• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge, a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another question.

Dry ice in a cooler? Anyone?

Our first night, I am surprising my guys by leaving a day sooner than expected, first night at the Contemporary and going to MK for parade and fireworks.

Since we are bringing so many groceries (and I can shop much cheaper here) I will have a cooler with perishables. Have any of you used dry ice? If I'm not mistaken, it will last 48 hours. It seems like it could work -- it would have to last from about 7 am the first day to about 3 pm the second day.

Here's another question.

Dry ice in a cooler? Anyone?

Our first night, I am surprising my guys by leaving a day sooner than expected, first night at the Contemporary and going to MK for parade and fireworks.

Since we are bringing so many groceries (and I can shop much cheaper here) I will have a cooler with perishables. Have any of you used dry ice? If I'm not mistaken, it will last 48 hours. It seems like it could work -- it would have to last from about 7 am the first day to about 3 pm the second day.

We attempted dry ice last year on a vacation. It didn't work so well. We purchased it the night before we needed it from a local butcher. Put it in the cooler and the next morning it was about the size of an ice cube! Not sure what we did wrong because it is supposed to last a lot longer! Good luck!

Just received our Magical Express tickets and luggage tags for our trip in September. Talk about early!! Not that I'm complaining, was so much fun to come home to an envelope with Disney written on the outside!!

princesskat - Kati - WELCOME! So very nice to have you here! Don't be shy, we're all family here! Your mom has been keeping us up with your activities, now you can come and tell us yourself. :goodvibes

WELCOME Jasonkat! There's no better place to be during the Christmas season than Wilderness Lodge! Congratulations on your purchase. Riding the boat over to the Magic Kingdom is one of the things we like best. Actually, DDad and I know we're on vacation when we here the boat horns first thing in the morning.

Believe it or not Muushka, I have all the old threads in my subscriptions with the exception of the first, which was already closed before I found y'all!!!

This is what I have:

1. no idea
2. Muushka : ***The VWL: Groupies and Trivia Thread*** Chapter 2!!
3. Eliza61: We're baaaaack!! **The WLV's groupies and trivia Thread Chapter 3
4. Eliza61: Bunnies and moosies and groupies, Oh My!!! The WL groupies Thread
5. Eliza61: VWL Lover's and Groupies Thread: It all started with a Moose
6. Stopher1: VWL Lovers and Groupies: Meese-ka, Mice-ka, Moose-kateers
7. Jimmy: VWL Groupies. . . yes we love the lodge
8. Jimmy: VWL Groupies. . . yes we love the lodge a lot!!

Anyway, this is what I have! So according to this we are on #8. ? . ? !!!

This is really funny, because I have them all in my subscriptions, too. Same as you, no #1. Who would have guessed we've been at it this long.

We attempted dry ice last year on a vacation. It didn't work so well. We purchased it the night before we needed it from a local butcher. Put it in the cooler and the next morning it was about the size of an ice cube! Not sure what we did wrong because it is supposed to last a lot longer! Good luck!

Just received our Magical Express tickets and luggage tags for our trip in September. Talk about early!! Not that I'm complaining, was so much fun to come home to an envelope with Disney written on the outside!!

It's never too early to get excited -- as long as you have something fun to do to keep your brain occupied between now and then!

I've been making customized touring plans on the Touring Plans website! Fun, fun, fun!!!!!!!

Nice to see this thread, we are staying for a week on the 15th. Have not stayed in a few years so we are pretty excited to hit the lodge again!

Welcome to the groupies culli!!!!

PM your vacation dates if you would like to be added to the upcoming vacations list on the 1st page

Hi everyone! I have been reading all of y'all post from the old VWL groupie pages. I have meet some of y'all at VWL meet & greets in 2009 & 2011. I'm trying to break out of my shell of shyness. My mom is Kathy aka twokats.
Kati

Welcome Kati!!!! So good to have you here! I got the pleasure of meeting you in 2011.

Woo Hoo! New thread! Thanks JT and Kathy!!!

Following U in Disney songs

Ev'rybody Has A Laughing Place

Wishing ladytink75 a very Happy Birthday!
Enjoy your special day. I hope it is magical in every way!

The new room is quiet... too quiet...
<looks around> <admires the wallpaper>

SupercalifragilisticeXpialidocious!

There for a few hours I thought we were way too noisy. I guess everyone needed a small breather!!

You Can Fly

Snow day for us in the northeast (teapot? horselover?) Anyone else wake to find everything cancelled and the world covered a beautiful white? (Fact: beautiful until we have to drive in it that is.)

I think the new room needs MORE pictures (can never have enough right?) ... these are older on a lower resolution camera, but still good if you squint (any excuse to share :))

Main Lobby:
113_0227.jpg

Outside main lobby:
113_0312.jpg

Falls:
113_0329.jpg

Dock:
113_0339.jpg

... and we haven't even gotten to the villas yet :D

Snow day for us in the northeast (teapot? horselover?) Anyone else wake to find everything cancelled and the world covered a beautiful white? (Fact: beautiful until we have to drive in it that is.)

I think the new room needs MORE pictures (can never have enough right?) ... these are older on a lower resolution camera, but still good if you squint (any excuse to share :))

Main Lobby:
113_0227.jpg

Outside main lobby:
113_0312.jpg

Falls:
113_0329.jpg

Dock:
113_0339.jpg

... and we haven't even gotten to the villas yet :D

Yes, snow day here again. :( Thanks for the pictures! I was just there last weekend sitting in the Inglenook escaping the cold Florida weather! :laughing: It was cold, but the villa lobby was warm & peaceful. :cloud9:

Thanks so much for the photos

You are right - there can never be too many :)

Happy Friday everyone

My sympathies to those who just got whacked (again) by Old Man Winter. That same storm skirted just north of us (less than 60 miles as the crow flies got 8") but left us with cold and wind (gusts to 45 mph). Our snow total is a little low this year, but it's been one of the coldest winters in a decade. Today is a good example. Normal high this time of year: 50F +/-
Actual high today: 41F with winds 20-25 mph. Bring on the summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter