VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge, a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here! Thanks for the new thread, J and K!

Now I have to figure you how to remember which bookmark is the new one.

Have a great day, gang!

Hi everyone! I have been reading all of y'all post from the old VWL groupie pages. I have meet some of y'all at VWL meet & greets in 2009 & 2011. I'm trying to break out of my shell of shyness. My mom is Kathy aka twokats.
Kati
We haven't been at any of the meets yet, but :wave: anyway, and welcome to the Friendliest Forum on the DISboards! (We need to register and/or copyright that phrase!)

Congrats JasonKat on the purchase!!!, very good choice of resort BTW:thumbsup2

PM me if you would like me to add your vacation dates to the upcoming vacations page

Welcome to the groupies princesskat!!!!
We are glad you joined us. And no worries about being shy, you will always be welcome here with open arms:grouphug:

Since the latest two mini-meets (very "mini" ::yes:: ) were posted on the last page of the last thread, I thought I'd post again here...and looking forward to many more pictures of meets to come!

A couple of pictures from our current trip....

Here's Granny and horselover, hanging out in EPCOT...

DSC01411_zpsbcd4d839.jpg

And here's Maria and Granny, hanging out at...well, I think you can guess. :)

DSC01448_zpsa91f0f8a.jpg

Just closed on my purchase last month. I already booked two vacations: July 7-14 in a 1 BR and Dec 21-28 in a Studio.

We have a 3 year old and 1 year old so we'd prefer a 1BR but the point cost at Christmas is so high we are doing a studio to save on points.

I'm totally looking forward to riding the boat to MK!

Welcome to JasonKat! Another KAT!!! Can't have too many of those.:goodvibes
Welcome home and welcome to the Groupies thread 7.0? Is that about right?

Hi everyone! I have been reading all of y'all post from the old VWL groupie pages. I have meet some of y'all at VWL meet & greets in 2009 & 2011. I'm trying to break out of my shell of shyness. My mom is Kathy aka twokats.
Kati

Hi Kati! Any daughter of Twokats is a daughter of ours! Welcome and please visit often.:goodvibes

Welcome Kati! :welcome:

Granny - thanks for posting the pic of our mini meet! I thoroughly enjoyed strolling Epcot with you & your lovely DW!

Sadly I missed Maria again. :sad2: One of these days the stars will align for us to meet.

Thanks for starting a new thread JT & Kathy! :thumbsup2

Don't think I have ever subscribed and then posted to a new thread so fast before! Thanks for a wonderful thread (one of two that I read almost everyday- Kook's being the other one)

Snow day today! More time for Disney and villa dreaming!

Although our trip is still a few months away, I make lists and plans to entertain myself! :)

We will be bringing a LOT of stuff with us. It sounds like we will have to park quite a ways away from the villas. I am not at all comfortable with having a castmember help us haul our junk in.

What do you folks usually do when you'll be staying quite a while and have a ton of stuff? We'll have 2 or 3 coolers, boxes of food, luggage, air mattresses, lots of bottled water -- I feel like we'll end up bringing the whole house!

I read somewhere that it's a good idea to bring a hand truck!

Any ideas? What do you guys do? Just make a gazillion trips till it's all in and call it a workout?

bagsmom said:
Although our trip is still a few months away, I make lists and plans to entertain myself! :)

We will be bringing a LOT of stuff with us. It sounds like we will have to park quite a ways away from the villas. I am not at all comfortable with having a castmember help us haul our junk in.

What do you folks usually do when you'll be staying quite a while and have a ton of stuff? We'll have 2 or 3 coolers, boxes of food, luggage, air mattresses, lots of bottled water -- I feel like we'll end up bringing the whole house!

Any ideas? What do you guys do? Just make a gazillion trips till it's all in and call it a workout?

What a great question! My DH hates lugging all our stuff a long way and I didn't think about the fact that the villas don't have a separate breezeway entrance. Can't you just use that entrance and wheel all your stuff through the lodge and out the door over to the villas? I am anxiously awaiting answers to your question too! ( we are also driving and making a stop for supplies)

We always manage to have a ton of stuff, for 2 :confused3.

Since the valet manage to squeeze tips for 2 instead of one, and being the frugal bugger that I am, this is what we do.

We have 2 very large suitcases. We always bring those up first along with other stuff.
Then we empty them in the room and head down for the rest of the stuff. And yes, it is a workout!

What a great question! My DH hates lugging all our stuff a long way and I didn't think about the fact that the villas don't have a separate breezeway entrance. Can't you just use that entrance and wheel all your stuff through the lodge and out the door over to the villas? I am anxiously awaiting answers to your question too! ( we are also driving and making a stop for supplies)

Well I guess you could.

But it seems like it may be a little more work (further) than parking in that very first area closest to the breezeway to VWL.

Groupies Old and New

A Mission!​

Lets figure out what version of the Groupie thread we are on. Help me out!

OK.

1. Started by someone who no longer posts
2. Started by Muush (I think)
3. ? Did I start this one too?
4. Eliza ?
5. Eliza?
6. Stopher?
7. Stopher?
8. Jimmy?
9. Jimmy?

Lets figure out what version we are on!!!!:thumbsup2

We haven't been at any of the meets yet, but :wave: anyway, and welcome to the Friendliest Forum on the DISboards! (We need to register and/or copyright that phrase!)

Welcome to the groupies princesskat!!!!
We are glad you joined us. And no worries about being shy, you will always be welcome here with open arms:grouphug:

Hi Kati! Any daughter of Twokats is a daughter of ours! Welcome and please visit often.:goodvibes

Welcome Kati! :welcome:

Thanks... I feel right at home here! :yay:

Groupies Old and New

A Mission!​

Lets figure out what version of the Groupie thread we are on. Help me out!

OK.

1. Started by someone who no longer posts
2. Started by Muush (I think)
3. ? Did I start this one too?
4. Eliza ?
5. Eliza?
6. Stopher?
7. Stopher?
8. Jimmy?
9. Jimmy?

Lets figure out what version we are on!!!!:thumbsup2

Believe it or not Muushka, I have all the old threads in my subscriptions with the exception of the first, which was already closed before I found y'all!!!

This is what I have:

1. no idea
2. Muushka : ***The VWL: Groupies and Trivia Thread*** Chapter 2!!
3. Eliza61: We're baaaaack!! **The WLV's groupies and trivia Thread Chapter 3
4. Eliza61: Bunnies and moosies and groupies, Oh My!!! The WL groupies Thread
5. Eliza61: VWL Lover's and Groupies Thread: It all started with a Moose
6. Stopher1: VWL Lovers and Groupies: Meese-ka, Mice-ka, Moose-kateers
7. Jimmy: VWL Groupies. . . yes we love the lodge
8. Jimmy: VWL Groupies. . . yes we love the lodge a lot!!

Anyway, this is what I have! So according to this we are on #8. ? . ? !!!

We usually give over our suitcases to the bellhop staff, as well as any supplies that can't sit in a hot car since rarely is our room ready when we arrive. Anything that can survive in the car until we physically check into our room, usually sits there until we feel up to retrieving it. We always park at the closest parking lot to the bus stop--the one where the taxis sit--then when we do haul any extra items to our room, we beeline for the bus stop and use that breezeway as a shortcut of sorts to get to our room. In other words, we don't follow the sidewalks exactly. ;) Considering the number of miles we log in the parks on any given visit, the distance from the lot to our room doesn't seem overwhelming to us.

Believe it or not Muushka, I have all the old threads in my subscriptions with the exception of the first, which was already closed before I found y'all!!!

This is what I have:

1. no idea
2. Muushka : ***The VWL: Groupies and Trivia Thread*** Chapter 2!!
3. Eliza61: We're baaaaack!! **The WLV's groupies and trivia Thread Chapter 3
4. Eliza61: Bunnies and moosies and groupies, Oh My!!! The WL groupies Thread
5. Eliza61: VWL Lover's and Groupies Thread: It all started with a Moose
6. Stopher1: VWL Lovers and Groupies: Meese-ka, Mice-ka, Moose-kateers
7. Jimmy: VWL Groupies. . . yes we love the lodge
8. Jimmy: VWL Groupies. . . yes we love the lodge a lot!!

Anyway, this is what I have! So according to this we are on #8. ? . ? !!!

You rock!!! So this is 8.0 Good job!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter