VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Di and Dad, Welcome back!!!
And a meet in HI sounds perfect to me, never been but always wanted too. My folks used to go once a year and they love it, our DD went once with them and is ready to go back.
Like Muushka says, get rested and back into some normalcy of life, then give us a trip report

DD -- Ooooo Oooooo! Pictures!!!!!!!!! Soon?

Kathy -- don't forget, if what you have is the same thing that's been going around down here, it is a virus and it lasts!!!!! Hopefully you won't have the full 4 months that others have had. Mine went 2 1/2 months. I just stayed on expectorant faithfully to try to keep the yuck out of my chest. Sudafed for sinuses, tylenol for aches, LOTS OF FLUIDS and rest. And patience. That was the hardest part!

Feel better!

DiznyDi - welcome back! glad you had a good trip!

twokats - glad there was nothing on the xray, and hope the antibiotic work for you soon!

I am feeling a little better today. It is the first day I have NOT woke up at 5 am with a headache. My teeth don't hurt either!!! I know my doctor does not like to always give me the same antibiotic, but that z-pack really works on me.

DD -- Ooooo Oooooo! Pictures!!!!!!!!! Soon?

Kathy -- don't forget, if what you have is the same thing that's been going around down here, it is a virus and it lasts!!!!! Hopefully you won't have the full 4 months that others have had. Mine went 2 1/2 months. I just stayed on expectorant faithfully to try to keep the yuck out of my chest. Sudafed for sinuses, tylenol for aches, LOTS OF FLUIDS and rest. And patience. That was the hardest part!

Feel better!

I admit after the last couple of weeks, patience is not the virtue I can practice right now. Especially with all the tax work that is stacking up. I am hoping this is the begining of the end. I have always had problems when the pollen count shows mountain cedar with highs. Usually I can slide through it with my normal maintenance meds, but this time the numbers were so high and I was under a lot of stress, so I guess that did not help.

Thanks for all the good wishes, I think they really helped. I know they helped.

Here's a few photos to enjoy:
Our friend Mickey
IMG_3230.jpg

The Lazy River
IMG_2992.jpg

Aulani lagoon
IMG_3151.jpg

Photobucket isn't cooperating with me this evening. I'll try again tomorrow.
Rain/sleet/snow in Ohio tonight. Aulani seems so far away.....

Di..I love your photos!

Wish I was closer to join in with the meet up!

Back from a quick 4 days in a treehouse with friends. I did the family 5K at the Princess marathon weekend! Fun! Even got the medal!:rotfl2:

Di..I love your photos!

Wish I was closer to join in with the meet up!

Back from a quick 4 days in a treehouse with friends. I did the family 5K at the Princess marathon weekend! Fun! Even got the medal!:rotfl2:

Congratulations on the marathon and the medal!!

What did you think of the treehouse?

Congratulations on the marathon and the medal!!

What did you think of the treehouse?

Treehouse was wonderful! You have to be patient..you aren't getting anywhere fast though! But it was so peaceful and beautiful. The inside is beautiful and very homey. I could definitely live there for an extended time! lol..
The quiet pool and hot tub are also very small and private. I don't like having a car when I'm at Disney, so I suppose it would make things easier as far as transportation. But the boats are right there and there is a bus. The point price is also good. I am going on the member cruise next Sept with 5 others and we will all be in a treehouse after the cruise. The 3 bedrooms with the bunks are awesome!

So excited, just booked a 2BR at VWL in early September for 8 nights!! This will be our first visit to the resort. Looking forward to taking the boat to Magic Kingdom. Decided not to rent a car this time and fully utilize Disney transportation.

We did a combo stay between AKL and SSR Treehouse the same time last year and really enjoyed both. Loved the spaciousness and relaxed feeling of the treehouse but also loved the hustle and bustle and animal views at AKL (had a regular club level room though and it was small! ). The only downside to both resorts was the driving. We had a rental car and used this over Disney transportation to save time (especially with all the stops at Treehouse).

Where else do the boats go from VWL? Looks like definitely to MK and Fort Wilderness. Does it go to Contemporary? Can we then hop on the monorail to Poly or Epcot? Sorry I don't know the monorail layout well. My Mom would love to do the Lua at the cove and it would be great to take boat/monorail over bus. Just a much more magical experience to me!

Thank you!!

Blossomz
That treehouse deal has had me interested for some time now. Friends who are DVCers from back home have talked about possibility of going in together for a week. I have heard the downside about transportation, but we would have our van, so no problem there. Thanks for the insight, Treehouse might be near future for me:thumbsup2

So excited, just booked a 2BR at VWL in early September for 8 nights!! This will be our first visit to the resort. Looking forward to taking the boat to Magic Kingdom. Decided not to rent a car this time and fully utilize Disney transportation.

We did a combo stay between AKL and SSR Treehouse the same time last year and really enjoyed both. Loved the spaciousness and relaxed feeling of the treehouse but also loved the hustle and bustle and animal views at AKL (had a regular club level room though and it was small! ). The only downside to both resorts was the driving. We had a rental car and used this over Disney transportation to save time (especially with all the stops at Treehouse).

Where else do the boats go from VWL? Looks like definitely to MK and Fort Wilderness. Does it go to Contemporary? Can we then hop on the monorail to Poly or Epcot? Sorry I don't know the monorail layout well. My Mom would love to do the Lua at the cove and it would be great to take boat/monorail over bus. Just a much more magical experience to me!

Thank you!!
The boats do go to Contemporary and FW.
You can catch the Monorail to MK, Grand Floridian and Polynesian OR the monorail to MK and Ticket and Transportation, then transfer at TAT to Epcot Monorail.
Bear in mind, the boat then monorail to TAT then monorail to Epcot can eat up a lot of time, it can be magical though.
We love the boats around Bay Lake over to the resorts and MK. Im not big on the buses and use our van for most treks to parks, but love the boats and monorails!

Also, if you would like, I can add your dates to the 1st page on upcoming vacations. If so, just PM me

Congratulations blossomz! Any pictures??? We love pictures!

Thank you!!

WooHoo! We have a new visitor, hopefully a new Groupie! Visit often, grab a rocking chair on the porch and join us :goodvibes.

Yup, the boats go to FW. And yes, Contemporary. And yes, boat to CR and monorail to MK resorts and TTC.
But you have to get off at TTC to catch one to Epcot, sadly.

Enjoy planning!:drive:

Hello to Stacey! We are going for the first time ever this summer! I am bursting with excitement, too! Also trying to figure out transportation logistics!

DD -- Love the pictures! What a wonderful place!

OK Muush...Treehouse photos! As you can tell, they are reminiscent of our lodge...

DSC01423-1.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01422.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01421.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01420.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01415.jpg
[/IMG]

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!!

I'm getting so excited!

Thank you for all of the info on the boat and monorail lines. Getting to MK and the MK resorts will be pretty straightforward, but sounds like Epcot will be more of a trek (we'll call it an adventure!).

Need to start deciding on our dining reservations, think we can start booking on March 8th, yeah!!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!!

I'm getting so excited!

Thank you for all of the info on the boat and monorail lines. Getting to MK and the MK resorts will be pretty straightforward, but sounds like Epcot will be more of a trek (we'll call it an adventure!).

Need to start deciding on our dining reservations, think we can start booking on March 8th, yeah!!
Welcome, and as Muushka says, pull up a rocking chair, set a spell, come back often. . .and, oh, don't forget to actually make it into the spittoon. ;) One of our favorite things about VWL is the boat ride to MK. We use the boats to CR and FW less often, but they are nice bennies to have. As for the dining reservations, I'd suggest Artist Point since you're staying right there. One of the best restaurants on WDW property. Enjoy!

Hi groupies!! Reporting in from our first "value" Atari. I'm glad we did it once, but it was the first and last time. Lmao. Spoiled much? Next time we "need" to do a cash trip it will be POR or bust!! But most likely, all DVC from here on out!

Thank you for the tip on Artist Point, I will add that to the list.

Does anyone know if Captain Cook's at the Poly has Tonga Toast for breakfast? They did when we were there last year, but pulled up a few recent user submitted menus and don't see it listed.

Realize this isn't a Poly thread, but since the resorts are close... :)

Thanks!!

Thank you for the tip on Artist Point, I will add that to the list.

Does anyone know if Captain Cook's at the Poly has Tonga Toast for breakfast? They did when we were there last year, but pulled up a few recent user submitted menus and don't see it listed.

Realize this isn't a Poly thread, but since the resorts are close... :)

Thanks!!
Not sure of the Tonga Toast at Capt Cook's, but Roaring Forks at WL has Mickey waffles will several toppings. lol Oh, and the smoky portobello soup at Artist Point is a must. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter