pictures. After wards you might even get to grab some breakfast on the top floor if you get a good CM..... I had a ball the 3 times we got to do it. I am also afraid of heights but was able to get through it.
Once you up top you have big walls around you so it is not like it is open for the height problem.
You will have to walk up a good bit of steps though to get there.
It was a great time..... I hope you get it. I hope this helps.

:cool2:

Discovery I sland, located in Bay lake directly across from Disney's
Wilderness Lodge,sits abadoned and unused today. But it was open
for guest for about 25 years, first as a relaxing bird retreat (1974-1979) called Treasure Island.
In April of 1976 the name was changed to Discovery Island. It closed to guests April 8, 1999 a bit less than a year after the opening of Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Matching Game

Match the WDW character with the type of creature it is.

Figment J
Timon I
Cornelius Coot F
Peach D (technically, I think it's a different answer but it's the only one left ;))
Puumba B
James P. Sullivan C
Jose Carioca H
Hopper A
Cleo E
Baloo G

A)Grasshopper
B) Warthog
C) monster
D) Crab
E) Goldfish
F) Duck
G) Bear
H) Parrot
I) Meerkat
J) Dragon

Sorry I couldn't get this thing to make columns.
Do I get a prize if I'm correct? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter