VWL Lovers & Groupies Thread: Meese-ka, Mice-ka MOOSE-kateers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I love seeing pics of our Groupies, thanks for posting Maria:goodvibes

Out of the loop a bit with DDs graduation taking place...Muushka and WD, hope yall get better really soon, sending Moose Dust yalls way, breathe it in, it smells really good and will make you have sweet dreams about our fave place in the World

Thanks JT, I feel better after the breath!

Congratulations to your daughter for her graduation. Is there a college picked out for the fall?

Hi Everyone:
wildernessDad ~ Have a fantastic vacation and feel better soon!

Muushka ~ :sick: I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well and glad you are starting to feel better! Thank goodness you didn't get sick during the cruise. :hug:

Dizny Dad ~ I'm interested in knowing about the progress at the SSR pool and where the famous rocking chairs are on the property. Glad you had a great birthday!

MiaSRN62 ~ Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Well to save the best for last.... DH/I are leaving on Saturday for a two week vacation in Orlando. We exchanged two RCI timeshares and our first week is at Saratoga, second week at Hilton by SeaWorld. I still had an "ongoing search" with RCI hoping that a second week will become available in one of the DVC resorts. This morning I got a huge surprise when I logged into RCI. We are now staying at Saratoga Springs for two weeks in a two bedroom villa! :dance3:I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement and nearly hit my head on the ceiling fan this morning from jumping up/down! I started planning this vacation in October 2009 and our dream came true. I'm floored that a unit became available, especially two weeks prior to check-in date. I almost canceled the search last night but something told me to keep it active. I can't even explain how happy I am right now. :mickeyjum:goofy::tigger:

Have a great day everyone!

:yay::yay: Woohoo! Got your whole 2 weeks!!! :yay::yay:

Happy Mother's Day to all the Groupie Moms

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIZNY DAD!!! :bday:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE GROUPIE MOMS! :flower3:

JT - congrats on DD's graduation! :woohoo: Did she go to your local school's graduation ceremony? Just curious how that would work since she was homeschooled.

I Book He Pays - Woo Hoo on getting SSR! :dance3: I wish you a magical trip.

Maria - thanks for sharing those great pictures! :thumbsup2

All this talk of trips is making me very excited for my own trip coming up in 3 more weeks! :cool1:

Hello Groupies! I hope you all had a great weekend...

...to those of you who qualify - Happy Mother's Day!

... Happy Belated Birthday DDad!

I was out in the woods this weekend, til about noon today, for a Scouting function - being inducted into the Order of the Arrow - the National Honor Society for the Boy Scouts. My eldest son was inducted last year, and hopefully my younger son will be next year... this year was my turn. I don't like that they do the Ordeal over Mother's Day weekend, but the OA Chapter has done it that weekend every year for the past 40 years.

I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!

Happy Mother's Day to all the momma groupies.

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Hi Everyone:

MiaSRN62 ~ Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Well to save the best for last.... DH/I are leaving on Saturday for a two week vacation in Orlando. We exchanged two RCI timeshares and our first week is at Saratoga, second week at Hilton by SeaWorld. I still had an "ongoing search" with RCI hoping that a second week will become available in one of the DVC resorts. This morning I got a huge surprise when I logged into RCI. We are now staying at Saratoga Springs for two weeks in a two bedroom villa! :dance3:I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement and nearly hit my head on the ceiling fan this morning from jumping up/down!

Have a great day everyone!

WOW ! This is phenominally AWESOME news !!! Congrats on the waitlist coming through with RCI ! Have a blast !

Muushka

She finished her HS studies back in early Nov. and decided to start college early. She started college in Jan. through a program called College Plus. Its basically a fast track program where she can get a 4 yr degree in 2 yrs. Cost between $12-15,000 when all is done. She studies one subject, takes test at Strayer University in Greensboro, moves on to next subject. I guess homeschool really sunk in for her because she was determined to not leave home. She has no desire to be involved with the "college lifestyle" as it so often depicted. She is taking Business Administration with thoughts of starting her own Events Planning business. Her degree will come from Bryan College in Tenn. or Thomas Edison College in NJ, not sure which right now but she feels according to her studies, most likely TEC.

horselover

The graduation was held through our county HS group. Tammy spearheaded it back in Oct. and with lots of help pulled it off! It was held at a local church. We had 12 grads, could have been more, but some wanted there own personal ceremony, others decided to graduate with the big NC group. That one is big, probably 2500plus. We had a slideshow for each grad put to 3 mins of their song choice. Kristian used The Carpenters Top of the World, pics scaling her life from baby to now. We presented her diploma at this point, and dear ol dad lost it at this point! But it was a very emotional event for all. One photo was of Stan kissing her on cheek on top of the Lodge during flag family. Then we had a minister speak. He gave grads 12 commons sense, biblical based points to live by. Very good things we all could grab onto. Very different from traditional ceremonies, but more personal.

Jimmy, one word, WOW. That is an amazing study that your daughter is taking. I have never heard of the program but it sounds like a great concept. You and Tammy must be very proud of her. Heck, she isn't even my daughter and I'm proud of her! Thank you for sharing.:goodvibes

Hi all...hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day ! I was working so today is my Mother's Day ! :goodvibes

Just thought I'd post some pics of our WL concierge room that we were upgraded to. Had a "woods" view booked for one night and got the upgrade. Here are some photos :

100_7906.jpg

100_7905.jpg

100_7904.jpg

100_7903.jpg

100_7901.jpg

more in next post.........

Well, I have two weeks worth of horse pills (antibiotics) to take. (You'll love that, horselover.) I'm slowly feeling better. I should have two more pills in me before the plane takes off for CA.

I'll try to get good pics of our trip to share with my buddies here.

Ciao, all!

I have to say, I, too, have been ill since Wednesday. Wake up with a rip-roaring headache (I never get headaches!) and tons of head congestion, fatigue but no fever. My guess is that it is sinus, but without a fever I can't see any point in going to the doc. I have company coming on Tuesday. If I am not better by Monday, I will go to the doc. Wah! :sick:

In the words of my most favorite TV doctor and Dad, Bill Cosby, tell those tripacocosauraus germs no more partying. Get well quick guys.

And happy birthday DiznyDad!

Dad-Cupcake.png

I swear "old timers" is setting in. :rolleyes1 Happy belated birthday Dad, I hope your day was magical.

Hi Groupies:

Hope all of you had a wonderful day!

:yay::yay: Woohoo! Got your whole 2 weeks!!! :yay::yay:
Muushka ~ I'm still shocked that we got into SSR the second week. As you know via. email... the issues I had with RCI and planning this vacation since October 2009. I'm so happy and bouncing off the walls with excitement.

I Book He Pays - Woo Hoo on getting SSR! :dance3: I wish you a magical trip.
horselover ~ Thank you so much for the magical vacation wishes. I'm so psyched that I can't put it into words. I wish you a magical vacation as well!!!

I was out in the woods this weekend, til about noon today, for a Scouting function - being inducted into the Order of the Arrow - the National Honor Society for the Boy Scouts. My eldest son was inducted last year, and hopefully my younger son will be next year... this year was my turn. I don't like that they do the Ordeal over Mother's Day weekend, but the OA Chapter has done it that weekend every year for the past 40 years.
stopher1 ~ Congrats!!!! It's so nice that you can share this with your sons. Something that all of you will cherish!

WOW ! This is phenominally AWESOME news !!! Congrats on the waitlist coming through with RCI ! Have a blast !
MiaSRN62 ~ Thank you very much. I've been through heck and back planning this vacation! I never expected a DVC villa to become available, especially so close to our departure date. This is our first time staying on property (since I was a kid...) and I can't wait to experience this entire vacation! Yahoo!!!

jimmytammy ~ Both of you must be extremely proud of your daughter. Wishing her all the best with her upcoming studies. Fantastic!!!

eliza61 ~ Thanks so much for sharing the photos and congrats on the concierge service!!

Have a great evening everyone! Five more days to go until I bond with the Mouse!! Yahoo!!!!!!!

eliza61 ~ Thanks so much for sharing the photos and congrats on the concierge service!!

Have a great evening everyone! Five more days to go until I bond with the Mouse!! Yahoo!!!!!!!

Can't take much credit there, those are Maria's pixs. I wish I could take pictures that nice. ;)

Hello Groupies! Thanks to all the advice I got on the VWL Groupies thread, we had a wonderful (but short) 2 night stay at VWL!

The CMs at Wilderness Lodge (check in, front desk, Roaring Forks) were some of the nicest CMs we've met at WDW! The lobby at WL was gorgeous, and we literally sat there for hours after the parks closed early one night. I'm not a woodsy/outdoorsy kind-a-girl, but the VWL was lovely :thumbsup2 We will be keeping this one on our list as a "go to" DVC resort. Thanks again!

Oh that all looks so nice!

Hey Groupies, guess what?!? I get to go back down to the world in just a couple of weeks. Do you think I'm excited? :yay::woohoo::dance3: Yep. Can't wait to be there once again. I knew you'd all understand. It's kind of a last minute trip, and I was able to secure a room at SSR. Of course I'll work my way over to the Lodge and hang out and have some fun while there. I tried, but they didn't have my two nights available sadly... at least not in a studio, and I certainly don't need a 2 bedroom for just little old me. :lmao: But I love the rockers at SSR too.

Hey everyone, we were busy this weekend, every so often we have a concert with our community band that we run, and it takes everything out of us, so I'm sorry for all the things we missed.

Happy Belated Birtday Dizny Dad!

MiaSRN62 what wonderful pictures of the conceirge level! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

I Book He Pays Wow! Congrats on getting the whole two weeks at SSR!

stopher1 Contgrats on your Scouting Badge, that's awesome!

jimmytammy What a great story about your daughter and her graduation!

I'm getting really excited about our trip to the Destination-D event. Anyone who wants to follow along can join in here with my TR!

Destination-D TR!

Hello Groupies! Thanks to all the advice I got on the VWL Groupies thread, we had a wonderful (but short) 2 night stay at VWL!

The CMs at Wilderness Lodge (check in, front desk, Roaring Forks) were some of the nicest CMs we've met at WDW! The lobby at WL was gorgeous, and we literally sat there for hours after the parks closed early one night. I'm not a woodsy/outdoorsy kind-a-girl, but the VWL was lovely :thumbsup2 We will be keeping this one on our list as a "go to" DVC resort. Thanks again!

I truly think the reason CMs there are so nice, the environment lends itself to being laidback, therefore, it comes through its residents, so then it reflects back from the CMs.

Stopher

All I can say is you lucky dog you;)

Maria

Loving the pics! Stan took us up to dining area and we had breakfast there on a couple of the Flag family trips. Great views!

JT - thank you for sharing your DD's graduation details & her college plans with us. What a great memory for all of you. I can understand why you are so proud. You have every right to be. :goodvibes

Maria - thanks for sharing the concierge lounge pics. I'd love to stay on that level some day.

Stopher - congrats on your trip! I actually saw that on the vacation list. Looks like we'll be there at the same time. We have no set plans this trip. It's more of a what do we feel like doing or not doing today trip, but perhaps a mini meet if we can work it out? Oh & I sent you a PM.

lilpooh108 - so glad you enjoyed our beloved Lodge. It is a very special place. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter