VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi groupies!

I'm doing this on phone, so I apologizes if there was search way to find this.

Does anyone have a list I recommended rooms for 1 BR at VWL? Rooms to try to avoid.

Will be reading your thread over next few weeks, but I got my teddies & I'd love suggestions on what to request.

So excited to be staying at VWL in a 1 BR!

WL is my 1st love & we bought in b4 they built VWL. Been listening to music from WL getting in the mood

Thanks groupies! I really appreciate it.

Ok remind me not to post using phone again. Too many typos. I got my reservations not teddies! Yikes! Face palm! Sorry!

Wow -- it's so much fun reading all your stories! Keep em coming!

Hello to the new people popping on! DVC Mary, we are staying in a studio at VWL -- first timers -- this summer.

We're not DVCers, just renting points.

Here's a question for you guys... if you know. Will I, as a DVC guest, be eligible for the extra magic hours and such? I sort of assumed so. But I was trying to use the Disney planning site and it won't recognize my reservation, since DVC is a separate business entity. That made me a little nervous. (The res. is secure in the DVC site, believe me, I checked!;))

Have a great day, everyone! We are expecting big rain as we go from 70 degrees, down to 36! CRAZY!

Wow -- it's so much fun reading all your stories! Keep em coming!

Hello to the new people popping on! DVC Mary, we are staying in a studio at VWL -- first timers -- this summer.

We're not DVCers, just renting points.

Here's a question for you guys... if you know. Will I, as a DVC guest, be eligible for the extra magic hours and such? I sort of assumed so. But I was trying to use the Disney planning site and it won't recognize my reservation, since DVC is a separate business entity. That made me a little nervous. (The res. is secure in the DVC site, believe me, I checked!;))

Have a great day, everyone! We are expecting big rain as we go from 70 degrees, down to 36! CRAZY!
All guests staying in a Disney resort can take advantage of EMH, so no worries.

DVC Mary said:
Hi groupies!

I'm doing this on phone, so I apologizes if there was search way to find this.

Does anyone have a list I recommended rooms for 1 BR at VWL? Rooms to try to avoid.

Will be reading your thread over next few weeks, but I got my teddies & I'd love suggestions on what to request.

So excited to be staying at VWL in a 1 BR!

WL is my 1st love & we bought in b4 they built VWL. Been listening to music from WL getting in the mood

Thanks groupies! I really appreciate it.
All the views at VWL are roughly the same: trees, perhaps a glimpse of the lake or pool, and more trees. ;) That being said, there are very few rooms which I would categorize as poor locations. That being said, we usually request a room with a pool view on floors 2 through 4. The only rooms to avoid are those at the very end with a view of the dumpster area, although I've had one of those rooms before, and it wasn't bad at all, just the view was a bit marred when we looked that direction. So, we didn't. lol Enjoy VWL!

Welcome to the groupies DVC Mary!!!!

1 beds at VWL that we have stayed in have pretty much the same layout. I would ask for a high floor, 4th or 5th. This affords you a better view on the lakeside. Most views are of trees. I would ask for high floor and go with that.

bagsmom
You will be a WDW guest so you will be able to use extra magic hours. Biggest 2 differences to me of being in a a DVC resort vs. a reg. resort room, daily maid service(which we love not having, no disturbances)and bigger rooms

Come to think of it, how did folks on here come to make VWL their home? Perhaps you've all mentioned your experience before, so I apologize if this has been asked before. I'll start off to help things along.
!

So, I'm more of a "squatter" at VWL ;) LOL. My home resort is BCV's and we did not stay at the vwl until a few years later. We were definitely hooked at first stay though.

These were my very first thoughts when I did a live "report"

So we arrived at the WL yesterday around 12:00 pm. Now my home resort is the BCV's which we love so I was little nervous about venturing to a new resort . This is our first time ever at the lodge and my first reaction was, "Where have you been all my life, you big handsome man". While I love the soft, soothing colors of the beach club and its understated charm. The wilderness lodge is themeing at it's best. this is big, bold, if you can't run with the big dogs-stay the heck on the porch, jaw dropping details. I think we may have found a new favorite

I think this may have been what 6 years ago guys? and I can honestly say the emotions the lodge evokes when we arrived have not dulled one bit since

So, I'm more of a "squatter" at VWL ;) LOL. My home resort is BCV's and we did not stay at the vwl until a few years later. We were definitely hooked at first stay though.

These were my very first thoughts when I did a live "report"

So we arrived at the WL yesterday around 12:00 pm. Now my home resort is the BCV's which we love so I was little nervous about venturing to a new resort . This is our first time ever at the lodge and my first reaction was, "Where have you been all my life, you big handsome man". While I love the soft, soothing colors of the beach club and its understated charm. The wilderness lodge is themeing at it's best. this is big, bold, if you can't run with the big dogs-stay the heck on the porch, jaw dropping details. I think we may have found a new favorite

I think this may have been what 6 years ago guys? and I can honestly say the emotions the lodge evokes when we arrived have not dulled one bit since
Love this, and my thoughts exactly!

Luv said I forgot part of the story (though it's more of an epilogue, actually), so here goes. For Luv's first trip with me to WDW we stayed at VWL, and she was smitten. . .with me AND the Lodge ;). The intimacy of the WL, in general, and the Villas, in particular, was especially romantic. Further, though she is a Disney veteran with numerous trips over 20+ years, she had never stayed in a DVC suite. She loved it! Shortly after that trip, we began to look into VWL contracts and bought one a couple of years ago in late April. We wanted to do a Christmas holiday trip (I'd never been at Christmas), and though we had to go on a waitlist, it came through for us less than four months out. Serendipitous, indeed.

So, VWL possesses emotional heft to us that other resorts don't. It's part of the fabric of our relationship, so much so that we'll tie the knot there in July. And that, as Paul Harvey would say, is the rest of the story. :thumbsup2

3 more sleeps!! :banana::banana:

I'm like Eliza, a squatter at VWL. I fell in love with the lodge while staying there on two separate trips before I owned DVC.

Our home is SSR. After visiting WDW several years in a row, I decided to take the DVC tour while on vacation with some friends. We toured the SSR rooms. I believe SSR was the one they were pushing at that time. I ended up buying 100 points on the resale market a few months later in 2007. Then about a year later, buying another 60 direct from Disney. I'm not one of those SSR owners that doesn't like it. I really enjoy the resort. Stayed there the first 2 times I used my DVC. But I do like to try out all the resorts.

We're staying at OKW for the first time this week. I've tried BWV, Kidani, and SSR. Hoping to try out BCV and BLT in the future.

Sleepy, I think when I read what you wrote, it was similar to our experience.

Simple story: Stayed at WL a few times. Loved the place. But why? Well, Mr Muush and I are and were (even more so) very different people. I'm from the north, he's from the south. I like rock (classic of course) he likes country. I like my green leafy vegetables and Chinese food. Well, he doesn't. Tons of things that we didn't agree on from furniture to the way you pronounce the word PEN. (he says PIN, don't ask me to explain).

So when we walked into WL, both of our jaws hit the floor at the same time. Finally we can agree on something, with passion!

(Plus we lived in S FL at the time, so tired of the OKW look).

So, as the years have passed, we both have changed.

I can appreciate several country singers and Chuck will play Guitar Hero with me.

He now eats a salad about 5 days a week and I love NC barbeque.

He convinced me that thick crust pizza is yuck, the thinner the better. Sure enough, he was right!

But through all of our changes in both taste and attitude, our love of our beloved remains steadfast.:love:

(Disclaimer. Our love for Disney World has definitely changed, but not our Lodge).

anybody else's moose mascot not showing up?

There's a moose on the loose.... if found call Eliza!
I'm sure he'll turn up for dinner. You know boys. ;)

Hmm... my giraffe is gone too. Need to do some tracking here...
ETA - my moose is hosted over on photobucket so he's OK, but the giraffe who's MIA was hosted here on the DIS. It looks like someone moved or renamed the photo directory hosting the groupie icons. Time for me to move all of my icons, including the giraffe to photobucket to be with with my moose.

ETA to the ETA - caught a new giraffe, and he brought home a zebra buddy :) feel free to copy the image location of my moose - I have no intention of deleting or moving him.

anybody else's moose mascot not showing up?
Odd, I can't see your moose nor my own, yet I see it on a couple of other posters. Hmmm. . .

And, keep the stories coming! Love to hear how everyone got there start at VWL. Cute story, Muushka. For the record, however, it IS "pen," and I'm from the south. ;)

Odd, I can't see your moose nor my own, yet I see it on a couple of other posters. Hmmm. . .

And, keep the stories coming! Love to hear how everyone got there start at VWL. Cute story, Muushka. For the record, however, it IS "pen," and I'm from the south. ;)

I can see mooses everywhere. 7th sense????:confused3

Oh yeah, try telling Mr Muush that he is not pronouncing it correctly (drives me nuts, I work with ESL students!).

OMG groupies..I've missed you! Time just has been at a premium! I started my own private tutoring for students with special needs and wow...I can't believe how busy I am!

I also was on the DVC member cruise and had a fantastic time! lol

Now I'm getting ready to go down and do the Princess 5K! My first attempt at anything like running! :lmao:

So now I need to catch up with all of you! I've missed a LOT! :listen: Will try to check in more frequently!

OMG groupies..I've missed you! Time just has been at a premium! I started my own private tutoring for students with special needs and wow...I can't believe how busy I am!

I also was on the DVC member cruise and had a fantastic time! lol

Now I'm getting ready to go down and do the Princess 5K! My first attempt at anything like running! :lmao:

So now I need to catch up with all of you! I've missed a LOT! :listen: Will try to check in more frequently!

Glad to see you back and glad you had a good time on the cruise.

Hey Folks
As you can see, Im up early(been awake since 1:30:hyper:), usually dont get up til 5:30, but we have a long distance job to go to today, so for whatever reason, my body decided it didnt need more than 3 hrs.(but my mind is screaming go back to sleep you crazy man:rolleyes:)

I am so missing and wishing I was at WDW and VWL right now, in my happy place. As blossomz says and I so understand, time is premium these days. The business I own with my dad has been really good the past year, wide open to say the least, but my health to a certain degree has suffered because of it, based on stress. I remember how things used to be in the business, we worked at night to keep paperwork up, but we had a life. Now, its a wide open every minute of the day with no break kind of business, so more than ever, I need those WDW vacations, not so much to be in the parks(dont get me wrong, still love it)but the peace and relaxation of being at a resort like VWL or OKW affords me a true vacation to unwind and let the stress go by.

Dont get me wrong, I love my work, love working with my dad(who is 81 BTW, and still very spry)and my DS, who will soon be done with school and coming on strong(hopefully to take on some of the workload on his young shoulders)along with others who have been here for awhile(one fellow has been here 49 yrs with my dad). I realize so many are still searching for work and I dont mean to come across as unappreciative, because,to me, it sounds that way.

I guess my point is as I sit here and reflect, God knew what He was doing as He allowed us the ability to buy into DVC, at least thats the way I view it. He knows our future, so I lean on Him, He knew where I would be in my life 10 yrs. after buying. If you would have asked me 10 yrs ago if I would be stressed, too busy to play golf, etc., or spend more time with friends and family, I would have said no way! Part of this is coming from a conversation I had with my cousin last night who is in a retirement community, alone. He so needs companionship, begs for it, and yet I have no time to give him, and so wish I did. It would be simple to say I will just not be so busy, but thats easier said than done. I have so many workers, including subs who look to me and my dad, depend on us to carry on. So we do.

Sorry for the odd post, just needing to vent a little.

JT..couldn't have said it better myself! I too am so grateful to have my DVC and to be able to take a break from everything when I so need it! I know for a fact..if I didn't have DVC vacations wouldn't occur as frequently or at a value!
:woohoo:

JT -- so funny you should vent this. My DH is stressed and frustrated at his work right now, although grateful to be employed, of course. He said "it is such a pain to be working for someone else and making them rich off of my hard work."

I told him yes, but it would be even MORE stressful working for yourself, since every little headache is yours -- it can't be passed up the ladder to the boss.

I get where he is coming from, but reading your post validates my thinking.

Everything is on your shoulders.

I'm so glad you have a home away from home to dream about during your busy times! And remember, you MUST take care of yourself. Getting away from it all should be as important as a doctor visit (and may be even more beneficial!)

I believe that even if you can't get away often, at least having something planned lets you know that there is a break coming up. That gives a person a happy thought to hold onto!

Sending you hugs and happy thoughts of WDW!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter