VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimmytammy said:
Well, didnt see CP last night, it was packed. Epcot was manageable, but long lines for CP held us at bay. Heading to MK with Annie(some of yall may remember her from a past meet) and hopefully her DH Alan. He is a little under the weather.

Linda, I will try to get some Christmas photos up soon. It may be a few days, after we move to OKW, DW has to help me with that;)

Thanks so much
Hope you are having a wonderful trip :)

Hey all
We are at OKW now, over in Turtle Pond area. Got in room around 3, on the 3rd floor:eek: I told T next time its the bottom floor for me, whew, them steps and lugging luggage and groceries up was tough.

But we are settled in, heading to Epcot in a little while to eat at Via Napoli, meet up with friends from back home(they hit the ground running, didnt even go by their resort to check in). T has a monitor that checks her steps, so far, 12 1/2 miles in 2 days. I thought we were taking it easy these days:confused3

Hey all
We are at OKW now, over in Turtle Pond area. Got in room around 3, on the 3rd floor:eek: I told T next time its the bottom floor for me, whew, them steps and lugging luggage and groceries up was tough.

But we are settled in, heading to Epcot in a little while to eat at Via Napoli, meet up with friends from back home(they hit the ground running, didnt even go by their resort to check in). T has a monitor that checks her steps, so far, 12 1/2 miles in 2 days. I thought we were taking it easy these days:confused3

12 1/2 miles..:eek: ahhh the good ole days...lol My idea of relaxing these days is getting my cup of coffee, finding a comfy rock bench and watch the gorilla's at AK:goodvibes

Wow, JT 12.5 miles in 2 days!!! WooHoo! No wonder we need to rest after we 'vacation' at WDW!

We'll be in St Lucia for the Mayan end of the world (12/21). Anyone have any special plans???

Hey all

Enjoy JT ! OKW was our "home" resort until 2010. But Bell Service would have lugged all that for you---just a friendly fyi for next time :goodvibes

Hey all

:hug: In Oct we spent the first night at OKW. HH area. 3rd floor. DH couldn't lift anything over 10 lbs and he packs heavier than I do!! 3 trips up and down that night, 2 of those trips with bags that the airlines said weighed 41-42 lbs, and then back down less than 12 hours later. Next time I'll remember Bell Services!!

My hubby and I are still planning on doing our best to make the 9:30 pm wagon ride on Dec 12. Where does it start ? I'm assuming Pioneer Hall ?
Thanks !

My hubby and I are still planning on doing our best to make the 9:30 pm wagon ride on Dec 12. Where does it start ? I'm assuming Pioneer Hall ?
Thanks !

Right you are! Here is the link:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/trailride.htm#wagride

If it is cold and rainy, we probably won't go (understandable, right?:thumbsup2)
If it's a nice night, we'll walk over from VWL.
Once we get there (at VWL), I will try to find out if they will have it that night or not.

Hey all
Now it feels like vacation! T and and I are sitting on the balcony, watching the birds and squirrels do their thing by the water. We have a partial water/golf course view over in bldg 37. Sun is out, feels like its 75* at 9am. It has been nice all days so far.

T and I are considering adding on enough pts to at least get a studio for our weekend incoming nights. We just feel so much more at peace in DVC lodging than we do at other resorts. Call us DVC snobs:snooty:

Heading to Epcot today to do some things we havent done yet. Test track opened yesterday for a little while, I think. We heard it running and the lights were on, but we were on WS side the whole time.

For those that want to see CP, with no dining package, it seems the best time is last show, less popular narrator, at least thats my observance. Whoopi had the place packed 3 shows, Andy Garcia last night, could have gotten a good seat last show.

i will post pics soon, I promise. T has em uploading as I write.

DSC_0104.jpg

Pizza at Via Napoli, MMMMMMM
DSC_0102.jpg

Caseys half eaten spaghetti
DSC_0100.jpg
DSC_0096.jpg
DSC_0095.jpg
DSC_0094.jpg
DSC_0092.jpg
DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

Whoopi filming for The View in front of Gastons Tavern
DSC_0076.jpg

The new train station in Fantasyland. Love all the additions to this area and cant wait for the Mine ride to open!
DSC_0075.jpg
DSC_0065.jpg
DSC_0064.jpg
DSC_0063.jpg
DSC_0061.jpg
DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

Me and Casey trying a LeFous Brew from Gastons. A odd combo of Apple Juice, passionfruit juice and roasted marshmallow. Very sweet but good. I think they are trying to compete with Butterbeer from IOA, and each is unique for sure.
Upcoming, a few random shots from the new Little Mermaid ride at MK. I enjoyed it.
DSC_0047.jpg
DSC_0046.jpg
DSC_0045.jpg

Hey all
Now it feels like vacation! T and and I are sitting on the balcony, watching the birds and squirrels do their thing by the water. We have a partial water/golf course view over in bldg 37. Sun is out, feels like its 75* at 9am. It has been nice all days so far.

T and I are considering adding on enough pts to at least get a studio for our weekend incoming nights. We just feel so much more at peace in DVC lodging than we do at other resorts. Call us DVC snobs:snooty:

Heading to Epcot today to do some things we havent done yet. Test track opened yesterday for a little while, I think. We heard it running and the lights were on, but we were on WS side the whole time.

For those that want to see CP, with no dining package, it seems the best time is last show, less popular narrator, at least thats my observance. Whoopi had the place packed 3 shows, Andy Garcia last night, could have gotten a good seat last show.

i will post pics soon, I promise. T has em uploading as I write.

I refuse to stay at a value anymore. I call them 'the accidents'.:lmao:

Now we stay at a LBV hotel, great beds, convenient location and $40 or so a night. We usually get there late, so it is actually easier than going to a WDW resort. But I can understand why you would add the points!

Great tip for CP, JT, thanks. We don't buy the package anymore, for a host of reasons. I love Andy Garcia!

Oh, I forgot about that end of the world thing ;)

PS Muush love your sparkle trees :flower3:

Thanks. :goodvibes Steal 'em!:thumbsup2

Loving all the 'world' reports - keep them coming groupies!!! Those of us that aren't able to go this season are living through you! :santa:
We almost made it there this year. By which I mean I went to the pains of transferring VWL pts into my acct specifically so we'd have the 11 month booking advantage. I booked, but school schedules just didn't work out with DD starting college this year, and I just couldn't go without her (...yet, I'm sure that will change in time ;))

Jimmy, Your pics are wonderful... but that Pizza ... looks amazing for a WDW pizza! ... can almost smell it. Did it taste as good as it looks? Will have to make an attempt to gather the kids there next trip. No one in this family can say no to pizza.

Wow, JT 12.5 miles in 2 days!!! WooHoo! No wonder we need to rest after we 'vacation' at WDW!

We'll be in St Lucia for the Mayan end of the world (12/21). Anyone have any special plans???

Looking at the back of our APs... they expire 12/21/2012.

DSC_0041.jpg
DSC_0039.jpg
DSC_0038.jpg
DSC_0037.jpg
DSC_0032.jpg

The next few shots are at GF
DSC_0031.jpg
DSC_0029.jpg
DSC_0027.jpg
DSC_0026.jpg
DSC_0025.jpg
DSC_0024.jpg

A few random shots at Epcot
DSC_0023.jpg
DSC_0022.jpg
DSC_0017.jpg
DSC_0016.jpg

If you see these people...RUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!
DSC_0014.jpg

This is our friend Tearsa, she is from Mich. but lives in Orlando now with her DH brad. She and T met on a cross stitch forum many yrs ago.
DSC_0013.jpg

OK Muushka, fill me in, curious, what is an LBV? I am showing my ignorance here:scratchin And our friends from back home enjoyed the CP with Andy Garcia. They said at one point, he turned and asked the choir if they could sing the previous song one more time because it was so moving

twinklebug glad you are enjoying the pics, and yes, the pizza was very yummy. It was the Piccante(I believe)

Thanks for the photos jimmytammy :)

They are wonderful and so fun to see

Enjoy the rest of your trip

OK Muushka, fill me in, curious, what is an LBV? I am showing my ignorance here:scratchin And our friends from back home enjoyed the CP with Andy Garcia. They said at one point, he turned and asked the choir if they could sing the previous song one more time because it was so moving

twinklebug glad you are enjoying the pics, and yes, the pizza was very yummy. It was the Piccante(I believe)

So sorry JT, Lake Buena Vista. You're not ignorant, I'm lazy!!

Andy Garcia, love what he did requesting that song again. We saw him the first time he did CP many moons ago.
You could tell he loved the music, he was really keeping the beat!

Thanks Jimmy for the pictures! Looks like great weather! December can be cold and rainy but I'm seeing a whole lot of sun in your photos.

tea pot - we're going to miss you, too!:sad::sad: Our Groupie meet won't be the same without you.

We're on a countdown now.... better get back to packing :goodvibes

We'll be at VWL! :goodvibes If you have to "go" there are worse places to be! :rotfl:

JT - thanks for all the pics. Excitement is definitely building here. Only 15 days to go! :yay: Hoping to have a mini meet with Granny during our stay & fingers crossed we'll finally get to be Flag Family. It's been our experience that the 8th day is usually available. This time we'll actually be there on the 8th day! :thumbsup2

Enjoy your trips all that are there now or headed there soon! :santa:

We are only 25 days from going home to our first home resort VWL.I was lucky to get a dedicated 2 bedroom and I asked for a odd number room and I have a trick to getting it.If you love the VWL you know why i ask for a odd number room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter