• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great big Happy Birthday to jimmytammy! Not sure where you're headed for lunch, but I'll happily come along. :goodvibes

Happy Birthday jimmytammy! Hope you have a wonderful day!

5 more sleeps for us!! DS seems to be a little under the weather. Runny nose...hoping he doesn't get any sicker. Giving him his vitamins :) I have the same and think I may have an ear infection, but seems to be getting better with some home remedies.

I can't wait to be in WDW and enjoying the 70 degree weather. Yesterday we had rain, sleet, snow and ice. LOL

Happy Birthday jimmytammy! Hope you have a wonderful day!

5 more sleeps for us!! DS seems to be a little under the weather. Runny nose...hoping he doesn't get any sicker. Giving him his vitamins :) I have the same and think I may have an ear infection, but seems to be getting better with some home remedies.

I can't wait to be in WDW and enjoying the 70 degree weather. Yesterday we had rain, sleet, snow and ice. LOL

Do you think that if you went to the doc and told them you were leaving for WDW in a few days, they might give you some antibiotic "just in case." Even if you don't have to fill the prescription, you would have it in hand. I know our doctor wouldn't do it -- she's hardcore about that stuff. But I know some of my friends' pediatricians would do it!

Happy birthday, Jimmy

Hope it is absolutely wonderful!!

thumbnail.jpg

and since I am going to be busy all day tomorrow at the church and then packing for my Magic cruise this weekend :dance3: :beach: :boat:

I am going to be a day early and tell Disney Loving Iowan

mickey_happy_birthday.gif

Happy Birthday, Disney Loving Iowan!

Hope it is a good and magical day for you!!

And yes, January is a good month for birthdays!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Do you think that if you went to the doc and told them you were leaving for WDW in a few days, they might give you some antibiotic "just in case." Even if you don't have to fill the prescription, you would have it in hand. I know our doctor wouldn't do it -- she's hardcore about that stuff. But I know some of my friends' pediatricians would do it!

I actually had some from a few months ago. DH and I went to Vero in August and I thought I had one, so the doc gave me an antibiotic that I didn't take. So I have that if I need it. If it doesn't feel better in a day or so, then I'll take the pills. I never got ear infections in my life until about 2 years ago. Now I get them or start to almost every time I get too stuffed up. Ugh.

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

3 more sleeps for me and I'm off to the World. Can't wait to get away from the freeze/thaw/snow/freeze!

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

3 more sleeps for me and I'm off to the World. Can't wait to get away from the freeze/thaw/snow/freeze!

WOOOOT !!!! Snow/sleet/ice today for us....but Wed is supposed to be 60 degrees ???? Weird ! Enjoy the countdown Kathy !!!

Hello Groupies!

DW and I Honeymooned at the Lodge in 2006, took my parents to the lodge in 2008, and have sent countless other seeking the best place at WDW to the lodge! (One stay booked club level, the other upgraded at check in...free upgrade....made my year! HAHA)

We had a one night stay in a studio before a cruise in 2009 and....

I'm excited to announce that we are returning to VWL in a studio this summer for 7-8 nights!!!!!!

We were so excited to find that the week we wanted to go was available! :banana:

We have never visited 'the lodge' as we like to call it in the summer, any advice for the best time to be back to spend an afternoon at the pool? What time to avoid Roaring Forks? Bus advice?

We have only stayed at the lodge during off peak seasons - the favorite being around the Christmas holidays! :santa:

Can't wait for a summer getaway - I think I may ride the boat just for fun! HAHA

Any location request better than another? We stayed in a first floor room on the front of the building and saw several rabbits and squirrels - but I don't know if I want a patio again, or a balcony.

Are there any good lake views on the top floor on the back side of the building?

Any and all advice appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi Groupies
Boy do I miss you guys the last few weeks were crazy busy and
I had no access to my "portal" as my kids call it (the Internet)
when we first got here.

We had a pleasent drive down, the Big Guy is just a driving machine!
We're getting settled here in St Pete Beach.
We did stop at the World for a couple days Ahhh :goodvibes
and we got this amazing 1BR at the lodge I think it may be the one
you guys were talking about not too long ago???
Horselover did you stay in it ? Well,
what a treat it's on the 5th floor corner room
Huge, different lay out and two balconies! :lovestruc

We had one full day at Magic Kingdom
Tues Jan 22 OK did I say a Tuesday in Jan
Should be low season right?
The Park was PACKED
I mean run over your heels with the carriages packed
they even extended the park hours due to high capacity!

Turns out they bused up guests from Two Disney Cruise Ships for the Day!
I didn't get the memo :sad2:

A cast member told me that Disney expects the park attendance to be the highest in 2013 than it's been in last 5 years.

So we went fast into our "We just love to be here mode" and braved the lines and did see some of the New Fantasy land
I really love it! DH was very impressed with the landscaping,
the trees looked liked they had been there for years
Oh but I guess they were behind the curse ;) I think that's the back story?

Well off to try to catch up :surfweb:

Take Care Groupies :wizard:

Happy birthday, Jimmy

Hope it is absolutely wonderful!!

thumbnail.jpg

and since I am going to be busy all day tomorrow at the church and then packing for my Magic cruise this weekend :dance3: :beach: :boat:

I am going to be a day early and tell Disney Loving Iowan

mickey_happy_birthday.gif

Happy Birthday, Disney Loving Iowan!

Hope it is a good and magical day for you!!

And yes, January is a good month for birthdays!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks Twokats!

Happy Birthday All!

Teapot -- I wonder what the expected record high attendance for 2013 is attributed to? It's not like the economy is great!

So excited for you -- to be in the best place in the world!

Let us know all the fun stuff you do!

We can live vicariously through you!

Welcome to the groupies csharpwv!!!!

We have never stayed at VWL in the summer, so cant help you with that particular season, but I will say 4th or 5th floor may afford you a better view of the lake, at least from our experiences.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes folks, you guys are the best, hands down:hug:

Muushka, sorry I missed lunch, if we can all do dinner, I am up for Ohana or 5os PTC, yall choose:cool1:

I know I missed some birthdays...but I hope they were all excellent! And in case I don't get back here tomorrow...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DLI!!!

csharpwv said:
I'm excited to announce that we are returning to VWL in a studio this summer for 7-8 nights!!!!!!

We were so excited to find that the week we wanted to go was available!

We have never visited 'the lodge' as we like to call it in the summer, any advice for the best time to be back to spend an afternoon at the pool? What time to avoid Roaring Forks? Bus advice?

We have only stayed at the lodge during off peak seasons - the favorite being around the Christmas holidays!

Can't wait for a summer getaway - I think I may ride the boat just for fun! HAHA

Any location request better than another? We stayed in a first floor room on the front of the building and saw several rabbits and squirrels - but I don't know if I want a patio again, or a balcony.

Are there any good lake views on the top floor on the back side of the building?

Any and all advice appreciated!

Thanks!

We have stayed at VWL several times during the summer...for years it was the only time we visited WDW due to the kids school schedules. It is a great resort during the summer, and somehow it seems cooler than other places as it reminds one so much of the Great Northwest.

The main pool gets crowded early in the summer. It isn't really all that large and many people do the "towel reservations" on the chairs even though they don't plan on being around. I think the pool hopping from Fort Wilderness is down somewhat as they finally built a nice pool over there a few years ago.

We enjoyed renting bikes and heading down to Fort Wilderness on the path, and renting boats to bop around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon.

As for room locations, we prefer to be above the first floor but that's really just a preference for us. Most of the views are of trees, and since the resort is so small you don't have to worry about long walks to the elevator like you might get at BWV or AKV.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. Thanks for stopping by the thread where people really do understand your excitement and anticipation!!! :)

Thanks for all the birthday wishes folks, you guys are the best, hands down:hug:

Muushka, sorry I missed lunch, if we can all do dinner, I am up for Ohana or 5os PTC, yall choose:cool1:

Lunch, Dinner, 50's PTC, Ohana, it's all good. It's virtual!!! No calories!!!

Happy Birthday Jimmy.:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter