VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are only 25 days from going home to our first home resort VWL.I was lucky to get a dedicated 2 bedroom and I asked for a odd number room and I have a trick to getting it.If you love the VWL you know why i ask for a odd number room.

Ok I'm intrigued. What is your trick to getting it?

We rode TT yesterday and it was really cool. It reminded me of being inside a video game, like Tron. Very neat concept, IMO. Very futuristic.

Ate at Biergarten, and it was yummy. I had a Spitzy(Sp.)in my DDs honor as she couldnt be there, having that nasty ol work to contend with. It is a mixture of orange soda and coke. Biergarten is among her faves and she loves that drink.

Our friends from back home went to US yesterday so we are curious as to their take on it, like us back in Mar., this was their 1st time there.

I got roped into the Ziti Sisters show in Italy. If any of you have ever seen the show, I was the superhero, then embarassingly got to re-participate as the statue of a man holding a fig leaf in front of...let me just say I dont embarass easy, so I will post photos instead to explain:eek:

We also went to the Merry Member Mixer. This was our 1st time and really enjoyed it. Lots of folks there but it was well organized. Walked right in, got our hot chocolate and cookie, hung around a bit and got our ornament. Didnt see anyone I knew. WD, I know you mentioned you folks were attending so if by chance I walked by and didnt speak, forgive me, I get a little oblivious in crowds.

So sorry JT, Lake Buena Vista. You're not ignorant, I'm lazy!!

Andy Garcia, love what he did requesting that song again. We saw him the first time he did CP many moons ago.
You could tell he loved the music, he was really keeping the beat!

DUH:idea: Which hotel(s) do you prefer? Our 1st trip we stayed at the Grovesnor which I think has changed names since. I remember it was '99 and Bill Clinton was next door at the Wyndam maybe. We left out early that AM, police everywhere, then found out he was nearby, we joked we could go see him instead, but everyone agreed we would rather see Mickey instead:thumbsup2 Nothing political intended, but still feel the same today!!

JT, thanks for the lovely pictures. as always, just what I needed. We enjoy via napoli, it's one of our favorites. Have yet to eat at Germany

Muush, definitely agree with you on the values, We tried to stay at allstar one year when we had the chance to get to Orlando 2 days earlier than our BC stay. with 3 men, all over 6ft tall and 2 out of the 3 hoovering around 250lbs, I seriously thought a homicide was going to take place just for some extra floor space. I love though that disney has them.

Di, Teapot and horselover, have great trips and be safe. Horselover send my love to Granny and his family when you guys meet up.

Eliza
Glad you are enjoying them, hope to get a few more up in a day or so

Right you are! Here is the link:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/trailride.htm#wagride

If it is cold and rainy, we probably won't go (understandable, right?:thumbsup2)
If it's a nice night, we'll walk over from VWL.
Once we get there (at VWL), I will try to find out if they will have it that night or not.

thanks.gif
Muushka ! I will be very disppointed if: 1) inclement weather or 2) can't get from the airport to Ft Wilderness fast enough !

JT....your photos are fabulous ! Really putting me in the spirit ! And that pizza pic....ohhhhh !!!
chef2.gif

JT,

Muush, definitely agree with you on the values, We tried to stay at allstar one year when we had the chance to get to Orlando 2 days earlier than our BC stay. with 3 men, all over 6ft tall and 2 out of the 3 hoovering around 250lbs, I seriously thought a homicide was going to take place just for some extra floor space. I love though that disney has them.
I'm in agreement as well....we just simply do not sleep well on the beds in the values. The themeing is really cute---but the beds do us in. Wonder if Art of Animation has better quality beds ?

I'm in agreement as well....we just simply do not sleep well on the beds in the values. The themeing is really cute---but the beds do us in. Wonder if Art of Animation has better quality beds ?

Its funny you mention this, I was just looking at the mattress brand to see what it is at OKW, we are seriously considering upgrading ours at home. I havent heard if AOA mattresses are better or not, interested to know.

Happy Birthday to the big cheese himself! Walt, We miss your inspiration, innovation, and care for kids of all ages.

272995.jpg

(pic copied from the Disney Blog ;) )

For those who remember her from a meet at VWL, this is AnnieT
DSC_0048.jpg
DSC_0174.jpg
DSC_0170.jpg
DSC_0169.jpg
DSC_0167.jpg
DSC_0161.jpg
DSC_0158.jpg
DSC_0156.jpg

Some pics from FP line at TT
DSC_0154.jpg
DSC_0153.jpg
DSC_0152.jpg
DSC_0151.jpg
DSC_0150.jpg
DSC_0149.jpg
DSC_0146.jpg
DSC_0144.jpg
DSC_0143.jpg

Me in my big performance with the Ziti Sisters, "SuperHero":confused3 Didnt realize T didnt get the more embarrassing moment on our camera, instead on her phone, so fortunately for yall, I will spare you:woohoo:
DSC_0133.jpg
DSC_0134.jpg
DSC_0122.jpg
DSC_0123.jpg
DSC_0121.jpg
DSC_0119.jpg

Thank you for posting the pictures! I feel like I am there with you!

Say hi to Annie for me, please. :wave:

See you in a few days!

PS did anyone else get the email saying if you are a PAP holder,
you can invite guests to Blizzard Beach for a few hours? (Dec 6 and 13 from 2-5) Nice.

DUH:idea: Which hotel(s) do you prefer? Our 1st trip we stayed at the Grovesnor which I think has changed names since. I remember it was '99 and Bill Clinton was next door at the Wyndam maybe. We left out early that AM, police everywhere, then found out he was nearby, we joked we could go see him instead, but everyone agreed we would rather see Mickey instead:thumbsup2 Nothing political intended, but still feel the same today!!

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista. Just an ordinary hotel, but the most comfy beds! Which mean a lot to me.:goodvibes

jimmytammy said:
Its funny you mention this, I was just looking at the mattress brand to see what it is at OKW, we are seriously considering upgrading ours at home. I havent heard if AOA mattresses are better or not, interested to know.

You all are getting me very nervous about our upcoming value stay!! We weren't supposed to have a trip until 2014 (need more points!), but when the latest special came out, thought we could swing a value!! Eeek! Nervous now!!

Sorry Kathy. As I get older, I swear I am getting so picky! Like Goldilocks. This mattress is too hard.....:scared1:

Muushka said:
Sorry Kathy. As I get older, I swear I am getting so picky! Like Goldilocks. This mattress is too hard.....:scared1:

Well, we're DVC and its the only way we've ever been to WDW!! Spoiled much?! I already knew it was going to be...different. Haha!

Well, we're DVC and its the only way we've ever been to WDW!! Spoiled much?! I already knew it was going to be...different. Haha!

Think of it as an adventure and you'll be fine... kind of like upscaled camping ;) Oh, and don't forget to pack the TP!

... seriously, bring it.

We're staying at VWL February 10-15. We won't be getting WDW park admission this trip. We're probably going to spend a day at Sea World, and visit Bok Tower Gardens one day, and probably visit family on the coast one day. We have one more day to fill. We're wondering if there any things for an old, overweight, out of shape couple to do at the resort that we don't know about. On previous trips we've rented water sprites, taken the lodge tour, and walked to Ft. Wilderness.

You all are getting me very nervous about our upcoming value stay!! We weren't supposed to have a trip until 2014 (need more points!), but when the latest special came out, thought we could swing a value!! Eeek! Nervous now!!

LOL. :laughing: No worries Kathy, the values are cute it's just as we get older "creature" comforts start to whisper in our ears.

My dh and sons are all tall and my oldest was an offensive lineman in h.s.
squeezing them into double size beds was interesting to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter